PDA

View Full Version : How many Games will you attend at GABP this summer?

jwmann2
03-24-2012, 02:52 PM
In particular, I am looking forward to the Tigers, Twins and Padres series. Three teams I have never seen in person. I am going to try and save money this season by not going to GABP so much so that I can check out other ballparks. I plan to hit Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Detroit in three days. Or White Sox, Cubs and Milwaukee in three. Whichever one.

Big Red Hoss
03-24-2012, 03:19 PM
In particular, I am looking forward to the Tigers, Twins and Padres series. Three teams I have never seen in person. I am going to try and save money this season by not going to GABP so much so that I can check out other ballparks. I plan to hit Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Detroit in three days. Or White Sox, Cubs and Milwaukee in three. Whichever one.

I am with you there. The Wife and I plan on a 4 day trip to Milwaukee and Chicago this year. Pittsburg might also happen for a game.

DGullett35
03-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Cleveland is an OK park but nothing really special. I live close to Cleveland so ive been to alot of games. The 97 all star game was probably the best. Id much rather go to Chicago and Milwaukee. JMO

That being said Ill probably still go to Cleveland when the Reds come to town and Id like to get down to Cincy this year when they play the Giants

Falcon7
03-24-2012, 05:25 PM
0, unless I get free tickets and a ride.

mroby85
03-24-2012, 05:29 PM
0, unless I get free tickets and a ride.

I did the Milwaukee/Chicago thing last summer and highly recommend it. Also went to Cleveland last year, and just not impressed at all with the city especially, the ballpark was pretty decent. I'm wanting to hit up New York this year when they play the Yankees and Mets back to back, but not sure how that will work out financially with the price of hotels in New York.

The amount of home games I attend will depend a lot on their record, I'm definitely going 5/12 to get a Votto bobblehead. With it being a 2 hour drive I don't like going when they're out of the playoff race too often usually. This year they should be in though I hope.

will5979
03-24-2012, 05:40 PM
At least 3 for sure, if they are in the race after the All Star Break probably 5-8, if they win the division probably over 10 including postseason games.

Spider Tre
03-24-2012, 06:25 PM
hopefully, at least doubling my current total number of games attended (2)

mlh1981
03-25-2012, 09:54 AM
I live in Tampa Bay, FL now. When I lived in Athens, OH, I'd go to about 5/6 now, but being 17 hours away changes things alot. I'll make it up for a weekend series, and I'm hopeful to catch them when they play in Atlanta or Miami.

RedsfaninMT
03-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Zero, unless I get to Ohio in September. Summers are too busy for me with work, and hopping on a plane for a weekend from Montana isn't going to happen...unless I win the lottery. So as I said, it isn't going to happen.

Driver62
03-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Probably none because of cost but I will be at 5 Dayton Dragons games. I can get to the park in Dayton in less than 15 minutes, park right across the street for $5 and buy food and beer for about half of what it costs at GABP.

I'm retired and live on a fixed income but if I had a few more bucks to spare, I'd see at least one Reds game. Until I hit the lottery, I'm stuck in Dayton.

drowg14
03-25-2012, 11:59 AM
Already bought the Votto Pick 4 pack, going to Marlins, April 7? ( the saturday game), Nats May 12, Tigers June 9 and Cards August 25. I might end up going to a game or two on top of that, but I recently moved to Findlay, so I guess we'll see.

osuredleg24
03-25-2012, 12:34 PM
hopefully 1 this year

justincredible
03-25-2012, 12:49 PM
At least 30 but I'm hoping to go to 41. We are also thinking about a trip to Denver and SF for Reds games. I'll also be going to Chicago for a series against the Cubs.

Who Dey Time
03-26-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm always a definite for Opening Day and then about 10-15 more during the season. Hope to increase it this year.....I took my 4-year old to her first game last season and she loved it! So, I'm hoping that that gets me at least 5 more games.

Eric the Red
03-26-2012, 08:23 PM
I have a 20-game pack in addition to Opening Day. I also have tickets for a Reds game in Milwaukee in August. Looking forward to a winning season!

64red
03-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Made it to sixteen games last year. Probably about the same this year. Hundred-seventy mile round trip. Lots of time to spend with my son. Priceless.

jwmann2
03-27-2012, 01:46 AM
I live in Tampa Bay, FL now. When I lived in Athens, OH, I'd go to about 5/6 now, but being 17 hours away changes things alot. I'll make it up for a weekend series, and I'm hopeful to catch them when they play in Atlanta or Miami.

I'm sure you checked them out when they played in Tampa last season.

tom nuetten
03-27-2012, 06:28 AM
no games this summer :(

I´m from Germany and can´t visit Cincinnati (usa) this year (last year I saw the Reds @ Mets).

I hope to see the Reds next year again :beerme:
I wish I would live in the united states, so I can see baseball, football + hockey without staying awake the whole night ;)

But I live in Germany so when the baseball season starts, I´m tired at work because I stayed awake at night ;)

mattfeet
03-27-2012, 07:39 AM
About 15-20 for me. :)

Captain13
03-27-2012, 11:00 AM
I usually go to 5-6. Last year only made it to one. I already have tickets to 4/28 v the Astros. Going to try to go at least once a month, that makes six games.