PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Hand it to Milwaukee

redssince75
08-29-2011, 09:00 AM
No matter what we or the Cards have done, they were gonna win this division. They have been hotter than hades the last month-plus. I keep waiting for them to hit a cool streak, and they just don't.

R_Webb18
08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
im mad were not gonna make it but im not rly mad that milwaukee is.

Natty Redlocks
08-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Since the Reds aren't making the playoffs, I'll be rooting for the Brewers in October. And really, if you want to know what the Reds should do this offseason, look no further than Milwaukee. They knew they couldn't afford to keep Fielder. But instead of panicking and trading him, they sold the farm for the best pitchers they could. They may be back to the drawing board next year but this year they're starting to look very special. Good for them.

bounty37h
08-29-2011, 01:22 PM

I gotta agree with this. If not us, at least not Cards or Cubs (lol), but really, I am more hitting football mode this week anyway. Was fun to care about Reds baseball in Aug/Sept last year for once though, but now back to regularly scheduled programming....

will5979
08-29-2011, 01:42 PM

Agreed, if the Reds can't win the division I have no problem cheering for either the Brewers or Astros...I could never bring myself EVER to cheer for the Cubs, Cardinals, or Pirates.

will5979
08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Since the Reds aren't making the playoffs, I'll be rooting for the Brewers in October. And really, if you want to know what the Reds should do this offseason, look no further than Milwaukee. They knew they couldn't afford to keep Fielder. But instead of panicking and trading him, they sold the farm for the best pitchers they could. They may be back to the drawing board next year but this year they're starting to look very special. Good for them.

Agree with this post as well, I hope the organization goes for broke with the window of opportunity given us the next few seasons. Would rather have a ring that lasts forever rather than 5 years of "competing." Those 5 years of ""competing" could mean just that, being competitive and in the eyes of Reds ownership that equates to .500 baseball, I'll take the Florida Marlins World Series or bust mentality please, its our best chance these days for a championship.

The DARK
08-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I have a lot of respect for the Brewers organization. They play in a relatively small market, had the guts to go all in this offseason, and put up with a lot of the Cardinals shenanigans that we did last year as well. What's more, they have the chance to earn our division some respect. I'd like to see them take down the Phillies.

Vottomatic
08-29-2011, 04:06 PM
I kinda felt like the Brewers were the ones to beat, but everyone kept telling me their defense would bite them in the butt. They made the most improvements this past offseason.

I can only hope Reds ownership took notes.

goreds2
09-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Their lineup was scarey coming into this season. They need to get homefield advantage in the playoffs for at least the first round.

jwmann2
09-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Thank God for the Bengals. Always next year! Our Pitching really screwed us this year. 30 losses by one run this season? The Brewers are us last year. Glad it's not the Cubs or Cardinals going to the playoffs.

will5979
09-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Glad it's not the Cubs or Cardinals going to the playoffs.

Or the Pirates...

Falcon7
09-03-2011, 07:43 PM
No matter what we or the Cards have done, they were gonna win this division. They have been hotter than hades the last month-plus. I keep waiting for them to hit a cool streak, and they just don't.

You are correct, I hope they win it all.

TheBigLebowski
09-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm 100% behind the Brewers as well.

Hillsdale87
09-04-2011, 11:13 PM

The Brewers' hot streak has actually taken away alot of the sting of the Reds' inconsistency for me. For a while, it was frustrating that the Reds were up and down so much, but no matter how well they could have played, nobody was going to stick with Milwaukee. Milwaukee is just a great team right now.

freestyle55
09-04-2011, 11:25 PM
I kinda felt like the Brewers were the ones to beat, but everyone kept telling me their defense would bite them in the butt. They made the most improvements this past offseason.

I can only hope Reds ownership took notes.

And when they don't resign Fielder, Greinke signs with someone else after 2012, and their farm system doesn't produce anyone for the next 3 years, how good are they going to look after they inevitably are smacked down by the Phillies?

Hopefully, the Reds ownership continues to build from within and not make system-killing deals just to make the NL playoffs again...

Vottomatic
09-05-2011, 07:57 AM
And when they don't resign Fielder, Greinke signs with someone else after 2012, and their farm system doesn't produce anyone for the next 3 years, how good are they going to look after they inevitably are smacked down by the Phillies?

Hopefully, the Reds ownership continues to build from within and not make system-killing deals just to make the NL playoffs again...

I disagree. I think you need to do both.

Build from within, and make trades to bolster your team.

Not every piece of the puzzle is going to come from your farm system.

And not every player you produce from your farm system is going to fit your needs. And you possibly might have mutliple players at certain positions.

Reds need to fill the holes this offseason.

Todd Gack
09-05-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm rooting for the Phillies. Great organization and team and they do everything well and not just at home.

Vottomatic
09-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm rooting for the Phillies. Great organization and team and they do everything well and not just at home.

Seems a bit unfair them having those 4 great pitchers. Reminds me of some of the Orioles teams in the early 70's.