PDA

View Full Version : a congrads to Bob and Walt for 2011 failure!!

Redsfansince72
08-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Congrats to our Reds Owner Bob and his sidekick "sit on your hands" Walt!! for their failures of 2011. Last years fun looks like a small blip on the radar now that this team has played most of the season with no urgency to win, No FOCUS for a entire 9 inning game. Baker and his wonderful coaching staff did nothing to motivate this team to do anything but give excuses, the same old "I feel a 3 game winning streak a coming" slogans, the "we will be fine" by Joey statements as well as the team refusing to do what it takes to better their own short comings to help the team win.

Now tonight the lowest attendance(17,378 ) since May and do Bob and Walt think Reds fans are stupid?? We fans could see the shortcomings, but the front office along with dusty were to slow to react till it was to late.

Cozart should have been promoted a month earlier, Gomes should have been benched alot earlier, Stubbs should have been removed from leadoff all together in May!!!!, and a move or two shoudl have been done to help this team before the season started. THEN at the deadline, Walt says the Reds are "Buyers".. Hmmm didnt see a dang thing but trading Gomes for 2 players that will probably never be here.

Then with dusty, If Heisey hits a homer, the next day he sits.. its like he would rather be buddy buddy with a lack of hitting vet, than rock the boat.. HELLO Dusty your the manager, NOT their buddy buddy or fishing buddy!!

I will always wonder how good and focused this team would have been under Lou Pinella!!

anyway they better not blame the fans for not buying tickets the rest of this season and they better not make excuses for not fixing the obvious issues they ignored during the off season. The Cards and Brewers improved their team and our ownership was sitting on their hands hoping the Cards and Brewers would stink.. Sadly they probably set this team back 2-3 seasons by sitting still and not showing the fans that 2010 was NICE, but it wasnt good enough to satisfy that goal of a world Series Championship!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!

now i have 1 more game left to go to in Pittsburgh. Maybe i will make a sarcastic sign to take with me.. I am sure the Pirates wont mind

Hard9
08-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Many Cards fans were surprised to see inaction coming out of the Reds front office. My guess was there just wasnt the depth,health, and stability in your rotation to go all in to try and compete this year. I would expect some pieces being moved around by Walt in the off season. The Reds might be out this year but there is a lot of talent in your young core to build around for next year.

Vottomatic
08-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I went to the game tonight. What a pathetic display of hitting. Willis could probably be the team's batting coach cause he continually helps himself with a big hit while the rest of the lineup is asleep at the wheel.

I can't wait 'til September. I'd bring up the entire Louisville lineup and sit the regulars so they can't pad their stats. Seriously. Heck, sit Votto and play Alonso at first base.

Embarrass the players who aren't getting it done. Sit them and let them think about their pathetic effort this season.

takealeake
08-09-2011, 11:12 PM
At least with Linder we knew where we stood. He did make any suggestions we were going to contend and then lie about it.

Kevin1476
08-09-2011, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=Vottomatic;2464297]I went to the game tonight. What a pathetic display of hitting. Willis could probably be the team's batting coach cause he continually helps himself with a big hit while the rest of the lineup is asleep at the wheel.

Am I wrong for being pissed, giving Willis the bunt with two runners on and no outs?

Redsfansince72
08-09-2011, 11:24 PM
i thought he should have pinch ran for Ramon when Willis was at bat with 2 on.. Especially knowing Ramon refuses to run fast at all!!!

Vottomatic
08-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Am I wrong for being pissed, giving Willis the bunt with two runners on and no outs?

Yeah, I was completely stunned he took the bat out of Dontrelle's hands. The guy has been money at the plate. It's not like it was Cueto or Volquez who can't hit to save their souls.

Plus, they had a righthander on the mound.

LexRedsFan
08-10-2011, 05:15 AM

Pitchers pitch, man. Hitters hit. Closers close. Shortstop bats 2nd. BakerMetrics.

Moosie52
08-10-2011, 07:41 AM
I want to thank Walt and Bob for giving us the team we saw last season. And for finding Dontrelle Willis, who is fabulous and deserves so much more than his teammates are giving him.

izzy's dad
08-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Pitchers pitch, man. Hitters hit. Closers close. Shortstop bats 2nd. BakerMetrics.

Oh didn't you hear? In one of his latest interviews he said he was tired of being questioned. I guess we should turn a blind eye to this kind of thing. Wouldn't want to piss Dusty off. Besides, they just have to get it together, then everything will be fine.

texasdave
08-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Oh didn't you hear? In one of his latest interviews he said he was tired of being questioned. I guess we should turn a blind eye to this kind of thing. Wouldn't want to piss Dusty off. Besides, they just have to get it together, then everything will be fine.

He is tired of being questioned in Cincinnati? Is he serious? If you can't take the heat from Cincinnati media you can't take it anywhere. Oh yeah, I am tired of watching this team play uninspired, brain-dead baseball.

fewfirstchoice
08-10-2011, 08:50 PM
If this front office would expand their pay roll to say 85-90 million it would make everyone happy. How you ask? Well it would give them money to get that true #1 ace they need and a big run producing right handed hitter to put in the middle of the order. That would make this team great, not good but great. In so doing this it would put butts in the seats every night thus making the owner money. So go spend the money so the wins and money can flow. If only they did that this past off season, if only. Let's go get some over the hill and mediocre players that add nothing for the team. That's what they did let's hope they don't do it this off season.

Krawhitham
08-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Congrats to our Reds Owner Bob and his sidekick "sit on your hands" Walt!!

Walt has to sit on his hands for the most part because he is not given a budget that will allow him to get the players they need to win

Krawhitham
08-11-2011, 02:55 AM
If this front office would expand their pay roll to say 85-90 million it would make everyone happy. How you ask? Well it would give them money to get that true #1 ace they need

The Guy leading the league in ERA is not good enough to be an ACE?