PDA

View Full Version : PED's "he's been tested for years"

Roush's socks
09-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Why do people try to defend players like Pujols or Bautista by saying "they've been tested and they're clean." Don't you realize that all the cheaters like marion Jones in the Olympics, LA in Tour de France, Bonds, clemens, etc etc etc all went YEARS being tested and never were caught? Even to this day cyclists in the TDF are passing tests even though everyone knows they are still using PED's because their times have not come down from the LA era.

Also, some of you should consider that hiters are using stimulants, not just steroids/HGH. The use of amphetamines or "greenies" goes back to the 60's in baseball. Maybe there are synthetic stimulants that can't be tested.

R_Webb18
09-04-2011, 12:56 PM
why not defend if you have nothing to prove they do use them?

webbbj
09-04-2011, 01:13 PM
at the same token why accuse?

Also who f'n cares?

Roush's socks
09-04-2011, 02:29 PM
You don't think it matters whether Bautista is having a HISTORIC season because he "made adjustments to his swing" or found some type of PED which is largely responsible for his performance? I guess if you don't care you don't care. Let everyone cheat and the best cheater will win.

webbbj
09-04-2011, 02:34 PM
hows he cheating if he hasnt tested for anything? And if he's using HGH its baseball's fault for not testing for it and I would salute Bautista or any other player for taking advantage of baseball incompetence.

Roush's socks
09-04-2011, 02:53 PM
hows he cheating if he hasnt tested for anything? And if he's using HGH its baseball's fault for not testing for it and I would salute Bautista or any other player for taking advantage of baseball incompetence.

The whole point is that testing does not mean anything. THEY HAVE WAYS OF PASSING THE TESTS. Have you not followed any of the Floyd Landis debaucle? He has given away all kinds of secrets of how top athletes pass tests. These include blood transfusions which remove tainted blood, synthetic drugs, using during the offseason, "masking" drugs, being "tipped off" before surprise tests. You also have to consider that MLB has no incentive to report positive tests. That just hurts the league.

As far as there being no "proof" that Bautista is using, look at the last 15 years of baseball. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, you know the rest. 28 year old players with a lifetime .400 slugging average do not suddenly become Babe Ruth. It just doesn't happen. When you consider that nearly ALL of the players in the last 15 years with similar stas are now KNOWN to be users, that is pretty suspicious.

webbbj
09-04-2011, 05:09 PM
well put me in the camp of i could care less. if bautista comes out tomorrow and says "ive been pumping steroids in my body the last 3 years" I wouldnt think anything less of what he has done and would continue to root for him.

Also in the last 15 years there hasnt been a player that was basically out of the league to best player in the league so that argument is moot.

I can pump drew stubbs full of roids and hgh but unless he learns to change his approach and or swing he is still gonna strike out 200 times a year and bat .250. He may hit a few more HRs but his contact ratio will not increase.