PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 best run teams in MLB?

brm7675
08-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Who do you see as the top 5 best run?

1. Philly
2. Twins
3. Giants
4. Boston
5. St. Louis

mroby85
08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Who do you see as the top 5 best run?

1. Philly
2. Twins
3. Giants
4. Boston
5. St. Louis

I would rate them
1) Philadelphia
2) Boston
3) New York Yankees
4) St. Louis
5) LA Angels

Stray
08-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Well the 3 teams with the best record this year are the 3 teams that are spending more than anyone else. When you have that much money to spend it leaves a lot of room covering up mistakes. Let's be serious, the Yankees have made their fair share of mistakes contract wise.

I don't know about a top 5 or anything, but I have always appreciated how the Rays have stayed competitive in the AL East. Their fanbase is nonexistent.

mroby85
08-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Well the 3 teams with the best record this year are the 3 teams that are spending more than anyone else. When you have that much money to spend it leaves a lot of room covering up mistakes. Let's be serious, the Yankees have made their fair share of mistakes contract wise.

I don't know about a top 5 or anything, but I have always appreciated how the Rays have stayed competitive in the AL East. Their fanbase is nonexistent.

I do see your point, but there are also teams like the Mets who spend $$$ and don't have a powerhouse year in and year out like the Yankees. I also feel like Boston has put a REALLY good team together, even considering the $ they're spending. They're just a solid solid team. Baseball should just have a salary cap with a maximum and minimum that makes all teams competitive financially, until that happens its tough to rate this. Minnesota and the Rays are some of the better teams if you factor in money, but you also see them letting guys like David Ortiz, Carl Crawford (more coming soon from the Rays) and guys like that go. The Indians have had a very good organization if you just consider it talent that has come through their system, as well as the Marlins. Personally, I wouldn't be happy with a front office or team if they let players go after they develop them, like if Votto isn't retained here, or the plethora of players that have left cleveland.