PDA

View Full Version : Yoenis Cespedes defected

Redsfansince72
11-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Back when the Reds signed Chapman from Cuba.. I checked online and this other Cuban player Yoenis Cespedes was there huge star. I had hoped he was VERY good friends with Chapman and the Reds could have a inside track on him..He would solve LF for years if the Reds could land him..Then package Alonso for a Ace in a package..

Any Chance this could happen??

brad1176
11-08-2011, 07:50 AM
I haven't seen the Reds mentioned at all in connection with Cespedes, haven't even seen them mentioned even going to one of his workouts. With that said, I can't imagine them not being involved as they have Chapman and Alonso who would give them the inside track on Cespedes. Keep in mind though, the Red Sox are "sending everyone", the Yankees are heavily involved, the Marlins are holding a private workout, and a slew of other teams are going to be bidding on this kid. He likely will get bidded out of the Reds price range.

Tadasimha
11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Probably a slim chance - the Cuban connection might have some pull. I think, though, that other teams are going to come harder than the Reds will. This article says that the Nationals are really interested as are the Yankees, plus the Marlins might want to make a big splash with a big name Cuban to get that new stadium to fill up.

http://calltothepen.com/2011/11/08/yoennis-cespedes-targeted-by-several-teams/

JeremiahHorsley
11-10-2011, 11:50 PM
I can see the Reds doing exactly what they did with Chapman. Nobody expected the Reds to get Chappy and they swung a deal to land him out of nowhere. I sure hope the Reds do this again and I think they could pull a cheap deal compared to other clubs with our Cuban presence. This guy is a workout machine and would solve our LF situation right away ideally.

joe51391
11-13-2011, 12:02 PM
I'd take a chance sounds like a good player

Redus
12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Does the Marlins getting Bell and laying out bucks for Reyes eliminate them for this guy now? I think so....get him Reds!!!

Redus
12-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Holy crikey sounds like The Marlins are all in on him too from rumors I saw.....Wow.

bounty37h
12-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Speaking of Marlins, does anyone here check out red.com (I check for news but don't post or have access to), there is some joker that makes a point to post almost every day negative towards the Reds. I didn't even realize they had a fan, or that we are a rival to make it worth flaming.