PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays pitching use shows Dusty needs to go

brm7675
09-19-2011, 03:41 PM
I had the chance to attend Saturday game (Johnny Bench Game) and sat there and watched as probably the poorest use of a pitching staff was on display. With EV on the mound and having pitched a pretty decent game after 6 innings with only 1 really bad pitch the Reds come out for the 7th inning with EV on the mound. I am screaming WTF, he is at 100 pitches and you have a small army out in the bullpen with all the callups and such and yet Dusty lets EV start the 7th. Well he doesn't make it out of the 7th and then he leaves Fisher in for so long that I thought it was Sunday by the time he calls out.....TRAVIS WOOD? Are you freakin kidding me? We know Cueto will miss his next start, we know Leake is shut down for the season so you bring in Travis Wood into a game by that point is a BLOW OUT. So on Sunday when Willis can't go, you can't use Wood cause he pitched 2 meaningless innings the night before.

People think our pitching needs improving in the offseason...I say BS, I say it's our manager and pitching coach that need to be replaced to make our pitching staff better. I have never been so PO'ed in my life while at a Reds game then I was Saturday night watching my Reds being managed by someone whose sole job should be asking people...."Do you want Fries with that"...:thumbdown:

Red Raindog
09-19-2011, 03:56 PM
I had the chance to attend Saturday game (Johnny Bench Game) and sat there and watched as probably the poorest use of a pitching staff was on display. With EV on the mound and having pitched a pretty decent game after 6 innings with only 1 really bad pitch the Reds come out for the 7th inning with EV on the mound. I am screaming WTF, he is at 100 pitches and you have a small army out in the bullpen with all the callups and such and yet Dusty lets EV start the 7th. Well he doesn't make it out of the 7th and then he leaves Fisher in for so long that I thought it was Sunday by the time he calls out.....TRAVIS WOOD? Are you freakin kidding me? We know Cueto will miss his next start, we know Leake is shut down for the season so you bring in Travis Wood into a game by that point is a BLOW OUT. So on Sunday when Willis can't go, you can't use Wood cause he pitched 2 meaningless innings the night before.

People think our pitching needs improving in the offseason...I say BS, I say it's our manager and pitching coach that need to be replaced to make our pitching staff better. I have never been so PO'ed in my life while at a Reds game then I was Saturday night watching my Reds being managed by someone whose sole job should be asking people...."Do you want Fries with that"...:thumbdown:

I just expect the strange anymore.

mroby85
09-19-2011, 04:00 PM
They still play on Saturdays? lol jk

texasdave
09-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Wood is the starting pitcher tonight.
Willis was scratched from his Sunday start with back spasms, and Matt Maloney filled in. Today, Willis was on the original lineup card posted in the Reds’ clubhouse. Annoucement of the change (to Wood) came at 3:47 p.m.

brm7675
09-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Wood is the starting pitcher tonight.

So after he pitches 2 innings on Saturday night in what some might consider "cool to cold" weather conditions he is now expected to start tonight. OMG I really would love someone to really question Bob on some of his choices...

AintlifeGrande
09-19-2011, 05:55 PM
It seems like the team has just given up on Rusty too.

brm7675
09-20-2011, 11:08 AM
wow Wood only goes 5 innings and 69 pitches..and he is not hurt...hmm wonder why?

Vottomatic
09-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Saturday's use of pitchers? How 'bout the entire season?