PDA

View Full Version : Grady Sizemore

redsfanmia
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Would Grady Sizemore be a good fit for left field next year? It could be a buy low type deal/high reward type deal. I know he is often injured but if he could be had fairly cheaply I think he could be a difference maker.

BEETTLEBUG
10-31-2011, 01:34 PM
I would be for it but i said that this past year. Yea let's do it!!!

izzy's dad
10-31-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm in if the price is right. I would rather have pitching, and if we spend all of our available cash on "scrap heap" type guys my guess is that we won't be able to afford the upgrade our pitching staff needs. He would be a great low risk potential high reward option, but I don't see how this team can afford to take many risks.

brad1176
10-31-2011, 01:46 PM
The reality is Alonso was told to work on being a left fielder for 2012. The Reds are going to put Yonder out there and look for a starter. I shudder to think of what former Cardinal will come off of the scrap heap this time.

LegallyMinded
10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
If the Reds could negotiate a heavily incentive-laden deal, he might be worth the risk. Sizemore, after all, is only 28 years old, so, if not for injuries, he might actually be entering the peak of his career.

Overall, though, I agree with the above poster that spending on pitching should be the priority for the Reds. They already have legitimate outfield options in CF and RF, and with the potential for Alonso and Heisey to play in LF, taking a flier on Sizemore seems like an unnecessary risk.

R_Webb18
10-31-2011, 04:00 PM
did any1 watch the end of last yr when the reds were out of it? b/c i did and alonso looked fine. keep alonso.

Jefferson24
10-31-2011, 04:19 PM
did any1 watch the end of last yr when the reds were out of it? b/c i did and alonso looked fine. keep alonso.

We lived for years with Dunn and Gomes out there, can't believe Alonso would do any worse. Pass on Sizemore.

Spider Tre
10-31-2011, 04:24 PM
get Sizemore and stick him in center field...

TuneSquad
10-31-2011, 05:12 PM
I like stubbs and all, but i say pickup sizemore and package stubbs for a SP. take a chance with sizemore and if it doesnt work out heisey and sappelt are there for CF

drowg14
10-31-2011, 05:44 PM
I like stubbs and all, but i say pickup sizemore and package stubbs for a SP. take a chance with sizemore and if it doesnt work out heisey and sappelt are there for CF

Not a bad plan. I was thinking something similar myself. A healthy Sizemore is probably better than Stubbs. But the worries are, he hasn't played a full season since 2008, and his fielding and baserunning are what is going to be most affected by his injury history. Stubbs' strengths are his fielding and baserunning.

LegallyMinded
10-31-2011, 06:47 PM
If the Reds can trade Stubbs, Sizemore definitely makes more sense. I've seen Oakland is shopping Gio Gonzalez, and with the expected departure of Crisp, Dejesus and Willingham from the A's, they could certainly use some outfield help. I wonder-- what would it take in addition to Stubbs to land Gio?

William
10-31-2011, 07:24 PM
I think Sizemore would be a good fit in centerfield, he's won two Gold Gloves while he was there. Why not leave him there and put Heisey in left field. Package Stubbs and Alonso for Gio Gonzalez. Or maybe even Alonso, Grandal, and someone else for James Shields.

R_Webb18
10-31-2011, 08:07 PM
I think Sizemore would be a good fit in centerfield, he's won two Gold Gloves while he was there. Why not leave him there and put Heisey in left field. Package Stubbs and Alonso for Gio Gonzalez. Or maybe even Alonso, Grandal, and someone else for James Shields.

horrible