PDA

View Full Version : 9.17.2011 Reds vs. Brewers

WVRedsFan
09-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Hate to see a game go by without a game thread so this is it:

Volquez pitched pretty well through 5 innings, but ended up allowing 5 runs in 6.1 innings (two of them after he left on a home run allowed by the relief corps).

Reds got two hits on the night - one by Alonso on a HR and another by Edgar Renteria.

TravisWood looked as good in relief as Fisher and Arrendondo looked bad.

Pretty frustrating game to watch if you're a Reds fan.

CTA513
09-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Stubbs tied Dunns team record of 195 K's in a season.

redsmetz
09-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Hate to see a game go by without a game thread so this is it:

Volquez pitched pretty well through 5 innings, but ended up allowing 5 runs in 6.1 innings (two of them after he left on a home run allowed by the relief corps).

Reds got two hits on the night - one by Alonso on a HR and another by Edgar Renteria.

TravisWood looked as good in relief as Fisher and Arrendondo looked bad.

Pretty frustrating game to watch if you're a Reds fan.

Just a horrible game and cemented by my wife & I making the mistake of going one step out the gate leaving, turning around realizing we wanted to go down more stairs and security stopping us and refusing to permit us to continue down to the escalator we were trying to reach. Made for an extremely unhappy night all around. Glad it's my last from my pack.

Ron Madden
09-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Boxscore.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_09_17_milmlb_cinmlb_1&mode=box&c_id=cin

Redhook
09-18-2011, 08:29 AM
Stubbs tied Dunns team record of 195 K's in a season.

It's hard to believe Dunn's record will not only be broken, but so shortly after he claimed it.

KittyDuran
09-18-2011, 10:09 AM
It was a good crowd for Johnny's night...

mth123
09-18-2011, 01:17 PM
It's hard to believe Dunn's record will not only be broken, but so shortly after he claimed it.

First Arroyo breaks Miton's HR Record and now Stubbs erases Dunn's Ks. Fitting that the Red's would end their home season of futility by breaking two of the most dubious records achieved in the lost decade against the team that went out in the off-season and showed the Reds how a front office makes a move to win while this team sat on its hands.

mbgrayson
09-18-2011, 02:10 PM
It was a good crowd for Johnny's night...

Attendance: 39,766