PDA

View Full Version : Old Article Pointing to Jockerty - Baker Rift

FireDusty
08-30-2011, 06:51 PM
http://redlegnation.com/2011/08/29/the-baker-jocketty-rift/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_reds

My Take: How much more proof does anyone need that Baker is sabatoging this team with his own agenda?

This goes way back to spring training.

His current priorities are borderline insubordination.

The owner, not Walt Jockerty, needs to step in a put an end to this NOW!

Dusty Baker loses on purpose when it fits his own personal agenda, and now that winning is not the top priority and the developement of the young players is, he's all about winning at all cost.

Pathetic. He should be fired for conduct detrimental to the organization. He should be fired for insubordination.

He is a cancer. He has already got himself so far inside the heads of the players that Walt & Bob fear an all out revolt from the players if he is fired.

Fire him and any player that wants to have an attitude toward a competent manager should be suspended indefinetly for conduct detrimental to the team.

The Reds need to take back this runaway train from Dusty Baker before the cancer spreads so far that it cannot be cut out.

It's go time now, not during the offseason, it's go time now. :thumbdown:

Stray
08-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Do you seriously believe some of the stuff that you post?

texasdave
08-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Is there a rift? Possibly.
Is there a power struggle? Possibly.
Is it the first time a manager and a GM failed to see eye-to-eye on issues? Nope.
Did Dusty lose on purpose? Nope.

These opinions were brought to you by the letter K and the number 9.

Vottomatic
08-30-2011, 07:40 PM
I'd fire Dusty just because he's stupid.

No Alonso tonight?

I was offered 4 tickets with a parking pass. When I heard Lewis and Cairo were playing and not Alonso, I passed on them.

I want to see the young guys. Not the retreads. Lewis won't even be here next year. Cairo is one of my favorites, but he's a utility guy.

This is ridiculous and the epitome of why Dusty should be replaced. What good does it do the Reds to go 82-80?

FireDusty
08-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Do you seriously believe some of the stuff that you post?

I'm just pissed as hell that we finally have enviable talent and a chance to put together a 7 to 10 year run of excellence and we are being delayed by this turd.

Every second that this abysmal failure manages this team is delaying the growth of this team.

By the time we get him outta here he may have blown a hole in the side of the ship that puts us so far behind that we can't dig out.

Epic failure.

Vottomatic
08-30-2011, 07:44 PM
What amazes me is that fans dismiss the idea that as good as this team played last year, they might have possibly underachieved. Same with this year. Maybe with a better manager, better lineups, better use of the talent, better management of the starting pitching and bullpen..........maybe this team is contending again.

Maybe last year they win 100 games with a good manager. Seriously.

I actually think he is holding this team back.

brm7675
08-30-2011, 07:48 PM
http://redlegnation.com/2011/08/29/the-baker-jocketty-rift/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_reds

My Take: How much more proof does anyone need that Baker is sabatoging this team with his own agenda?

How is Dusty sabatoging the team? He is putting out there the best lineup he believes in, we may not agree with that, but you can't believe he is trying to sabatog anything?

How?

Last I heard the owner likes Dusty.

Dusty Baker loses on purpose when it fits his own personal agenda, and now that winning is not the top priority and the developement of the young players is, he's all about winning at all cost.

Can you please list examples of when he lost on purpose?

Just a question...when Dusty is back next year will your head explode?:confused:

brm7675
08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm just pissed as hell that we finally have enviable talent and a chance to put together a 7 to 10 year run of excellence and we are being delayed by this turd.

Every second that this abysmal failure manages this team is delaying the growth of this team.

By the time we get him outta here he may have blown a hole in the side of the ship that puts us so far behind that we can't dig out.

Epic failure.

Just wondering how do you explain last year?

FireDusty
08-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Just wondering how do you explain last year?Nearly everyone on this board disagrees with you.

I explain last year as a year that the team won with dramatic comebacks that had absolutely nothing to do with the manager, not one single thing to do with Dusty Baker.

This year is last year without the miracle comebacks. Now that we are required to build a record in a more conventional way, the idiotic moves of this truly pathetic manager are being exposed.

Do you have any more lay up questions?

Do you really think all the walk off wins last year had anything to do with the master stradegy of Dusty Baker? If you do then I've got some swamp land I would like to sell you.

FireDusty
08-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Just a question...when Dusty is back next year will your head explode?:confused:

No.

I will *****, complain & lobby for his dismissal with vigor.

The day he is fired will be among my greatest memories as a Reds fan.

Ken Griffey Sr would be a great replacement in my opinion.

The DARK
08-30-2011, 10:52 PM
No.

So you're here to act as spokesperson for the rest of the board on an issue that already gets enough attention as is? You haven't posted a single constructive thing about any other Reds topic since coming to the board. It's annoying.

bounty37h
08-31-2011, 12:07 PM

Pathetic. He should be fired for conduct detrimental to the organization. He should be fired for insubordination.

He is a cancer. He has already got himself so far inside the heads of the players that Walt & Bob fear an all out revolt from the players if he is fired.

Fire him and any player that wants to have an attitude toward a competent manager should be suspended indefinetly for conduct detrimental to the team.

The Reds need to take back this runaway train from Dusty Baker before the cancer spreads so far that it cannot be cut out.

I quit reading after you accused someone else of having an agenda.

bounty37h
08-31-2011, 12:13 PM
What amazes me is that fans dismiss the idea that as good as this team played last year, they might have possibly underachieved. Same with this year. Maybe with a better manager, better lineups, better use of the talent, better management of the starting pitching and bullpen..........maybe this team is contending again.

Maybe last year they win 100 games with a good manager. Seriously.

I actually think he is holding this team back.

Many (most?) think they overachieved last year, weak left side last year and this year (esp when Rolens hurt), pitching was better, luck seemed to find us, thats why most baseball people didn't have us repeating last years performance, as they thought we overachieved and got some breaks. I cant say I dissagree. There is def talent around the field, but not a solid team by any means.

bounty37h
08-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Nearly everyone on this board disagrees with you.

I explain last year as a year that the team won with dramatic comebacks that had absolutely nothing to do with the manager, not one single thing to do with Dusty Baker.

This year is last year without the miracle comebacks. Now that we are required to build a record in a more conventional way, the idiotic moves of this truly pathetic manager are being exposed.

Do you really think all the walk off wins last year had anything to do with the master stradegy of Dusty Baker? If you do then I've got some swamp land I would like to sell you.

So, by your explanation, it is the teams fault since they did so much last year to win games and aren't doing it this year?

smixsell
08-31-2011, 01:43 PM

Epic failure.

Exactly right.

brm7675
08-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Nearly everyone on this board disagrees with you.

So you are saying we won the division last year do to the few walk off wins we had? Again I am not for having Dusty back next year, but a majority of your claims against him hold no water.

brm7675
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
No.

Please explain? What in the world leads you to believe that Sr. would make a good manager? Because he was a Red at one time and a for a while a bench coach? Exactly what managerial experience does he have?

brm7675
08-31-2011, 02:10 PM
While I think that Dusty deserves some blame, do you not think some blame should go on Walt and Brooke and even the players?

DocRed
08-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Everyone is to blame for this year....from the players, to the coaches, to the GM and the owner. Heck you can even argue the fans are to blame for not supporting the team more.

texasdave
08-31-2011, 02:25 PM
No, you can't argue the fans are to blame.

brm7675
08-31-2011, 02:35 PM
How many more fans do you think should have gone?

Vottomatic
08-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Everyone is to blame for this year....from the players, to the coaches, to the GM and the owner. Heck you can even argue the fans are to blame for not supporting the team more.

I blame the fan in section 308. It's all his fault.

AintlifeGrande
08-31-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm glad Fire Dusty at least brings some discussion to this often times stale board.

nux fan
08-31-2011, 02:59 PM
do you think the fans should cheer the promising star cairo

texasdave
08-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Cairo has own section of fans down along the third base line. About 15 young ladies. They call themselves Cairo's Cleopatras. Easy on the eyes.

nux fan
08-31-2011, 03:52 PM
how about hernandez' harem
renterias rooters
lewis' ladies

drowg14
08-31-2011, 03:56 PM
how about hernandez' harem
renterias rooters
lewis' ladies

Bronson's Babes?

texasdave
08-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Votto's Voluptuous Vixen.

nux fan
08-31-2011, 03:59 PM
heiseys hussies
stubbs senoritas
corderos cuties

texasdave
08-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Yonder's Yayas.

drowg14
08-31-2011, 04:05 PM
The Crusty Dustys.

defender
08-31-2011, 04:11 PM
To this date, Renteria has not played a single inning for the Reds at first or third base.

Proof of Baker trying to lose games? The author's premise, that Baker refused to have Renteria practice at 1st and 3rd because he wanted Renteria to be the starting SS, is not supported by facts. Janish was given the starting SS job, and there was never and indication by Baker that he wouldn't be. Since Janish was able to back up 3rd when needed, it did not matter that Reneria could not play 3rd.

brm7675
08-31-2011, 04:18 PM
I blame the fan in section 308. It's all his fault.

What? I was in that section..I rooted hard...:laugh:

FireDusty
09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
So you're here to act as spokesperson for the rest of the board on an issue that already gets enough attention as is? You haven't posted a single constructive thing about any other Reds topic since coming to the board. It's annoying.

You = Wrong

FireDusty
09-01-2011, 11:39 AM
So, by your explanation, it is the teams fault since they did so much last year to win games and aren't doing it this year?

Wow, you are so clever.

Maybe the dumbest comment since i've been here.

izzy's dad
09-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Kanye West told me that Dusty and George W. Bush were behind hurricane Katrina.

BurgervilleBuck
09-01-2011, 01:30 PM
These opinions were brought to you by the letter K and the number 9.
"Affirmative."

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/2344667574_298f9a99a1.jpg