Tony Pena
Aurther Rhodes
Joel Zumya

LexRedsFan
01-06-2012, 03:51 PM
So basically, your "top" choices are 3/4 of the list? :P

Alpha Zero
01-06-2012, 05:32 PM
You forgot Oswalt. With the expection of Oswalt, I'm not interested in any other starters remaining on the FA market on a major league deal. I'd sign a couple of reclamation projects to minor league deals in case of multiple injuries in the rotation. I just read that Brandon Webb started throwing again and would probably take a minor league deal. I'd be interested in stashing him at Lousivlle for depth.

As far as the bullpen is concerned, I'd like to get one of Madson, Gonzales, or Kerry Wood. It looks like Wood is going to sign with the Cubs, so he's probably out. If prices continue to fall on Madson or Gonzales, I'd definitely scoop up one of the two. I definitely do not want Cordero back because I think the Reds need the supplemental pick to help restock their system following the recent trades.

DGullett35
01-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Id take Bartolo. had a good first half last year. could be the long man out of the bullpen and start if or should I say when(crossing my fingers) we have an injury to the rotation. He still throws in the low 90's. Kazmir would be my 2nd option. He def. woiuld be a good long man and I think we need a lefty to be put in the rotation. I hope aroldis pans out for the 2nd half of the year.

R_Webb18
01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Id take Bartolo. had a good first half last year. could be the long man out of the bullpen and start if or should I say when(crossing my fingers) we have an injury to the rotation. He still throws in the low 90's. Kazmir would be my 2nd option. He def. woiuld be a good long man and I think we need a lefty to be put in the rotation. I hope aroldis pans out for the 2nd half of the year.

wow ppl love to add stupid stuff. just stop please. making a move to make a move does not = good always.

R_Webb18
01-06-2012, 07:40 PM
also u wanna add Tim Wakefield? didnt it take him like half the year to get 1 win "200"?

rgslone
01-06-2012, 10:18 PM
wow ppl love to add stupid stuff. just stop please. making a move to make a move does not = good always.

What does a rude response like that accomplish? You may disagree with it, but there was nothing outrageous about DGULLET35's opinion. Our starting rotation is not so without questions that we couldn't use another proven quality starter. I wish the Reds could get Oswalt.

R_Webb18
01-06-2012, 10:30 PM
What does a rude response like that accomplish? You may disagree with it, but there was nothing outrageous about DGULLET35's opinion. Our starting rotation is not so without questions that we couldn't use another proven quality starter. I wish the Reds could get Oswalt.

oswalt was not on list.

lol at ur post

The DARK
01-07-2012, 12:10 AM
I'd like Owings, actually. He's capable of pinch hitting and spot starts. At the very least, he'd bolster AAA and light a fire under Judy, Fisher, and Horst. He's got experience with the club as well.

alett12
01-09-2012, 11:30 AM
You forgot Oswalt. With the expection of Oswalt, I'm not interested in any other starters remaining on the FA market on a major league deal. I'd sign a couple of reclamation projects to minor league deals in case of multiple injuries in the rotation. I just read that Brandon Webb started throwing again and would probably take a minor league deal. I'd be interested in stashing him at Lousivlle for depth.

As far as the bullpen is concerned, I'd like to get one of Madson, Gonzales, or Kerry Wood. It looks like Wood is going to sign with the Cubs, so he's probably out. If prices continue to fall on Madson or Gonzales, I'd definitely scoop up one of the two. I definitely do not want Cordero back because I think the Reds need the supplemental pick to help restock their system following the recent trades.

I did not forget Oswalt. I didn't put him on the list. This year will most likely be one of his last and I don't think that he's going to have a better year than either Leake or Homer. I think that once Chapman gets the call up he is even going to have a better season than Oswalt. I'll predict right now that Bronson will have a better year than Oswalt in every meaningful catagorey, RA, ERA, Home runs against, IP, GS, CG ect. Brandon Webb i have never been high on and I see it as pointless to sign a guy who never threw over 85mph and hasn't seen a big league mound in 3+ years. Wakefield is the last true Knuckleballer, he would be a spot starter or long reliever at best but he would be a good mentor to some of the young reds pitchers

brad1176
01-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I've said for a long time that a knuckleballer in between a couple of hard throwers would be great, that knuckleball really messes with a batters timing. I would take Wakefield as a spot starter and mentor to the younger pitchers.

Alpha Zero
01-09-2012, 12:19 PM
I did not forget Oswalt. I didn't put him on the list. This year will most likely be one of his last and I don't think that he's going to have a better year than either Leake or Homer. I think that once Chapman gets the call up he is even going to have a better season than Oswalt. I'll predict right now that Bronson will have a better year than Oswalt in every meaningful catagorey, RA, ERA, Home runs against, IP, GS, CG ect. Brandon Webb i have never been high on and I see it as pointless to sign a guy who never threw over 85mph and hasn't seen a big league mound in 3+ years. Wakefield is the last true Knuckleballer, he would be a spot starter or long reliever at best but he would be a good mentor to some of the young reds pitchers

I'd probably take that bet. Oswalt is definitely getting older (34 next year), but even in a bad, injury plagued 2011 campaign, he posted a 3.69 ERA. Arroyo hasn't posted an ERA that low since his first season as a Red (2006). I like Arroyo and think he will bounce back to the tune of a 4.00 ERA, but he's no Oswalt.

In addition, I haven't been very high on Bailey for some time now, so that's influencing my thinking a bit as well. I'd love to go into the season with a rotation of Latos, Cueto, Oswalt, Leake, and Arroyo. I understand this probably doesn't fit the Reds' plans since that rotation probably doesn't leave many innings for Chapman, but it's fun to dream.

Hopefully Chapman turns out to be a beast, and we can look forward to watching one of the most dominant, young rotations in baseball for years to come.