PDA

View Full Version : Question......

Vottomatic
07-30-2011, 06:16 PM
IF.......the Reds acquired Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw, do you think that would put them in the driver's seat to win the division? Factor in that they'd have to give up Stubbs and probably Bailey and Wood, and some other prospects.

LF Sappelt/Heisey
2B Phillips
1B Votto
CF Kemp
RF Bruce
C Hanigan/Mesoraco
3B Cairo/Frazier
SS Renteria/Janish

Cueto
Kershaw
Leake
Arroyo
Willis

Volquez in triple A.

HatchMo
07-30-2011, 06:19 PM
would love to see something like this happen at the deadline tmw, but i fully expect the reds to trade hernandez to SF and do nothing else.

Red Raindog
07-30-2011, 06:44 PM
IF.......the Reds acquired Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw, do you think that would put them in the driver's seat to win the division? Factor in that they'd have to give up Stubbs and probably Bailey and Wood, and some other prospects.

LF Sappelt/Heisey
2B Phillips
1B Votto
CF Kemp
RF Bruce
C Hanigan/Mesoraco
3B Cairo/Frazier
SS Renteria/Janish

Cueto
Kershaw
Leake
Arroyo
Willis

Volquez in triple A.

Hopefully we would have Cozart in that lineup soon

Red Raindog
07-30-2011, 06:44 PM
would love to see something like this happen at the deadline tmw, but i fully expect the reds to trade hernandez to SF and do nothing else.

ditto

redssince75
07-30-2011, 06:52 PM

LF Sappelt/Heisey
2B Phillips
1B Votto
CF Kemp
RF Bruce
C Hanigan/Mesoraco
3B Cairo/Frazier
SS Renteria/Janish

Cueto
Kershaw
Leake
Arroyo
Willis

Volquez in triple A.

This far out with 3 teams in front of us at the beginning of August, we could add Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax, and Pete Rose, and it wouldn't put us in the "driver's seat".

And I'm not even counting Babe Ruth & Sandy Koufax as dead...in their prime. There is no way we can say "driver's seat" with ANY players at this point.

realistic
07-30-2011, 07:02 PM
with about 56 games left

the reds would need to go 35-21 while st louis and milwaukee both go 28-28 or worse

pujols / mo rivera / halladay couldnt do that i think.

im not givin up hope yet but personnel is not the problem. there's no way id trade bailey or bruce but do i really want jiminez or bourn for 2012. get off to a better start with cueto/bailey healthy and all the young guys a year older, arroyo in san diego with harang

realistic
07-30-2011, 07:05 PM
This far out with 3 teams in front of us at the beginning of August, we could add Babe Ruth, Sandy Koufax, and Pete Rose, and it wouldn't put us in the "driver's seat".

And I'm not even counting Babe Ruth & Sandy Koufax as dead...in their prime. There is no way we can say "driver's seat" with ANY players at this point.

same analogy, beat me to it

Vottomatic
07-30-2011, 07:57 PM
Well, it is a deal that goes beyond just this year. That's why I would like it.

10xWSChamps
07-30-2011, 08:02 PM
That deal already would have been done by Walt if it were available. The Dodgers aren't gonna be trading Kemp and especially not Kershaw unless you wanted to give them maybe $50 million cash and Chapman.

BluegrassRedleg
07-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Should have been done in late May/early June. Kershaw is probably too difficult to pry away, but at least Billingsley to go along with Kemp. I Know that deal could have been worked on, and I surely hope they didn't hesitate because LA would have asked for Stubbs to go along with other prospects.

sdwagers
07-31-2011, 10:40 AM
I 'd would just taken Kemp... hoping for an off-season acquisition. The Dodgers are financial mess.