PDA

View Full Version : Francisco shows up fat.

Grouse
03-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Francisco has showed up overweight and out of shape for spring training. Dusty said that he is "Behind" and "Should stop eating".

tedies
03-07-2012, 02:22 PM
I heard he was in Dusty's naighty list, haven't heard why exactly... Not a smart thing to do if your trying to compete for a lot of starts at 3rd :eek:

jhu1321
03-07-2012, 02:24 PM
I heard he was in Dusty's naighty list, haven't heard why exactly... Not a smart thing to do if your trying to compete for a lot of starts at 3rd :eek:

Our only option for him is DL since he is out of options. I would love to see a hard worker like Frazier make the 25 man over him but I can't see how it happens. He's also still got a hurt calf.

brad1176
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
I saw that too, Dusty was pretty tough on him, which is good. There is hardly an acceptable excuse in coming to camp out of shape. I think it goes a long way in telling the Reds what to expect from him down the road. In a related note, did anyone see Coco this spring....

Tadasimha
03-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Our only option for him is DL since he is out of options. I would love to see a hard worker like Frazier make the 25 man over him but I can't see how it happens. He's also still got a hurt calf.

I'm about ready to give up on Francisco - he's shown himself to be injury prone and now there seems to be attitude problems as well.

bmwreds31
03-07-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm about ready to give up on Francisco - he's shown himself to be injury prone and now there seems to be attitude problems as well.

Personally im not sure why anyone was ever ON him in the first place.

He always reminded me of the next Willy Mo pena to come through the franchise. A dude with a decent amount of pop if you threw him a fastball. But looks like my grandma trying to hit if you throw him a curve ball.

Kevin1476
03-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Francisco has to play as much baseball as anyone in the big leagues. I think he plays winter ball every winter and then plays with the Reds. This could be the cause of some of his nagging injuries, that and being overweight, which you would not think he would be because of all the ball he plays. He must have a terrible diet. I also think he is going to be a good one, once he becomes an everyday player and if he can stay healthy.

joshua
03-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I think he needs more ABs to see his real potential. If he got them, I think we'd actually see his BA and OBP go up...that being said there's no excuse for him coming in 15 pounds heaver, especially since it's not muscle whether he's injured or not. Anyone who works out regularly or is an athlete knows to watch your weight when you're not active...it can make your recovery much longer. I think he's going to get an awful lot of starts at 3rd this year simply because he's a lefty, which is good for him...but Frazier should be splitting his starts with him IMO. I think platooning those two would be more productive that Rolen this season. I hope Scott proves me wrong though.