PDA

View Full Version : Heres the 2 moves the Reds should make

fewfirstchoice
12-12-2011, 02:08 PM
First

reds get: James Shields and BJ Upton

Rays get: Alonso, Grandal, Boxberger, Crappe, Heisey and Frazior
That's the #2, 4, 7, 8 ranked prospects and a top 20 type guy in the Reds organization. Then 2 solid guys that can play the OF. Should work both ways.

Then the Reds sign Coco Cordero To a 2 year 10 million deal.

These 2 moves set the Reds up to win now. May hurt in the future a little but helps now.

will5979
12-12-2011, 02:20 PM
First

That's the #2, 4, 7, 8 ranked prospects and a top 20 type guy in the Reds organization. Then 2 solid guys that can play the OF. Should work both ways.

These 2 moves set the Reds up to win now. May hurt in the future a little but helps now.

I like this idea, I've been screaming for years, WIN NOW and screw the future.

Redsnake
12-12-2011, 03:13 PM
First

I like the Reds/Rays deal. I think that could get done withour Boxberger.
Which leads me to NO on the CoCo deal!! Let Boxberger get a chance. Who knows maybe we have the next Kimbrel.

If that deal didn't work I would see if the WSox would like the Reds side of that deal for Quentin, Danks and Beckham.

Soxs could move salary and get younger which they want to do.

The Reds would need some cash back do to them picking up over $10M in salary. Reds add a quality #2/3 starter, RF RH bat they need and a player that can play SS. Beckham's numbers last year for a 2B isn't that great, but plug them in at SS and it doesn't look so bad. Besdies the reds would be buying low on player that i believe is 2 years away from being as All-Star. The only draw back in this deal is Quentin and Danks only have 1 year left on there contract. So maybe one could work out an extension.

dMaus14
12-12-2011, 10:58 PM
What about Hung-Chih Kuo??