PDA

View Full Version : Razor placed on waivers.

texasdave
08-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Something brewing or simply procedural?

The Reds have placed catcher Ramon Hernandez on waivers, according to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com (via Twitter). Tim Dierkes listed Hernandez as one of his August trade candidates at the top of the month.

In late July, there was talk that the Reds were listening on offers for Hernandez, but GM Walt Jocketty said that the veteran would be staying put just prior to the deadline. In 286 plate appearances for the Reds this year, the 35-year-old is hitting .292/.350/.465 with eleven homeruns.

nux fan
08-24-2011, 03:12 PM
I think they are considering recalling danny breeden or sonny ruberrto

texasdave
08-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Maybe the Giants upped the ante. I notice on their AAA roster is one Marc Kroon. Our 2012 closer need would be filled. :)

nux fan
08-24-2011, 03:33 PM
exactly all we need is to activate Dave Van Gorder

texasdave
08-24-2011, 03:39 PM
exactly all we need is to activate Dave Van Gorder

Only if Brad Gulden and Dann Bilardello are not available.

nux fan
08-24-2011, 03:42 PM
do you think Steve Christmas or Terry McGriff should catch Arroyo?

FireDusty
08-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Something brewing or simply procedural?Just got back from his blog, nothing there.

Searched Bing & Google, nothing.

Do you have a link?

bounty37h
08-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Marlins maybe? WTF was up with their catcher and his return throws, I could hardly stand watching him, he has a delay, second pump in every throw. Reminded me of-
Ms October likes long hot showers, walks on the beach, and holding hands with her special man....

texasdave
08-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Just got back from his blog, nothing there.

Searched Bing & Google, nothing.

Do you have a link?

I saw it on mlbtraderumors.com. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Vottomatic
08-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Probably procedural.

Kevin1476
08-24-2011, 06:10 PM
I saw where the Giants claimed Heath Bell off the waivers, If in fact they get a deal done with the Padres? I wonder if that would have an impact on what players we are looking at in the Giants organization or even if the Giants would make a move on claiming Hernandez.

dthomas24
08-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Marlins maybe? WTF was up with their catcher and his return throws, I could hardly stand watching him, he has a delay, second pump in every throw. Reminded me of-
Ms October likes long hot showers, walks on the beach, and holding hands with her special man....

That's funny, that's exactly what I thought of when I saw him!

The DARK
08-25-2011, 01:35 AM
He could be somewhat enticing. A contender like the Giants could claim him and trade a mid-level prospect for him. After the season, they'd either be able to offer him arbitration, which would give them a supplemental pick if declined and fill a hole if accepted. A win-win for both sides. He'd also be of interest to a rising, low-budget team like the Nationals who also want either first dibs on him for next season or a quick steal in the form of a supplemental pick.