PDA

View Full Version : Where is the anger at Bob?

brm7675
10-05-2011, 07:11 PM
People here want Dusty out, want Walt out, want Rolen and Stubbs and Bronson out. Well where is the distaste and anger at our owner? I mean when all is said and done isn't it HIS fault we are where we are? I mean if we had someone like say Mark Cuban as our owner do we really think money would be such an issue? I mean come on folks, we are where we are because Bob is cheap and not a baseball man....:thumbup:

nux fan
10-05-2011, 08:05 PM
bring back the chiquita man

R_Webb18
10-05-2011, 09:59 PM
well lets see all those players yo named bob thought they could do the job but they didnt. should he of done something soonner yes. but just b/c he didnt does not mean the players should not get blammed also b/c they had a terrible year.

Vottomatic
10-06-2011, 08:53 AM
I blame the players, the manager, the GM, and the owner. They all did a terrible job this past season.

lidspinner
10-06-2011, 09:13 AM
I gotta agree with BRM....Bob needs to step up and be a Reds fan instead of a business man....all this city needs is a few big seasons and a consistent winner and fans will make GABP look like the Phils, Cardinals and Brewers stadiums.....I dont see us being anywhere near the model of Tampa Bay....We would sell out every home game if we had a big time team consistently,no way do us fans want to settle for 1 year playoff then back to earth.....

Spend some money and go under for a few years, I am sure it would be made up rather quickly....I used to be a big time Dusty basher, but not anymore.....I think he can manage a winning club, he just needs better talent and more of it.....we need pitching and we need a few stud free agents....spend the dam money and watch us fill that stadium up

brm7675
10-06-2011, 11:07 AM
bring back the chiquita man

Huh?

nux fan
10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
chiquite = carl lindner, why dont you read the newspaper occasionally

brm7675
10-06-2011, 12:24 PM
chiquite = carl lindner, why dont you read the newspaper occasionally

Linder was an idiot...why would you want him back? His only concern was the bottom line, he could have cared less if the team won or lost. I would have rather have Marge back (if she was alive) at least she cared about winning on the major league level...:thumbup:

Stray
10-06-2011, 04:10 PM
It's funny. I was reading Lance's blog the other day and someone had wrote in about the Bengals are hammered in this town and the Reds aren't even though they've both been equally bad for a while.

It's true though. The difference in Bob and Mike Brown seems enormous. I get the feeling that Bob genuinely wants to win, and he's brought in proven minds to help him. Whether or not Dusty and Walt are doing a good job is another argument, but you can't argue their track record. With Mike I think he wants to win, but he's really stubborn and set in his ways.

So yeah, I'm happy with Bob. I'd love it if we could fill the stadium up a little bit more so he could throw some more money around.