PDA

View Full Version : Dusty on hot seat?

ShaySongz
01-28-2012, 05:35 AM
With all the trading and signing this off season, would you put Dusty on the hot seat? Is the wild card title good enough, with Prince and Albert gone to keep his job?

Spider Tre
01-28-2012, 07:30 AM
EVERYBODY will be on the hot seat if we finish below .500

izzy's dad
01-28-2012, 09:54 AM
I think Dusty is gone after this season regardless, unless we win a World Series. The Reds are very high on AAA manager Dave Bell, and Dusty's contract is up at the end of the season. If this team underachieves then I believe Dusty will be fired and Mr. Bell will take over. Then again if this team underachieves I think a few familiar faces could be sent packing.

DGullett35
01-28-2012, 12:37 PM
I agree this whole team including Jocketty will be on the hot seat if we don't make the playoffs, AND compete in the playoffs. We at least need to get to the LCS. This team is too talented not to. I can see this being different if we are riddled with injuries but if this team is relatively healthy then LCS or bust. JMO(I'll still root for the redlegs if we win only 60 games:)

IamRV
01-28-2012, 01:22 PM
I wanted Dusty gone after 2010 so if you're asking me if he's on the hot seat the answer would be yes. Regardless what the Reds record or how far they advance, I want him gone - no extensions - no options - nothing - GONE!

RedsfaninMT
01-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I wanted Dusty gone after 2010 so if you're asking me if he's on the hot seat the answer would be yes. Regardless what the Reds record or how far they advance, I want him gone - no extensions - no options - nothing - GONE!

So if the Reds win the World Series you want him gone? :laugh:

Stray
01-28-2012, 01:39 PM
The season hasn't even started so the answer is no. Although if we underachieve this year he's more than likely gone.

ShaySongz
01-28-2012, 02:53 PM
who you think would be a better option at manager besides Dusty? I prefer someone with major league experience, This team is somewhat young. I think a manager that demands fundamentals and holds players accountable should be our manager. Dusty is too soft, and tends to stick with below avg players too long. what about Terry Francona? I think the Reds players would respect him.

[deleted]
01-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Barring a Series win, I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone no matter how the season turns out. I don't mind, either.

IamRV
01-28-2012, 05:28 PM
So if the Reds win the World Series you want him gone? :laugh:

Yes - they will have won in spite of him.

swaisuc
01-30-2012, 08:52 AM
With all the trading and signing this off season, would you put Dusty on the hot seat? Is the wild card title good enough, with Prince and Albert gone to keep his job?

I don't think he's on the hot seat. Sure, if they implode this year and finish below .500 and miss the playoffs, he could lose his job. That is true for a lot of managers. If the Reds make the playoffs, they'll be bringing back Votto and most of the same team for 1 more year. I think Dusty would be kept for that year. After that, we may be turning things over and a new manager would make more sense in 2014 depending on our results in 2012/2013.

alett12
01-30-2012, 09:00 AM
I think if they finish on top Dusty will go out on top and if they don't he's gone. The Reds are loading up on managers by moving sweet to a catching assistant so they could move up Bell and bring in Riggleman I think dusty will most likely be done either way.

Red in Atl
01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes - they will have won in spite of him.

I just don't understand the hate. Dusty has done nothing but bring much needed stability to this franchise. He helped to develop the young players. He got them to the playoffs when they really weren't supposed to be a force. And the players love him.

Your line above is ridiculous. Dusty has been successful his entire career. Do you have any comprehension of how hard it is to win the WS? Everything has to go your way. No one win's in spite of themselves.

Considering the state of baseball right now and how unfair the balance is from a financial standpoint, it's relatively unlikely that a small market team like the Reds will ever win another WS.

I think in spite of himself, Dusty is not the problem.

HatchMo
01-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I just don't understand the hate. Dusty has done nothing but bring much needed stability to this franchise. He helped to develop the young players. He got them to the playoffs when they really weren't supposed to be a force. And the players love him.

Your line above is ridiculous. Dusty has been successful his entire career. Do you have any comprehension of how hard it is to win the WS? Everything has to go your way. No one win's in spite of themselves.

Considering the state of baseball right now and how unfair the balance is from a financial standpoint, it's relatively unlikely that a small market team like the Reds will ever win another WS.

I think in spite of himself, Dusty is not the problem.

In what way has he developed a player?

goreds2
01-30-2012, 09:18 PM
EVERYBODY will be on the hot seat if we finish below .500

You mean below first place. :)

alett12
01-31-2012, 11:58 AM
who you think would be a better option at manager besides Dusty? I prefer someone with major league experience, This team is somewhat young. I think a manager that demands fundamentals and holds players accountable should be our manager. Dusty is too soft, and tends to stick with below avg players too long. what about Terry Francona? I think the Reds players would respect him.

I would love to see Francona managing the reds. The only question would be would he want to.

BEETTLEBUG
01-31-2012, 12:06 PM
I would love to see Francona managing the reds. The only question would be would he want to.

Kool he sounds good but like you said would he want it?

Old NDN
01-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Does he really want to return after this year?

cres36
01-31-2012, 08:34 PM
would love to have Franconca if he would be willing to come here. That said I don't believe dusty has done as awful of a job as people make it out to be. he can't throw the ball, hit the ball or field the ball. I'll agree with everyone he does make some decisions that make me scratch my head a little bit and does stick with guys a little long sometimes but he is loyal to his players, and i think he has done a good enough job here....if he tanks this year barring injuries i may re-evaluate but as of right now i wouldn't ride him out of town just yet.

joshua
01-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Seeing him stick by Gomes for weeeeks after he should've been benched was enough to turn me against him. And I don't know who's decision it was to trot Janish out there to flail around at the plate every day when Cozart was ready to come up, but it wouldn't surprise me if Dusty was heavily involved in that decision too. Guys might like playing for him, but I think he cost us a few wins last year that could've changed the tide of the season. I'd rather have someone else.

alett12
02-01-2012, 01:49 PM
I would think if they offered him enough money Francona would come back and manage for another of his old clubs if he got enough money. My only other question would be how would he put together a NL line up since he is used to managing with a DH?

smixsell
02-01-2012, 03:19 PM
According to stetements rumored to have made by Reds brass at the end of last season Rusty will be fired if the team get off to a slow start. I beleive these statements were made, and a believe Rusty is on the hotseat BIG TIME.

smixsell
02-01-2012, 03:21 PM
...........and I think Francona will be brought in after we fire Rusty. :o)

smixsell
02-01-2012, 03:22 PM

I'm with you mate.

alett12
02-02-2012, 08:42 AM
...........and I think Francona will be brought in after we fire Rusty. :o)

I don't see Francona being brought in during the season. I think you would see Riggleman being named interm manager because of his experience and if he does well then he stays and Francona isn't needed plus Riggleman would be much cheaper.

SweetLou1990
02-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I don't see Francona being brought in during the season. I think you would see Riggleman being named interm manager because of his experience and if he does well then he stays and Francona isn't needed plus Riggleman would be much cheaper.

I'll give Dusty the benefit of the doubt until the Reds fail, and that ain't happening this year !

ShaySongz
02-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Dusty Baker smh remember these names Gomes, Patterson,Taveras, and Stubbs. Dusty sill waiting on them to break outta their slumps...

alett12
02-03-2012, 08:27 AM
That is so very true. This year's version Ryan Ludwick.