PDA

View Full Version : RedsZone Rookie

RedsBrick
12-17-2011, 07:00 PM
First time poster but a lifelong Reds fan since before the BRM. I've been looking for a great place to chat Reds baseball...looks like I found it!

With regards to today's trade...I'm pleased. A great, young pitcher with incredible upside and a financially friendly contract....hard to find.

Now if the Reds can lock down the lead-off spot and a LFer....bring on spring training!

I look forward to chatting Reds' baseball!

drowg14
12-17-2011, 07:06 PM
First time poster but a lifelong Reds fan since before the BRM. I've been looking for a great place to chat Reds baseball...looks like I found it!

With regards to today's trade...I'm pleased. A great, young pitcher with incredible upside and a financially friendly contract....hard to find.

Now if the Reds can lock down the lead-off spot and a LFer....bring on spring training!

I look forward to chatting Reds' baseball!

Welcome good sir. I'm sure many on here will look forward to arguing with you :laugh:

In regards to your lead-off spot and a lfer idea, I think it is going to be either or. My guess getting a LFer and using BP/Cozart at the 1/2 spot in the order

RedsBrick
12-17-2011, 07:15 PM
Welcome good sir. I'm sure many on here will look forward to arguing with you :laugh:

In regards to your lead-off spot and a lfer idea, I think it is going to be either or. My guess getting a LFer and using BP/Cozart at the 1/2 spot in the order

Thanks, d14.

I agree about it being an either/or.

I'm sure this has been kicked around a lot on this board but ideally I'd love for DS to have better plate discipline and be able to fulfill the lead-off role....too much speed to ignore.

Would love to have a RH power bat to stick in left.

drowg14
12-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks, d14.

I agree about it being an either/or.

I'm sure this has been kicked around a lot on this board but ideally I'd love for DS to have better plate discipline and be able to fulfill the lead-off role....too much speed to ignore.

Would love to have a RH power bat to stick in left.

By DS do you mean Drew Stubbs or Dave Sappelt? I'm assuming you mean Stubbs since you mentioned speed. I don't think he will ever have the skills to bat lead-off, it would be nice though. I think he has the tools to be a 3/4/5 hitter though, assuming he cant get his plate discipline in check. Although, if he could learn how to lay down a bunt, that would go a long way towards developing into a lead-off guy.

Dave Sappelt on the other hand has potential as a lead-off guy down the road imo.

vin19
12-17-2011, 08:19 PM
im also joining as well ive actually been on here for awhile just never had my own username i always got on my friends account but the trade today worries me but 2012 should still be exciting due to cardinals and brewers getting weaker

Outlaw133
12-17-2011, 08:52 PM
im also joining as well ive actually been on here for awhile just never had my own username i always got on my friends account but the trade today worries me but 2012 should still be exciting due to cardinals and brewers getting weaker

Newbe here myself, though a Reds fan since Crosley and a vet of another Reds board. Wanted sanity rather than mudfights, so this site was recommended.

RedsBrick
12-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Newbe here myself, though a Reds fan since Crosley and a vet of another Reds board. Wanted sanity rather than mudfights, so this site was recommended.

My story as well, Outlaw...

JohnnyBallgame
12-20-2011, 02:35 PM
You guys tried Reds4Life? It's a new site and the guys there are really into the Reds. You should check it out. They let you have a little more "ownership" you could say than most sites and none of the mudslinging like you mentioned.

Newman4
12-20-2011, 02:49 PM

None of the mudslinging here - except for the Reds Fan 26 and Fire Dusty fight lol :laugh:

code
12-20-2011, 03:09 PM
None of the mudslinging here - except for the Reds Fan 26 and Fire Dusty fight lol :laugh:

took the words right out of my mouth.