PDA

View Full Version : the leadoff walk !!

ol'Sparky
08-04-2011, 08:42 AM
why after the leadoff walk and the fifth straight ball does dusty not pull massett .. I blame dusty !!

dusty can't pull the strings .. it's time to make a change !!:bang:

Hillsdale87
08-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Taking Masset out at that point would have been stupid. In retrospect, clearly he didn't have it, but you don't just pull a guy because he gives up a 4 pitch walk. That inning was just as much about poor defense as about Masset's ineffectiveness

ol'Sparky
08-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Taking Masset out at that point would have been stupid. In retrospect, clearly he didn't have it, but you don't just pull a guy because he gives up a 4 pitch walk. That inning was just as much about poor defense as about Masset's ineffectiveness

bologna !! .. yank him !!

you have to have it .. cause we gotta have every game !!

dusty can't pull the cords !!

Hillsdale87
08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
You can't tell if someone has it after 4 pitches. He really never got hit that hard. The ball that went down the line would have been a ground ball double play if Frazier had been playing at normal depth instead of even with the bag. The other base runners reached through a ground ball single and 2 poor defensive plays

Jefferson24
08-04-2011, 09:35 AM
After the runners were on first and second Chapman should have been brought in to shut it down.

brm7675
08-04-2011, 11:20 AM
why after the leadoff walk and the fifth straight ball does dusty not pull massett .. I blame dusty !!

Simple, who would have pitched, I don't believe anyone was warming up so you have no other option.

Krawhitham
08-04-2011, 01:56 PM

Why put Massett in a close game?

He has been real shaky for 2 weeks. Almost everybody was well rested but Dusty goes with the guy who has been the worse lately. It has been 7 appearances since he had a clean inning

As for why he did not pull him, maybe no one else was warmed up yet

Votto4MVP
08-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I dont know about taking him out of the game....

BUT

What about the idea of giving guys a fine if they walk the leadoff guy of an inning?

alucas1505
08-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm not sure why Willis left the game at that point. He got the at-bat and hit a home run, and least give him a chance in the next inning. He had only thrown 77 pitches.