PDA

View Full Version : The X Factor

Mario-Rijo
09-23-2011, 02:00 PM
So....what did ya think? American Idol Red? That's basically it except I like that L.A. Reid is a part of this and along with Simon I feel they will do a good job cutting thru alot of the crap. These 2 know talent.

As far as the the 1st 2 shows I was encouraged by the talent they showed. Impressed by the (if you will) marquee acts they highlighted. I know there aren't alot of rap fans here but I like good heartfelt music and Chris Rene really struck a nerve with me, quite talented. I just hope he isn't a one trick pony, my gut says he has something good going there though.

The rest of the chaos was insane.

RBA
09-23-2011, 03:44 PM
The new female judge is annoying.

Where was security when the guy was exposing himself to a live audience with kids in attendance?

Redsfan320
09-23-2011, 05:21 PM
So....what did ya think? American Idol Red? That's basically it except I like that L.A. Reid is a part of this and along with Simon I feel they will do a good job cutting thru alot of the crap. These 2 know talent.

As far as the the 1st 2 shows I was encouraged by the talent they showed. Impressed by the (if you will) marquee acts they highlighted. I know there aren't alot of rap fans here but I like good heartfelt music and Chris Rene really struck a nerve with me, quite talented. I just hope he isn't a one trick pony, my gut says he has something good going there though.

The rest of the chaos was insane.

I've watched parts of the first two nights. Seems a lot like AI.

Oh, and the one woman.... black, had a few kids, was a waitress I think; really brought down the house, very talented.

Brutus
09-26-2011, 01:23 AM
Love the show. I like it better than American Idol because (the controversial producer plants aside), the contestants felt more 'real' as amateurs. American Idol has been known the last few years to allow some people in the competition that technically had already signed smaller recording contracts. While there's nothing stopping this show from doing the same, the people they've shown so far seem to be legit (except the over-the-top personalities staged for show).

I really like this show because of the format and having the different categories. I think that will keep some of the clique voting at bay, and give us legitimate finalists. It won't guarantee the rightful winner, but it's a start.

My only complaint with the auditions is that they're spending too much time on the ridiculous plants and not enough time showing the borderline singers that make it through their auditions. I'd like to see more time spent on all the others.

MikeThierry
09-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Love the show. I like it better than American Idol because (the controversial producer plants aside), the contestants felt more 'real' as amateurs. American Idol has been known the last few years to allow some people in the competition that technically had already signed smaller recording contracts. While there's nothing stopping this show from doing the same, the people they've shown so far seem to be legit (except the over-the-top personalities staged for show).

I really like this show because of the format and having the different categories. I think that will keep some of the clique voting at bay, and give us legitimate finalists. It won't guarantee the rightful winner, but it's a start.

My only complaint with the auditions is that they're spending too much time on the ridiculous plants and not enough time showing the borderline singers that make it through their auditions. I'd like to see more time spent on all the others.

Totally agree with you Brutus. The trend of AI accepting singers in the show that have signed minor contracts kind of turned me off that show. I think the judges are better in The X Factor and while the host is somewhat annoying with that British accent of his, at least he isn't Ryan Seacrest.

Dew4192
09-26-2011, 02:49 AM
The little girl that started off the show was good and had a great personality. The guy that exposed himself was hilarious b/c it made Paula puke!

-------------------
Reds4Life.com

Redhook
11-09-2011, 10:15 PM
This show is awesome. I'm really enjoying it each week. It's much better than American Idol in every way. And there's more talent in this show's pinky finger than there's been in the last 3 years of American Idol combined. I'm very, very impressed with the singers.

As of right now, my favorites are Josh, Rachel, and Melanie; however, Drew, Astro, LeRoy, and Stacy are all great as well.

fearofpopvol1
11-10-2011, 03:45 AM
I thought the show had good potential, but it suffers from some major problems IMO...

#1, The British host is terrible. He has almost no personality and he's a snoozefest. I'm far from a Seacrest fan...but at least he did a good enough job.

#2, Nicole is a putrid judge and mentor. Awful song choices, awful critiques, and says nearly the same thing to every contestant after they finish. She's incredibly dull.

#3, The biggest issue of all is that the show (sort of like The Voice) is more about the judges than the singers. How many times have you seen the judges criticize the contestants they've mentored? Never! I would have hoped at least Simon wouldn't have been a homer, but he is, even when his contestants aren't great and that is a major deal breaker. To me, this creates an unbalanced bias with the show that is hard to swallow. I loved Simon on Idol because he always spoke the truth. Now, he only speaks the truth if its not his contestant. #Fail

Maybe next year they will switch some things up, but I see these items as major disappointments.

Redhook
11-10-2011, 07:35 AM
I thought the show had good potential, but it suffers from some major problems IMO...

#1, The British host is terrible. He has almost no personality and he's a snoozefest. I'm far from a Seacrest fan...but at least he did a good enough job.

#2, Nicole is a putrid judge and mentor. Awful song choices, awful critiques, and says nearly the same thing to every contestant after they finish. She's incredibly dull.

#3, The biggest issue of all is that the show (sort of like The Voice) is more about the judges than the singers. How many times have you seen the judges criticize the contestants they've mentored? Never! I would have hoped at least Simon wouldn't have been a homer, but he is, even when his contestants aren't great and that is a major deal breaker. To me, this creates an unbalanced bias with the show that is hard to swallow. I loved Simon on Idol because he always spoke the truth. Now, he only speaks the truth if its not his contestant. #Fail

Maybe next year they will switch some things up, but I see these items as major disappointments.

I agree, the host is terrible, but he's rarely on so it's not a big deal to me. Why do they even need a host?

Nicole isn't great, that's for sure, but I don't think she's terrible either. She's average.

Your last point certainly has a lot of merit. I do like Simon better when he says exactly what he's thinking. That being said, there was hardly anything to critique negatively last night. Only a couple acts weren't spot on.

The judges certainly have some seriously big egos. I don't think the show is more about them, but I can see how you view it that way.

RBA
11-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Rachel Crow sang last night way beyond her years. Very impressive. Not a big fan of astro. But I guess some people are fans.

sent from HTC EVO

Brutus
11-14-2011, 05:38 PM

Steve Jones is definitely a bore. No disputing that whatsoever. I don't mind Nicole, however. She's neither here nor there for me.

Your third point is the most important, IMHO. My only major complaint for the show thus far is that they're spending more time judging the judges than judging the contestants. I hate it. I want to see their knowledge of the musical industry be utilized by critiquing the performers and letting them know what they're doing right or wrong, not taking jabs at each other for wardrobe, song choice, etc.

Mario-Rijo
12-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Rachel Crow sang last night way beyond her years. Very impressive. Not a big fan of astro. But I guess some people are fans.

sent from HTC EVO

That kid (Crow) has been the winner in my mind for quite some time. She sings very well, has tons of enthusiasm and charisma and is cute as a button. Even if she doesn't win this competition she is going places. I see her acting, just hope it doesn't ruin her.

As for the show I think there is some solid legit talent regardless who wins. Chris Rene was waning alot for me but he reminded last night why I liked him to begin with, it's his own style and his own songs. I've heard about 4 or 5 of his original songs now and I like them all.

Mario-Rijo
12-09-2011, 10:10 AM
That kid (Crow) has been the winner in my mind for quite some time. She sings very well, has tons of enthusiasm and charisma and is cute as a button. Even if she doesn't win this competition she is going places. I see her acting, just hope it doesn't ruin her.

As for the show I think there is some solid legit talent regardless who wins. Chris Rene was waning alot for me but he reminded last night why I liked him to begin with, it's his own style and his own songs. I've heard about 4 or 5 of his original songs now and I like them all.

Guess I spoke too soon. Shame that damn fool Scherzinger didn't have the backbone to call it the way everyone on that panel truly seen it. I realize the girl lost because of a lack of votes but I'm guessing that was one of those weeks where her fans got overconfident and didn't think she needed their votes to move on.

KoryMac5
12-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Nicole was awful can't believe they continue to send Marcus through when it is becoming clearer and clearer that the voters don't like him. He has now been in the bottom 2 three weeks in a row. Why even have these save me songs if the judges already have their minds made up. Crow outperformed Marcus this week and Drew outperformed him on the save me song last week, and none of it matters.

Some serious changes need to be made, fire the host, and get rid of Nicole. I was glad the audience booed her off the stage last night. She has been terrible, worse than Paula during her doped out AI days.

Redhook
12-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Nicole was awful can't believe they continue to send Marcus through when it is becoming clearer and clearer that the voters don't like him. He has now been in the bottom 2 three weeks in a row. Why even have these save me songs if the judges already have their minds made up. Crow outperformed Marcus this week and Drew outperformed him on the save me song last week, and none of it matters.

Some serious changes need to be made, fire the host, and get rid of Nicole. I was glad the audience booed her off the stage last night. She has been terrible, worse than Paula during her doped out AI days.

Well said. I lost all respect for Nicole last night.

On the flip side, I'm still amazed with Josh. What a voice! Only Melanie has a chance to take him down for the title.

Redhook
12-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Just watched tonight's episode. Josh's version of Hallelujah was ridiculously good. He's one of the most talented singers I've ever heard. I actually get goose bumps listening to him. I'm hoping he doesn't sell out after this show like Chris Daughtry. This guy doesn't need a band or anything to help him. If I was him, I'd tour with just a piano and a guitar.

Back to the normal contestants. Melanie should make the final with Josh. Chris, the dark horse, will barely miss out and Marcus may not receive any votes this week.

texasdave
12-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Never watched the show but I jumped onto youtube to check Josh out and he is quite talented. Personally, I would love to see him channel his inner Leslie West from Mountain and rock out to Mississippi Queen or Nantucket Sleighride or Theme from an imaginery western. I just picture him singing those in my head. He definitely has the pipes for it.

Chrietic
12-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Paula Abdul is pretty sweet.

RonDunn95
12-18-2011, 02:44 AM
Yeah, Josh is great and really talented.

KoryMac5
12-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Thought the finale was awful last night. The duets featured R Kelly with Melanie, Avril Levine with Chris, and Josh got Alanis Morisette. They were all so uncomfortable up there and it showed in the music.

There last songs than featured songs they had already sung previously on the show, so no elimate of surprise, which took away from their chance to raise up one last time. I would imagine Chris will get some backlash as they have pushed him the last few weeks. "Young Homie" really carried him through this show as I thought he was mediocre at best except for two weeks.

I predict Melanie wins tonight over Josh. Both can sing really well but they both need work as performers.

RBA
12-22-2011, 03:51 PM
I think Chris duet was the best and if they released it today it would make a lot of money. I was not a big fan of his, but I think he does have the "it" factor that will make him a successful recording artist. His music is not my cup of tea, but this is what the music buyers eat up. Josh doesn't seem to have the "it" factor, and Melanie is very good, but I don't think her fans will put her over the top. My pick, Chris win, Melanie 2nd, and Josh 3rd.

Chrietic
12-22-2011, 04:27 PM
The new female judge is annoying.

Where was security when the guy was exposing himself to a live audience with kids in attendance?

-.- yeah.