PDA

View Full Version : Hat's off to the Cards, especially Mr LaRussa

smixsell
10-18-2011, 02:51 PM
They have AGAIN shown what a manager and pitching coach with a plan (and who insist on sound fundamental baseball from all of their players) can do. You can take even a very average team to the World Series, and possibly win it. Imagine the Reds with a manager and coaching staff who know what they are doing.

(what the heck is that apotrophe doing in Hats? I need more caffeine! LOL!)

nux fan
10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
yeah but the reds have dusty thats all that matters, and his fine instinct for the game

jwmann2
10-19-2011, 10:27 PM
La Russa's come around once every 50 years. He is 3rd in all time wins for managers. That is elite. Dusty is a great manager. Our pitching screwed us this year. How many games did we lose by only one run? That's pitching my friend. Blame the front office, not Dusty.

redsrolen
10-19-2011, 10:47 PM
The part I really like about the Cardinals going to the WS, is it should humiliate the Reds!! Coming from over 10 back while the Reds were pathetic from top to bottom. If I hear arrogant 'Walt' or 'Bob' say they made an effort to obtain some players while they sit on their 'a---' & do nothing, I'll hurl! They both got showed up big time, the Cardinals made them look like fools!! Hat's off to the Cards, you went out & obtained some players & made the statement "this is just for this yr., to get to the playoffs!" Now 'Bob' & 'Walt,' you have all winter to think about your 'Reds' being in the same division with the best 2 teams in the NL!!!!!:D

R_Webb18
10-19-2011, 10:50 PM
The part I really like about the Cardinals going to the WS, is it should humiliate the Reds!! Coming from over 10 back while the Reds were pathetic from top to bottom. If I here arrogant 'Walt' or 'Bob' say they made an effort to obtain some players while they sit on their 'a---' & do nothing, I'll hurl! They both got showed up big time, the Cardinals made them look like fools!! Hat's off to the Cards, you went out & obtained some players & made the statement "this is just for this yr., to get to the playoffs!" Now 'Bob' & 'Walt,' you have all winter to think about your 'Reds' being in the same division with the best 2 teams in the NL!!!!!:D

hope u are 10

Jr's Boy
10-20-2011, 01:43 AM
I'm sick of all the Cardinal trolling on RZ.

arkimadee
10-20-2011, 03:03 AM
this is my first post in a long time. It's been a long summer and seeing the Cards in the world series makes me sick to my stomach. Everything thing about them makes me want to hurl. The fact that the Reds quit and the Cards didn't makes me sick. The fact that Arthur Rhodes is pitching for the Cards in the World Series makes me sick. The fact that Berkman is having a career renaissance and is in the world series in St. Louis makes me sick. The fact that Carpenter is winning all these damn postseason games makes me sick. The fact that the Cards did everything better than the Reds this year, while true, makes me sick. All they do is whine and cry like I'm doing right now. I HATE THEM! It was our time damnit and we let them take all the momentum and keep this group of jack wagons together probably for another 3 or 4 years to come. Did I mention they make me sick.

brm7675
10-20-2011, 01:01 PM
I am just waiting to see how many Reds fans heads explode when the Cards win the series.

bounty37h
10-20-2011, 02:05 PM
I barely knew they are in the series and that it had started to be honest with you; I quit paying attention a few weeks ago, watched some of the Tigers games but thats it. Didn't even know the series had started the other day, and still don't care.

Krawhitham
10-20-2011, 05:13 PM
La Russa's come around once every 50 years. He is 3rd in all time wins for managers. That is elite.

And the 2nd most loses in history, that is elite too

Where would he be without his Steroid players?

Krawhitham
10-20-2011, 05:15 PM
I am just waiting to see how many Reds fans heads explode when the Cards win the series.

I can live with them winning if Carpenter blows out his arm while doing it

brm7675
10-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Not only will they win in 5...Carpenter will probably walk away as series MVP and even more Reds fans heads will explode....:D

Mark T
10-20-2011, 08:07 PM
I have great respect for the organization, not because I want to, but because I have to. They know how to win. When they need a player, they go get a player. When a player under-performs, he does not play. If a player looks like a flash in the pan, they trade him. They have two weapons, Carpenter and Puljos, and build around them.

They are smart. I am a Reds fan. But I cannot deny reality.

nux fan
10-20-2011, 08:19 PM
the reds are a farce and a joke compared with the cards, jocketty would be embarrassed as to how passive he is

texasdave
10-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Jaime Garcia looks like an elbow injury waiting to happen.

AintlifeGrande
10-21-2011, 01:56 AM
They showed Mcguire's steroid mug in the dugout.I thought,he's sitting in a ML dugout drawing a check,while Barry Bonds was run out on a rail.

redsrolen
10-21-2011, 11:01 AM
the reds are a farce and a joke compared with the cards, jocketty would be embarrassed as to how passive he is

I have great respect for the organization, not because I want to, but because I have to. They know how to win. When they need a player, they go get a player. When a player under-performs, he does not play. If a player looks like a flash in the pan, they trade him. They have two weapons, Carpenter and Puljos, and build around them.

They are smart. I am a Reds fan. But I cannot deny reality.

Exactly!! Can you even imagine Larussa hanging on to a 'J. Gomes' or putting 'Stubbs' in leadoff ( or even keeping the strikeout king in the lineup)!! Tony would never watch junk pitchers give up a bunch of runs over & over like Dusty does!! Let alone keep those pathetic pitchers in the lineup... Larussa makes Dusty look like a joke!! Hey, I don't like Larussa as a person but he's not trying to win a popularity contest with his players, like Dusty does, he's just trying to win championships!!!

Helms1
10-21-2011, 11:06 AM
2 great games in my opinion. Good baseball to watch. Every pitch and action has a heightened consequence so you watch every moment unless you are getting a beer. That said, the Rangers are a better team and will win.

brm7675
10-21-2011, 12:00 PM

Why do you say Jocketty is passive?

redram
10-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Not only will they win in 5...Carpenter will probably walk away as series MVP and even more Reds fans heads will explode....:D

Yea Right, they are going to sweep Texas in Texas? How much you want to put on that. I will give you 100 to one odds. I can't wait till I see Josh Hamilton celebrating their Series Win in St. Louis. That will make this worth while.

Vottomatic
10-22-2011, 05:29 PM
It always sucks when the teams you absolutely despise win it all. The Steelers come to mind. Or the Lakers. Add the Cardinals possibly to that list.

10xWSChamps
10-23-2011, 02:55 AM
Vottomatic, I'm curious if you'll ever remove my quote from your sig. Doesn't really bother me, just asking.

I've been lurking around here and don't want to gloat or seem like a troll so you won't see many posts from me here until the Series is over. Just want Reds fans to know I'm still alive and lurking, I know you were all worried ;)

P.S. Go Cards!

Vottomatic
10-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Hard to watch Larussa possibly win another. Manager of the steroid era. From Oakland with Canseco and McGwire, to McGwire going to St. Louis and setting HR records while on the juice, to possibly Pujols juicing it up earlier in his career to build that body. Makes you wonder how many other players were on it, how much Larussa knew or knows, and if it's still going on. Wainwright will probably make some miraculous recovery and Duncan oversees his HGH regime' along with the masking agents to hide it.

Seriously, Larussa has had alot of great players under him. Just how great were they really? And how much did steroids play in it?

We will never know. That's why I hate the guy. Definitely a cheater in my book.

Jealous? Sour Grapes? Definitely. But it's tough to know your team is doing it right and watching others cheat their way to the top.

Griffey - Bonds? Who do you have more respect for?

Vottomatic
10-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Vottomatic, I'm curious if you'll ever remove my quote from your sig. Doesn't really bother me, just asking.

I've been lurking around here and don't want to gloat or seem like a troll so you won't see many posts from me here until the Series is over. Just want Reds fans to know I'm still alive and lurking, I know you were all worried ;)

P.S. Go Cards!

Obviously it does bother you because you asked.

You are lurking around because you do want to gloat.

Reds haven't played a game in October, but you find it necessary to post on a Reds board. Are there no Texas Rangers message boards?

Vottomatic
10-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Texas manager allowing Ogandu to pitch to Pujols was probably one of the dumber things I've seen. Made me wonder how much Washington (manager) bet on the game for St. Louis to win.

Bothers me to no end when I can see what is coming but a manager can't. Ogandu allows first two batters to get on and clearly doesn't have it. But gee, let's let him pitch to Pujols.

Beyond dumb.

redsrolen
10-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Hard to watch Larussa possibly win another. Manager of the steroid era. From Oakland with Canseco and McGwire, to McGwire going to St. Louis and setting HR records while on the juice, to possibly Pujols juicing it up earlier in his career to build that body. Makes you wonder how many other players were on it, how much Larussa knew or knows, and if it's still going on. Wainwright will probably make some miraculous recovery and Duncan oversees his HGH regime' along with the masking agents to hide it.

Seriously, Larussa has had alot of great players under him. Just how great were they really? And how much did steroids play in it?

Jealous? Sour Grapes? Definitely. But it's tough to know your team is doing it right and watching others cheat their way to the top.

You seiously don't think Larussa was the only mgr that had players that juiced, because we know their are many from other teams that did. Were all those managers involved, because I'm sure they were in every locker room... Did you witness Albert shoot steroids, because we know he isn't using now & he just set a WS record last night. The fact is, absolutely no one works harder than Albert and does more for others. I dislike Larussa more than any mgr. But he's a master at it! How do you think they got to the WS?

Vottomatic
10-23-2011, 02:19 PM
You seiously don't think Larussa was the only mgr that had players that juiced, because we know their are many from other teams that did.

Yeah, he was the only one. (sarcasm). He may have been the most prominent considering he had the big time 'roid boys on his Oakland teams, McGwire and Canseco.

Did you witness Albert shoot steroids, because we know he isn't using now & he just set a WS record last night.

Scrawny kid grows into a guy that size definitely puts the question in my mind.

The fact is, absolutely no one works harder than Albert and does more for others. I dislike Larussa more than any mgr. But he's a master at it! How do you think they got to the WS?

Albert works harder at it than anyone? Give me a break.

And Larussa is possibly the biggest jerk in mlb. If he wanted to be Cincinnati's manager, I wouldn't want him. I think he turned his eyes the other way back in the 90's and early 2000's, surely knowing so many of his players were juicing, and he didn't care. He only cares about himself and has surely sacrificed his integrity to get wins and championships.

Simply my opinion. Cry about my OPINION if you must.

Cardinal_Fan
10-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Votto I'm pretty sure Baker did the same thing. You want him fired too? Although there are many other (perhaps valid -- I'm not really sure) reasons you might want him fired...

texasdave
10-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Baker had Baroid. Obviously he, at least tacitly, approved.

webbbj
10-23-2011, 08:57 PM

WOWWOW, really? Oh Bonds BTW the greatest ever.

HUHUH
10-24-2011, 02:04 PM
And the 2nd most loses in history, that is elite too

Where would he be without his Steroid players?

Thank you Krawhitham for bringing this to the fore. Let's see: Oakland A's of the late 80's (the bash brothers), Mark McGuire's homerun chase in St. Louis. All happened on Tony L's watch. Why aren't his feet ever put to the fire by the media for this? At a minimum he turned his head. More likely he enabled or even was involved in the PED's. And what about Duncan, so notorious for "turning around pitchers"? Think back to Dave Stewart and Eckersley. Now Carpenter et.al. Could it be that Duncan's magic has something to do with illicit drugs? I remember the Dave Stewart scowl, similar to Carpenter's odd behavior. And typically pitchers on PED's aren't buffing up, but using them for endurance.
I'm convinced (albeit have no evidence). LaRussa and Duncan enable and lead a band of PED users, and have for a couple of decades.

And oh yeah: The other team in the World Series this year? Any connection to PED's there? Guess the moral of the story is that it pays off in the end.

Helms1
10-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Votto I'm pretty sure Baker did the same thing. You want him fired too?

Not Votto, but yes, I want him fired asap. Thanks for asking. And I'll bet a good amount of money THEY ALL KNEW about the juicing, and did nothing.

Cardinal_Fan
10-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I think that's a fair position. My problem is that the cheating was so ubiquitous you would have to go after virtually everyone involved in that era. And, it's not like "cheating" or "enhancing your abilities" is new to baseball.

Then again, I also don't think Pete Rose should be excluded from the HOF.

Duncan is pretty much a ground ball kinda guy. That's what his pitchers do. I'm not sure how juicing is going to help them...throw faster? I don't see that? Heal quicker? I'm not sure about that either. Steroids were clearly a problem in baseball, but it's unfair to just go after a couple of guys if that's how you feel. Go after everyone (including people associated with your team as well).

FireDusty
10-24-2011, 08:19 PM
La Russa's come around once every 50 years. He is 3rd in all time wins for managers. That is elite. Dusty is a great manager. Our pitching screwed us this year. How many games did we lose by only one run? That's pitching my friend. Blame the front office, not Dusty.Wrong.

At least have the balls to call your self by your real name Dusty.

You suck as a manager & every fan base you have left knows it.

You suuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkkk. (In Ron White voice)

jhiller21
10-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Tony trying to keep his genius locked inside his head after a terrible decision

http://i.imgur.com/OYnzm.gif

smixsell
10-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Tony trying to keep his genius locked inside his head after a terrible decision

http://i.imgur.com/OYnzm.gif

My wife and I just LOVED this scene last night. We almost died laughing. Thanks for letting me re-live the joy jhill! :)

PS I'd still have him here in place of Uncle Rusty in a HEARTBEAT!

texasdave
10-26-2011, 11:30 PM
This rainout probably means Carpenter comes back for a Game Seven if it gets that far. Would you rather pitch Lohse on extra rest or Carpenter on three days rest? Seems like an easy choice to me. Or maybe they skip Lohse and go with Jackson. Of the three I would run Carpenter back out for a Game Seven.

smixsell
10-27-2011, 04:55 PM
I'd put the ball in Carpenter's hand for game 7 any day. But I think (or at least hope) the series ends tonight.:)

texasdave
10-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Carp gives up 2 in the first. Texas may have to make that stand up. At least they jumped on him early.

nux fan
10-28-2011, 11:08 PM
the difference between the cards and the pathetic "brain trust" of the reds as wider than a mega chasm

texasdave
10-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Carp gives up 2 in the first. Texas may have to make that stand up. At least they jumped on him early.

They didn't.

Maker_84
10-28-2011, 11:35 PM
no way this Reds team can compete against the Cards next season.

texasdave
10-28-2011, 11:44 PM
no way this Reds team can compete against the Cards next season.

They add an ace in Wainwright for nothing. Jocketty better have a trick or two up his sleeve this winter.

Stray
10-28-2011, 11:49 PM
2 years in a row a smoking hot team crept into the playoffs and won the whole thing. Not always who is the best, but when you are your best.

Hate it that they won for obvious reasons, but they deserve it. They played some amazing baseball and showed a ton of heart. Regardless of the outcome, that was a really enjoyable WS to watch.

FireDusty
10-28-2011, 11:52 PM
They have AGAIN shown what a manager and pitching coach with a plan (and who insist on sound fundamental baseball from all of their players) can do. You can take even a very average team to the World Series, and possibly win it. Imagine the Reds with a manager and coaching staff who know what they are doing.

(what the heck is that apotrophe doing in Hats? I need more caffeine! LOL!)

We have more all around talent throught the system. What we don't have is a manager at the major league level.

Maker_84
10-28-2011, 11:52 PM
2 years in a row a smoking hot team crept into the playoffs and won the whole thing. Not always who is the best, but when you are your best.

Hate it that they won for obvious reasons, but they deserve it. They played some amazing baseball and showed a ton of heart. Regardless of the outcome, that was a really enjoyable WS to watch.

Cards were hot but they were also very good. Had their issues in the bullpen sorted out and they were off. Always had timely hitting and good starting pitching which the Reds had nothing of either

10xWSChamps
10-29-2011, 03:44 AM
Is there any way to change your user name on this board?

lidspinner
10-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Is there any way to change your user name on this board?

yep, just cancel your membership and give the mods time to ban your new name!!!!!! j/k, you guys deserve it, I hate every Cardinal player except a few, but you guys played like Champions and I truly wish our Reds would learn a little from what we have seen these last few years in the playoffs....Cardinals did it the right way and the fact that they did not buy their title makes it that much better.

The Rage
10-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Sorry, but the Cardinals are a fluke and why the Wild Card needs a harder road in the playoffs.

You play 162 games and then treated like crap, even though you won your divison. At least the Giants could say that.

Baseball is a invisible sport. Only the diehards like it. Teams like the Cardinals are a reason why.

texasdave
10-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Wait until they add another wildcard and the fifth best team over the 162-game schedule wins it all. It's coming.

malcontent
10-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Hats off also to Ron Washington, who handed it to them.

You don't have Mike Adams walk Pujols to get to Berkman.

That was the Series right there, IMO.

R_Webb18
10-29-2011, 01:01 PM

or when you have baseloaded in 4th and let your pitcher bat

Cardinal_Fan
10-29-2011, 01:03 PM
I don't want to start a fight. But the wildcard isn't the worst thing in the world. After all the Cardinals lost to the wildcard Red Sox, who had home field advantage in 2004. But more importantly, if Philly was the best team they should've been able to beat the wildcard. If Milwaukee was the best team, they should've been able to beat the wildcard. Same for Texas. St Louis had the hardest road through, two road series (first against the best team in baseball).

I guess I just don't think you can say it's unfair. Instead of Philly playing a "very good" team in the first round, they played the wildcard. Unfortunately, they couldn't handle us.

Ron Washington helped out that's for sure, but TLR/Holliday pitched in. And the strike zone (on both sides in different games) was atrocious. They need to consider automating it.

texasdave
10-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Milwaukee proved it was the better team over 162. St. Louis proved it was the hotter team. That's all. Or I guess six months and 162 games doesn't mean anything anymore?

Cardinal_Fan
10-29-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't think you can say MIL proved it was better in the regular season since they were 500 against the Cardinals. But I guess my point is that the regular season does mean something, it means that the Brewers had a spot in the playoffs. The Cardinals had to go into a dog fight (well it was kind of one-sided) against the Braves. We had to use Carp at the end of the season, we got no time to take a break. We then had to play the team with the most wins in the league away, then the Brewers again away.

I guess I'll defend the wildcard to the end (always have). If a team is really the better team they should be able to win, there's no question.

malcontent
10-29-2011, 01:52 PM
or when you have baseloaded in 4th and let your pitcher bat
Exactly.

And WTF is it with Washington, acting like a 4-year-old that has to get to the bathroom?

Just embarrassing.

texasdave
10-29-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't think you can say MIL proved it was better in the regular season since they were 500 against the Cardinals. But I guess my point is that the regular season does mean something, it means that the Brewers had a spot in the playoffs. The Cardinals had to go into a dog fight (well it was kind of one-sided) against the Braves. We had to use Carp at the end of the season, we got no time to take a break. We then had to play the team with the most wins in the league away, then the Brewers again away.

I guess I'll defend the wildcard to the end (always have). If a team is really the better team they should be able to win, there's no question.

Blah, blah, blah. They won 96. St. Louis won 90. End of story. Geez. Milwaukee was the better team. So a five-game or a seven-game series determines who the better team is. But 162 games doesn't. Ridiculous.

Cardinal_Fan
10-29-2011, 03:45 PM
How is the season a better benchmark than a 7 game series (with both teams basically at full strength). Interleague schedules are different. Home/away #'s v. other divisions are different. Teams play other teams at different times. It seems to me like 96 v/s 90 could be construed as effectively the same thing (if you assume you are trying to measure how good a team is ... ie there is some uncertainty around how good they actually are).

A seven game series against a team with home field advantage? Even a 5-game? I just don't know how people think that doesn't decide the better team.

Like I said, I like the wildcard. Even if it bites me in the butt (see 2004).

texasdave
10-29-2011, 03:49 PM
How is the season a better benchmark than a 7 game series (with both teams basically at full strength). Interleague schedules are different. Home/away #'s v. other divisions are different. Teams play other teams at different times. It seems to me like 96 v/s 90 could be construed as effectively the same thing (if you assume you are trying to measure how good a team is ... ie there is some uncertainty around how good they actually are).

A seven game series against a team with home field advantage? Even a 5-game? I just don't know how people think that doesn't decide the better team.

Like I said, I like the wildcard. Even if it bites me in the butt (see 2004).

You are right. What was I thinking? A six-month, 162-game grind definitely is not as good of a barometer as a 5 or 7 game series. That's why the 162-game schedule determines the division champion. And they reward the division champion with home-field advantage. Whatever. They should give the Cy Young award to the pitcher who had the best month of September instead of the best season. They should give the MVP award to the player who had the best September instead of the best season. See how dumb that sounds?

Razzle
10-29-2011, 06:01 PM
You are right. What was I thinking? A six-month, 162-game grind definitely is not as good of a barometer as a 5 or 7 game series. That's why the 162-game schedule determines the division champion. And they reward the division champion with home-field advantage. Whatever. They should give the Cy Young award to the pitcher who had the best month of September instead of the best season. They should give the MVP award to the player who had the best September instead of the best season. See how dumb that sounds?
What also sounds dumb is giving the World Series to the team with the best record after 162 games, which it appears you are intimating. While it would often times tell you who the best team was it would be the most boring system ever.

nux fan
10-29-2011, 06:29 PM
washington is almost as dumb as baker

10xWSChamps
10-30-2011, 03:07 AM
Baseball, like life, isn't always fair.

The team with the best record in baseball doesn't always win. The Cardinals beat the teams with the top two records in baseball. It beat the team that won it's division. A record come back, two series went to the last game, came back a record 5 times in game 6 of the WS when Texas got the lead, came back from 10.5 down in late August, 8.5 September 1st. Lost our ace in spring training and everyone instantly wrote us off. 999 to 1 odds to win the World Series on September 1st.

I think you can say a lot of things about the wild card or home field advantage being decided, but you just can't say that the Cardinals didn't earn it or deserve it.

I don't think the wild card is a bad thing at all, but home field advantage being decided by the all star game is stupid. IF they are going to continue that they should take away fan voting and have managers decide the lineups, but fan voting is too good of a PR thing for the MLB. Going back to the alternating every year would be stupid too. I'm not sure that total wins is completely fair either, considering there's a good chance neither world series team played each other in the regular season and that comparing records between leagues won't be equal either.

The Cardinals had the best record in baseball in 2004 and got beat by the wild card Red Sox in the World Series.

The Cardinals had the best record in baseball in 2005 and lost to the wild card Houston Astros.

The Cardinals had the worst record of any playoff team in 2006 and beat the wild card Tigers in the playoffs.

The Cardinals were the wild card team this year, beat the team with the two best records in the NL and the second best record in the AL.

Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Most often, the team that is the best in the regular season does not win. It's just a mechanics of playoff baseball, it's all about being the hot team. It doesn't have anything to do with the wild card really.

It was a hell of a run. I got to go to game 6, was outside Busch with the girlfriend for game 7 and got in in the ninth inning (Scalpers were still charging 250 apiece for standing room only tickets during the game!)

10xWSChamps
10-30-2011, 03:18 AM
yep, just cancel your membership and give the mods time to ban your new name!!!!!! j/k, you guys deserve it, I hate every Cardinal player except a few, but you guys played like Champions and I truly wish our Reds would learn a little from what we have seen these last few years in the playoffs....Cardinals did it the right way and the fact that they did not buy their title makes it that much better.

Thank you :)

I only posted here once during the entire playoffs, not looking to troll at all here.

I must admit however, that I did find a nice bit of schadenfreude with Brandon Phillips' tweet that he wouldn't be watching ESPN or the MLB Network for a week! :thumbup:

Phillips seems like a nice enough guy though. Nyger Morgan however is a gigantic moron. I was hoping he'd tweet something but he didn't. Guy is just a sore loser

texasdave
10-30-2011, 10:23 AM
What also sounds dumb is giving the World Series to the team with the best record after 162 games, which it appears you are intimating. While it would often times tell you who the best team was it would be the most boring system ever.

I certainly was not in any way shape or form intimating that. You seem to have problems with reading comprehension, logic and deductive reasoning. You accused me of intimating something once before about Albert Pujols which I never did. It would seem obvious that with two leagues you can't simply give the World Series to one team. But I am sure you knew that already. And if eight teams in the playoffs are less boring than two; hell let's let them all in. Good times for all. Also, shouldn't the World Champions be the best team? Lastly, baseball let the team with the best record in each league battle it out in the World Series for the better part of a century. How stupid were they?

puljos05
10-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Very good series!!!!

smixsell
10-30-2011, 11:38 AM

Spot on. Absolutely moronic. Almost "Baker-esque" in fact.

Cardinal_Fan
10-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I should definitely hope that Washington learned a few things from this game. For instance, TLR's insistence on defensive subs in the 8th/9th has always annoyed me, but watching Cruz not catch that ball, it became clear that if TLR or another well-seasoned manager was out there TX probably wins.

That's why I'll take TLR. His whining can get annoying, but he wins.

cw0802
10-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Sorry, but the Cardinals are a fluke and why the Wild Card needs a harder road in the playoffs.

You play 162 games and then treated like crap, even though you won your divison. At least the Giants could say that.

Baseball is a invisible sport. Only the diehards like it. Teams like the Cardinals are a reason why.

How could the road in the playoffs gotten any more difficult? Philly away and Brewers away? The alternative would have been going to Arizona. EVeryone and their brother thought the Phillies were going to go through St. Louis like a buzzsaw, but they didn't.

Nobody wants to give St. Louis credit by saying "the Rangers handed it to them". Open your eyes. St. Louis WON it. They BEAT Philly, they took apart "Best mode" and they BEAT the Rangers. There were no flukes in the Cardinals wins. They won outright.

The NBA/NHL are invisible. MLB? not really.

cw0802
10-30-2011, 08:49 PM
I certainly was not in any way shape or form intimating that. You seem to have problems with reading comprehension, logic and deductive reasoning. You accused me of intimating something once before about Albert Pujols which I never did. It would seem obvious that with two leagues you can't simply give the World Series to one team. But I am sure you knew that already. And if eight teams in the playoffs are less boring than two; hell let's let them all in. Good times for all. Also, shouldn't the World Champions be the best team? Lastly, baseball let the team with the best record in each league battle it out in the World Series for the better part of a century. How stupid were they?

What sport takes the two teams with the best record and lets them battle for the championship? NBA? nope. NHL? Nope! NFL? no way. It's not just baseball. Every sport has a playoff and every year there's a team playing for the title with a worse record than a team sitting at home. You're showing your disdain for the Cardinals with every post. Sour grapes perhaps.

brad1176
10-31-2011, 10:01 AM
This is painful, but you've got to give it up for the Cards. They WON the Series, nothing was handed to them. They did it without their ace and with a starting rotation that wasn't very pretty, but got the job done. Now, as for Series home field advantage, I dislike the All Star game deciding it. Give it back to best regular season record, it makes the regular season even more important than it already is.

malcontent
10-31-2011, 08:09 PM
This is painful, but you've got to give it up for the Cards. They WON the Series, nothing was handed to them. They did it without their ace and with a starting rotation that wasn't very pretty, but got the job done. Now, as for Series home field advantage, I dislike the All Star game deciding it. Give it back to best regular season record, it makes the regular season even more important than it already is.
They took it, alright.

From Ron Washington's outstretched arms.

I agree about the ASG. Selig is a moron.

Swampturkey
10-31-2011, 09:49 PM

A harder road in the playoffs???

Played 5 against the best team in baseball...and won.
Played 6 against the best team in the division...and won.
Played 7 against the best team in the American league...and won.

It doesn't get much harder than that.

malcontent
11-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Just want to clarify.

I think the Cardinals are a helluva team and deserved to win it.

But I also think Washington helped them win it.

Kingspoint
11-02-2011, 12:48 AM
I hate the St. Louis Cardinals. I can't think of another team I'd rather see lose every game they ever play.

I hate Tony LaRussa. I can't think of another person in baseball I'd wish more ill will upon.

I love the St. Louis fans. I think they're the best in baseball.

I love the City of St. Louis.