PDA

View Full Version : Will Teams try to trade for Willis

Dusty is Done
08-09-2011, 10:01 PM
The guy has been nothing short of great in what now, 6...7 starts?

Not one bad start....and yet not a win to show for it.....how sad

I think there will be a team in the playoff race try to get Willis

and the way he has pitched the Reds could get a nice prospect in return.

A good left handed starter for a stretch run could be a difference maker on a good team.

bshall2105
08-09-2011, 10:13 PM
I hope they try to resign him in the off season. We are in no position to trade away starting pitching.

Kevin1476
08-09-2011, 10:23 PM
I hope they try to resign him in the off season. We are in no position to trade away starting pitching.

or at times our Best Hitter!

mroby85
08-09-2011, 10:39 PM
The guy has been nothing short of great in what now, 6...7 starts?

Not one bad start....and yet not a win to show for it.....how sad

I think there will be a team in the playoff race try to get Willis

and the way he has pitched the Reds could get a nice prospect in return.

A good left handed starter for a stretch run could be a difference maker on a good team.

The guy is shockingly only 2 years older than Votto, and a great teammate. I say you hang on to him.

Jr's Boy
08-09-2011, 10:47 PM

This.

Vottomatic
08-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Walt and Bob won't sign him. They'll be taking their old men naps when other teams are courting Dontrelle.

justincredible
08-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I wonder how much it will take to bring him back? He'll probably be looking for one last big pay day. I really don't think the Reds have much of a chance to resign him.

Vottomatic
08-09-2011, 11:27 PM
I wonder how much it will take to bring him back? He'll probably be looking for one last big pay day. I really don't think the Reds have much of a chance to resign him.

I think they could if they made the effort.

Dontrelle appears happy for the second chance.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him give the Reds a chance to sign him.

Old NDN
08-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Why not sign him? He's been about as consistent as any of the starters. Why give him away for prospects? The Reds have a whole team of prospects and they're not doing very well. Lock him up now, before he hits the open market. Show him you appreciate his effort.

Razzle
08-10-2011, 01:53 AM

I don't think he's going to get paid very well at all. The 29 innings this year aren't going to make people forget about the fact that it's been 5 years since he was even a decent pitcher. Not to mention his peripherals still aren't all that great this year. He's not allowing many runs yet, but 29 innings is an incredibly small sample size.

justincredible
08-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I think they could if they made the effort.

Dontrelle appears happy for the second chance.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him give the Reds a chance to sign him.

I'd love to see it happen if they could get him relatively cheap.

TheBigLebowski
08-10-2011, 09:53 AM
For the right price I would love to have DW as next year's #4 starter. He's one of the lone bright spots this year.

bounty37h
08-10-2011, 09:59 AM
He doesnt need a big paycheck-the way the team has (not) backed him up each position player should be buying him dinner, watches, etc for a long time coming.

Bill Slawski
08-10-2011, 10:51 AM
I really appreciate Dontrelle's attitude on and off the field (his twitter stream is overwhelmingly positive).

For all he's done on the mound so far this year, albeit in a small sample size, I can't help but wonder how well that bat of his would play in a lineup everyday.

I don't know what his fielding might be like, but does he have a potential future in the outfield or as a DH?

Girevik
08-10-2011, 11:56 AM
With his salary for this year, I don't think there's any chance that Willis would clear waivers, which could make a trade difficult. You'd probably end up trying to work a deal with whatever team claimed him just to block him from going to a competitor.

Vottomatic
08-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Personally, I think they should convert him into a LFer so we can have his bat in the lineup every day. :D