PDA

View Full Version : Chicago White Sox ...

dMaus14
01-05-2012, 09:50 PM
I know before the major trades that happened for the Reds this offseason there were people who were questioning if Walt knew what he was doing but is there a more clueless person managing a team than Kenny Williams with the White Sox.

He claimed Alex Rios on waivers with his ridiculous contract which is understandable if he was in his last two years but he has 4 years left on his contract.

He traded Daniel Hudson to the DBacks for Edwin Jackson.

Signed Adam Dunn to a ridiculous contract.

He traded a good and extremely cheap closer for a TOR arm that is 2 years away which signaled it was a rebuilding mode only to turn around and extend John Danks. Then traded Carlos Quentin to the Padres for basically nothing.

Trades Jason Frasor back to the BlueJays after trading for him this summer.

He had the talent to trade to reload the their farm system but he messed it up some how!

Red Raindog
01-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I know before the major trades that happened for the Reds this offseason there were people who were questioning if Walt knew what he was doing but is there a more clueless person managing a team than Kenny Williams with the White Sox.

He claimed Alex Rios on waivers with his ridiculous contract which is understandable if he was in his last two years but he has 4 years left on his contract.

He traded a good and extremely cheap closer for a TOR arm that is 2 years away which signaled it was a rebuilding mode only to turn around and extend John Danks. Then traded Carlos Quentin to the Padres for basically nothing.

He had the talent to trade to reload the their farm system but he messed it up some how!

It could be a long group of summers in Chi Town coming up.

BEETTLEBUG
01-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Let's Trade for Alex Rios put him in LF no platoon.

alett12
01-06-2012, 11:18 AM

You forgot trading their closer, Sergio Santos to the blue jays for some scrub.

Old NDN
01-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Let's Trade for Alex Rios put him in LF no platoon.

What do the Reds have left that the White Sox would want, or Walt (and the Redzone GMs) would be willing to part with? How much salary could the Reds afford to absorb?

dMaus14
01-07-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't know what we have or what Walt would be willing to part with but if you go off of Cots Baseball Contracts (which doesn't take into account the deferred money), using MLBTR arbitration projections and minimum salaries we have $75.8M on the payroll right now. Now if you taken into account deferred contracts of Rolen, Votto and Arroyo we should have $66.8M on the books for 2012. I'm not in the Reds FO so I don't have specifics on salaries I'm just going off of what I have found. So really we have anywhere. Between $9-19M to spend.

But we have to save some for Phillips extension. We still need a closer and we need a back up infielder who can hit and hopefully a middle of the order bat.

As for Rios, the dude has like 4 years left on his ridiculous contract of $17M a year. No thanks!

Hondo
01-12-2012, 08:42 PM
I'd Trade Brandon Phillips for Gordon Beckham and some Prospects...

I think Beckham will be the REAL DEAL...

alett12
01-13-2012, 01:46 PM
I'd Trade Brandon Phillips for Gordon Beckham and some Prospects...

I think Beckham will be the REAL DEAL...

As a fantasy owner who had both last year, this is a bad idea. I would rather go for alexi and move cozart to 2nd