We had to send Chapman to the minors to be able to find the plate

Massett has good stuff but can't locate a pitch

Arroyo and Wood have been awful

Someone please tell me how he is qualified to be a Major

League Pitching Coach

He S****

bigredmechanism
08-20-2011, 12:17 AM
I expected more consistency as well, but the other side of the coin is Cueto (and Leake to a somewhat lesser extent.) They have both progressed this season, JC especially. Leake, in his second year, looks to be a dependable starter for years to come.

I would also say that you can't really blame Price for Chapman not having the best control. We knew his location might be an issue the day we signed him, and at the end of the day he's a pretty solid weapon to have since he's come back from Louisville. Looking at his IP, however, it's pointing towards him being a closer in the near future, and not a starter. I'm not really sold on that idea, but at the same time it's hard to judge whether his arm/control can handle throwing 100+ pitches that hard.

Volquez, though, I expected more from. And Price definitely owns part of that, in my opinion. Ditto for Masset.

smixsell
08-20-2011, 02:18 AM
All of our young pitchers (except Volquez who might well be the definition of hopeless) seem to improve massively ater a few weeks with Ted Power in Loiusville. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I have been questioning why he is our pitching coach and not Power since about May of this year.

Dusty is Done
08-20-2011, 02:55 AM
All of our young pitchers (except Volquez who might well be the definition of hopeless) seem to improve massively ater a few weeks with Ted Power in Loiusville. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I have been questioning why he is our pitching coach and not Power since about May of this year.

He done more with Chapman in 3 weeks than Price has done in 6 months

FireDusty
08-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Pitch selection has killed us this year. Our approach to lefties in GAPB is shameful.

Some of the lefties hit pitches that the pitcher didn't locate, but many times the pitch is put right where the catcher ask for it and it gets hit into the river.

Lefties at GABP have ruined our home record.

Mutaman
08-20-2011, 08:12 PM
This may be the first attack I've seen on Bryan Price at RedsZone. And that was after seeing Dick Pole attacked on a daily basis. I wonder why.

My thoughts- like most everyone else, Price has really underachieved this year.

Mutaman
08-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Pitch selection has killed us this year. Our approach to lefties in GAPB is shameful.

Some of the lefties hit pitches that the pitcher didn't locate, but many times the pitch is put right where the catcher ask for it and it gets hit into the river.

Lefties at GABP have ruined our home record.

We can't hit righties and we can't pitch to lefties. That pretty much sums it all up.

mroby85
08-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Probably the same reason Janish/Renteria were okay at SS for half the season, and Gomes was okay in LF, this front office just isn't proactive, and I don't mean I expect knee-jerk reactions, I mean they stand by way too long instead of trying to fix obvious problems.

R_Webb18
08-20-2011, 11:54 PM
i guess you have to blame someone?

Vottomatic
08-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Probably the same reason Janish/Renteria were okay at SS for half the season, and Gomes was okay in LF, this front office just isn't proactive, and I don't mean I expect knee-jerk reactions, I mean they stand by way too long instead of trying to fix obvious problems.

Sounds like Bengals management, the loyalty thing.

So I blame Mike Brown. :D