PDA

View Full Version : miguel cairo ?

ol'Sparky
01-30-2012, 09:19 PM
is he still w/ the cincinnati redlegs .... I love that fellow and he's a heck of a leader

trentthecaptain
01-30-2012, 09:23 PM
yes

alett12
01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately, he is just about done in my opinion

Grouse
01-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Although not the most talented player, he is a true pro. He gives you solid D, and pro at bats. I never understood the hate by some red fans for him. Its like they expect him to be Mike Schmit or something. IMO HE is a solid backup and worth the money. Rolen can get hurt anytime and Francisco is the most overated player on the 40 man.

texasdave
01-31-2012, 01:39 PM
Miguel Cairo has earned his keep in his two years with the club.

bounty37h
01-31-2012, 02:50 PM

Totally agree, glad to have him!

[deleted]
01-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Cairo's been an incredibly solid backup these last two years. He's definitely needed for when Rolen inevitably goes down.

bigredmechanism
02-01-2012, 01:31 AM

Yep.

Remember when Votto was hurt or sad or whatever? Miggy batted like .350 that stretch, with power. Could have batted him cleanup and won most of the games.

alett12
02-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Although not the most talented player, he is a true pro. He gives you solid D, and pro at bats. I never understood the hate by some red fans for him. Its like they expect him to be Mike Schmit or something. IMO HE is a solid backup and worth the money. Rolen can get hurt anytime and Francisco is the most overated player on the 40 man.

Yes he has been solid, BUT let me list the guys who can be Utility players on the reds right now other than Cairo.
Fazier, Valdez, Janish, Harris, and Valakia. Plus Juan Fransisco who is out of options so he is definately starting on the big league club and i have a feeling at least 2 of the utility guys other than Cairo make the team and they all will have better spring trainings except maybe Harris.