PDA

View Full Version : How hard would Dusty have been slamed

brm7675
09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Joe Madden puts a sub .175 hitter up to hit with the game on the line against the Yankees on Wed night and the kid does deliver, but how many here would have been all over Dusty had he say pinched hit Janish with the season on the line?

Stray
09-30-2011, 01:07 PM
It was a really weird move that didn't make any sense. When things are going your way those kinda things work.

texasdave
09-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Not many people know this but Lady Cleo's last name is Maddon. By the way, Madden is an ex-football coach turned TV analyst. BOOM!

nux fan
09-30-2011, 02:01 PM
johnson has power ,janish is like stubbs , useless

mroby85
09-30-2011, 02:04 PM
He also made an odd choice tonight, pitching a guy with one MLB start in game 1 of a playoff series. The guy wouldn't have even been eligible to be on the postseason roster if there wasn't an injury.

HalKing
09-30-2011, 02:28 PM
The Dan Johnson - Paul Janish comparison is without a doubt apples and oranges. Johnson has power(as was pointed out) and Maddon was without a doubt looking for someone that had the potential to jerk one out and tie the game. More important than that though, Johnson has history(with the Rays, in a pennant chase) of coming up clutch in huge moments. So in spite of his rather pathetic batting average, one could at least see the logic behind Maddon's move. If he had pinch hit Reid Brignac in that situation that would be apples to apples with Janish.

bounty37h
09-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Not many people know this but Lady Cleo's last name is Maddon. By the way, Madden is an ex-football coach turned TV analyst. BOOM!

I ahve had Madden on my death card for a few years, yet he is still tickin somehow. His heart has to hate him.

brm7675
09-30-2011, 02:31 PM

What power?

brm7675
09-30-2011, 02:31 PM
He also made an odd choice tonight, pitching a guy with one MLB start in game 1 of a playoff series. The guy wouldn't have even been eligible to be on the postseason roster if there wasn't an injury.

I didn't even want to go there...the Rays manager is a fooooooool :laugh::laugh::laugh:

HalKing
09-30-2011, 02:36 PM
What power?

Johnson has hit as many as 18 hrs in a major league season and hit 30 in AAA in 2010... so I think saying he has power is pretty reasonable

HalKing
09-30-2011, 02:38 PM
I didn't even want to go there...the Rays manager is a fooooooool :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Crazy like a fox... but he's no fool. To get what he got out of the roster he has is flat out amazing.

brm7675
09-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Johnson has hit as many as 18 hrs in a major league season and hit 30 in AAA in 2010... so I think saying he has power is pretty reasonable

Stubbs had like 30 I think last season for the Reds didn't he? But according to some he is a bum. Also those are in the past and as I have been told don't mean anything, what did Johnson do THIS year.....:confused:

brm7675
09-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Crazy like a fox... but he's no fool. To get what he got out of the roster he has is flat out amazing.

Or is he blessed with a very good top of the order pitching rotation, some good key players? Joe is a good manager, but the Rays are a very flawed team.

DocRed
09-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Or is he blessed with a very good top of the order pitching rotation, some good key players? Joe is a good manager, but the Rays are a very flawed team.

Very flawed team that won 91 games LOL. Ya OK every team is a 'flawed' team. The Phillies are a flawed team too..their pitchers can't hit a lick....come on....

brm7675
09-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Very flawed team that won 91 games LOL. Ya OK every team is a 'flawed' team. The Phillies are a flawed team too..their pitchers can't hit a lick....come on....

they are a very poor hitting team, and took a historic collapse by the Red Sox to get into the playoffs.

The Reds I think won like 91 games last year and were a flawed team don't you think?

HalKing
09-30-2011, 10:30 PM
I'd say after the performance by Moore in tonights game Maddon is looking more genius than fool. fer sure;)

Dew4192
10-01-2011, 02:16 AM
FIRE DUSTY!!!

smixsell
10-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Joe Madden puts a sub .175 hitter up to hit with the game on the line against the Yankees on Wed night and the kid does deliver, but how many here would have been all over Dusty had he say pinched hit Janish with the season on the line?

Aside from the other responses pointing out that the guy he brought up had demonstrated power in the past, The BIG difference is that the Rays manager actually KNOWS baseball and his moves actually WORK.

Krawhitham
10-01-2011, 07:00 PM

Stubbs has power

he also has a problem making contact

nux fan
10-01-2011, 07:18 PM
the original poster brm, in his infinite wisdom compared dusty pinch hitting janish to maddens pinch hitting johnson and I said there is no comparison, there is no body in baseball janish could pinch hit for

brm7675
10-03-2011, 07:39 PM
the original poster brm, in his infinite wisdom compared dusty pinch hitting janish to maddens pinch hitting johnson and I said there is no comparison, there is no body in baseball janish could pinch hit for

So you are okay having a sub .130 guy do you pinch hitting at the most crucial time of the season for your team?

nux fan
10-03-2011, 07:42 PM
again you myopic wizened arteriosclerotic, johnson has power janish has nothing, I would not pinch hit janish for a corpse

brm7675
10-03-2011, 07:44 PM
again you myopic wizened arteriosclerotic, johnson has power janish has nothing, I would not pinch hit janish for a corpse

Objective of a hitter is to get a hit, if he hits a homerun great, but his objective is to get a hit and the kid in TB couldn't hit the broad side of a barn this past season, so his chances of even making contact were less then Janish.

nux fan
10-03-2011, 07:50 PM
again you defend janish, perhaps you think janish is the next Ernie Banks, arguing with you is like agrguing with someone with early onset Alzheimers, here is a clue Janish cant hit, he makes Woody Woodward look like A Rod