PDA

View Full Version : If votto were to be traded or get hurt ?

ol'Sparky
02-12-2012, 12:01 PM
what are our options ?

Soto, Frazier, Cairo .... ?

maybe they trade votto and move rolen to first base

R_Webb18
02-12-2012, 01:55 PM
he's not getting traded this year

Spider Tre
02-12-2012, 08:16 PM
if he gets hurt, Cairo will probably take over first base

can't imagine them moving Rolen to first base

Krawhitham
02-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Cairo if it is not a season ending injury

If it is a season ending injury and by some miracle Rolen is still healthy then I would guess Fransisco would play 1st

Votto will not be traded this season, and most likely not next season either. They will most likely resign him for about 24-25 million per on a 6 year deal. The Reds will get an infusion of cash after the 2016 season with a new TV deal. Bob will just bit it with the payroll for 2 seasons before the cash starts rolling in.

joshua
02-13-2012, 03:40 AM
The Reds TV contract isn't up for quite awhile. And the Reds currently have a pretty craptastic contract because it was negotiated when the club stank. There's no way FSO will want to renegotiate right now since they're getting a good team at dirt cheap prices. So thinking that added TV revenue will help us afford keeping Votto is just wrong.

check out this article for more info. At the beginning of the season last year the Reds were raking in the #4 ranking of any MLB regional network and #1 on radio. Goes to show how fairweather Reds fans can be. If the Reds went wire-to-wire this season an they kept up those kind of ratings AND the TV contract was up for negotiation, it might be possible...but it's not http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stories/2010/08/02/story2.html?page=all

brad1176
02-13-2012, 07:49 AM
I think it would come down to a platoon of players. If it's a season ending injury, I could see them trying to get a Derrick Lee type of player, someone they could hope to get just one more year out of.