PDA

View Full Version : Playoff stuff

texasdave
10-13-2011, 07:23 PM
How much money has CJ Wilson cost himself with his abysmal playoff performance to date?

15.2 IP 21 H 16 R 14 ER 8 BB 17 K 6 HR.

R_Webb18
10-13-2011, 07:38 PM
wilson?

texasdave
10-13-2011, 08:10 PM
wilson?

Ooops. I mixed up CJ Wilson with Colby Lewis. Thanks.

nux fan
10-15-2011, 12:57 AM
you mean the great catcher Dan Wilson and the great infielder Mark Lewis

R_Webb18
10-15-2011, 01:29 PM
tbh i don't think he has cost himself anything if he can pitch he will be payed

Vottomatic
10-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Cardinals and Brewers making it this far might have cost Bob C some fans since his GM did nothing and the team regressed.

Maker_84
10-16-2011, 09:18 PM
watching the Cardinals and Brewers play just reassures me of just how far away the Reds really are from being relevant.

Vottomatic
10-16-2011, 09:23 PM
watching the Cardinals and Brewers play just reassures me of just how far away the Reds really are from being relevant.

Uh no. You missed the point.

Both those teams made moves to put them in the playoffs. The Reds stood pat last offseason and at the trade deadline.

The Reds have more to trade than either of those two teams. If Reds management were WILLING to pull the trigger, the Reds base nucleus is easily as good as the Brewers and Cardinals.

The Rage
10-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Uh no. You missed the point.

Both those teams made moves to put them in the playoffs. The Reds stood pat last offseason and at the trade deadline.

The Reds have more to trade than either of those two teams. If Reds management were WILLING to pull the trigger, the Reds base nucleus is easily as good as the Brewers and Cardinals.

Factually, wrong. The Cards didn't do much more than the Reds. We signed retread Renteria, they signed retread Berkman.

The truth is, even with "moves" the Reds were going to have problems. Way to much regression and lack of acceleration among the flock. I don't get the hype of the 2011 Reds. They a were, what they were team. Underachievers with alot of guys in the 24-28 age group looking for some consistancy. Not unsurprising or revolutionary.

The Brewers were down to their last out and had to make some moves. I suspect both will be lesser teams next year.

Vottomatic
10-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Cards are one of the worst playoff teams I've seen in awhile. But gee, what's new. Sucks when a team full of losers makes it this far.

Mr Larkin
10-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Cards are one of the worst playoff teams I've seen in awhile. But gee, what's new. Sucks when a team full of losers makes it this far.

Kind of hard to call them losers when they keep winning. Never liked them either, but they are winning and Reds fans are whining. I'd rather be winning any day. Maybe our Reds will get to that point some day.

Vottomatic
10-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Kind of hard to call them losers when they keep winning. Never liked them either, but they are winning and Reds fans are whining. I'd rather be winning any day. Maybe our Reds will get to that point some day.

Losers in terms of populating the human race. Obviously winners on the ballfield.

Guys like Larussa, Carpenter, and Molina are poor representatives of sportsmanship and decency.

Old NDN
10-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Congrats to the Cards for making an improbable run to get to the World Series. I'm not a fan of Carpenter either, but he exemplifies what an ace truly is on the mound.... winning the biggest games in pressure situations. Tony Tightpants drives me nuts with all his "over managing", but he seems to be making all the right moves at this point. I have to admit though, most of my disdain for the Cards is born out of jealousy for what they've accomplished this season, and not because of the apparent jerks that Carpenter, TLR, or Molina may be. I'm sure most Cards fans feel the same way about BP, Cueto, and Dusty. The Cards are where the Reds SHOULD/COULD have been,IMO. With a little more production from our beloved GM, manager, and players, it was possible. The Cards are proof of that.

cw0802
10-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Losers in terms of populating the human race. Obviously winners on the ballfield.

Guys like Larussa, Carpenter, and Molina are poor representatives of sportsmanship and decency.

Ok...gotta ask. I understand LaRussa and Carpenter. But Molina? Why? Because he chose to not be all buddy buddy with BP after being called a "whiney little b***h"? That's not being a poor sport.

bigredmechanism
10-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Ok...gotta ask. I understand LaRussa and Carpenter. But Molina? Why? Because he chose to not be all buddy buddy with BP after being called a "whiney little b***h"? That's not being a poor sport.

I hate him because he always seems to get big hits off of the Reds bullpen.:)