PDA

View Full Version : Weird Premonitions about a Reds Player?

BUTLER REDSFAN
03-10-2012, 03:09 AM
If you had a weird premonition about a Reds player would you share it with others on here so you could be on the record or keep it to yourself.

texasdave
03-10-2012, 10:41 AM
I would share it unless it involved farm animals.

BUTLER REDSFAN
03-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Not sure if this is a premonition or not but with both Pujols and Fielder gone I just know that Votto is due for a major injury of some sort...no I dont want it to happen just feel like its inevitable.........I also think(unless I missed it in the last few days)that Phillip's lack of a new contract will become a major issue during the season.

smixsell
03-10-2012, 01:13 PM
I have a wierd feeling that Ludwick is going to have a pretty big year for us. Don't know why, just have a feeling.

DGullett35
03-10-2012, 02:51 PM
I also have a weird feeling that Phillips contract issue will haunt us at some part this season. However I think the media will have much to do with it.

Also I have a feeling that Homer Bailey will have a huge season. Think he will finally come into his own

UPRedsFan
03-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I have the same feeling about Homer and also Latos.

And here's a story you won't believe about premonitions but it's true. When I was about 14 I was listening to a game on radio and Gary Redus was on first. A lefty was on the mound and threw over a couple times. I just had this thought that Redus with his speed should just take off next time the pitcher threw over. 10 seconds later that's exactly what happened and he beat the throw from the first baseman to second. I'm sure we've all had that happen with homeruns. You get a feeling someone is about to go deep and they do. No big deal, just a coincidence right? I've had that happen a few times watching games. But this Redus thing blew me away when it happened.

smixsell
03-10-2012, 11:26 PM
I have the same feeling about Homer and also Latos.

I don't think a big year from Latos would be wierd enough to call it a premonition. I EXPECT Latos to have a big year. :)

The DARK
03-12-2012, 02:51 AM
I fully expect one of our stars (probably Latos) to need major surgery at some point and miss the rest of the year and into next. I also expect that everybody else will step up in that event.

Big Red Hoss
03-12-2012, 04:53 PM
I have a good Feeling that Hannigan steps up the offensive production and plays the majority of the time at catcher. I also think Jay Bruce gets a gold glove and silver slugger this season.

mu4103
03-13-2012, 12:57 PM
I have a feeling that you are all wrong :) .

drowg14
03-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I have a feeling Leake will be the second best pitcher in the rotation this year, behind Latos.

smixsell
03-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Leake is going to wind up having the best career of any pitcher currently on our staff. SO any type of big year from him wouldn't suprise me or qualify as "wierd" :)

jwmann2
03-19-2012, 10:19 PM
I have a wierd feeling that Ludwick is going to have a pretty big year for us. Don't know why, just have a feeling.

I have a feeling Heisey is going to snatch that starting spot from him.

Hey Meat
03-21-2012, 11:45 AM
I have a feeling that this will be the Swan song for Joey Votto as a Red and that since we no longer have Yonder we will be scrambling for power at first base for next season.

jhu1321
03-21-2012, 12:33 PM
I have a feeling that this will be the Swan song for Joey Votto as a Red and that since we no longer have Yonder we will be scrambling for power at first base for next season.

His contract is through next year. IF he doesn't sign an extension the Reds won't consider trading him before the all star break next year. He's also stated recently that he "very much wants" to stay in Cincinnati. I think we back up the truck for him this year.

texasdave
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
He also said in that same article, ""It would be tough for a [top] position player to sign for five years. No matter how fond a person is of the city, players have to maximize the number of years,". I don't think the Reds have a truck big enough.

jhu1321
03-21-2012, 08:16 PM
That would be a complete reversal of his stance from a few years ago when he didn't want to sign for more than 3 years. At the time he said he couldn't imagine where he'd want to be 7 years down the road.

gedred69
03-22-2012, 03:28 PM
I have a weird premonition that Wily Mo Francisco will occupy the last roster spot instead of Frazier.

texasdave
03-22-2012, 03:49 PM
I have a weird premonition that Wily Mo Francisco will occupy the last roster spot instead of Frazier.

And be on Injured Reserve by the middle of May. :)

gedred69
03-22-2012, 07:06 PM
And be on Injured Reserve by the middle of May. :)

Ha Ha! You've put on an optimistic spin. Well done.:beerme:

smixsell
04-12-2012, 07:26 PM

Glad this one was WRONG!!!!!!! :):beerme:

BUTLER REDSFAN
07-16-2012, 09:20 PM
maybe my premonitions come 4 months in advance