PDA

View Full Version : Interesting idea

alett12
01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Why not bring in Scott Kazmir? True he did nothing with the Angels but a minor league deal would be great considering he isn't 30 yet and he could be this years dontrelle.

brad1176
01-23-2012, 02:39 PM
I'd be fine with a minor league deal for Kazmir. What happened to him anyhow? He was very good at one time.

WildcatFan
01-23-2012, 03:59 PM
There's got to be something physically wrong with the guy. He had some really nice seasons in Tampa. Now his fastball isn't very fast, and he can't find the plate. He's in winter ball now; maybe he can get back into it. I liked him a lot.

alett12
01-24-2012, 11:21 AM
There's got to be something physically wrong with the guy. He had some really nice seasons in Tampa. Now his fastball isn't very fast, and he can't find the plate. He's in winter ball now; maybe he can get back into it. I liked him a lot.

The best comparison I have for him is Dontrelle, I mean look at it. He was an ace on a small market team, then he gets traded to a big market where he is expected to continue to be an ace then he goes to pot. It's all mental if you ask me but I could be completely wrong too.

WildcatFan
01-25-2012, 11:26 AM
I think that's a fair comparison. I can't remember if Dontrelle was ever diagnosed with a serious physical problem. A change of leagues could do him a lot of good if it is, in fact, mental. He would just need to be groomed back into throwing strikes.

alett12
01-25-2012, 02:00 PM
I think that's a fair comparison. I can't remember if Dontrelle was ever diagnosed with a serious physical problem. A change of leagues could do him a lot of good if it is, in fact, mental. He would just need to be groomed back into throwing strikes.

I think it was the change in market size is what he needs more than the change in leagues even though the NL did get alot weaker this offseason with the losses of Albert and Prince.

WildcatFan
01-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Why market size?

alett12
01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Why market size?

another example would be Oliver Perez, he was great in a small market with a team that doesn't have the pressure but you move him to the Mets he loses it and can't hit the strike zone, same thing happened to Dontrelle moving Miami to Detriot, and Kazmir from Tampa to LA, you look at the expectations after what the teams gave up for them they feel that they have to reach the superstar status that the team reciving them gave up to get, and the Rays are an AL team as are the Angels so there wasn't a league transition to make.