PDA

View Full Version : Down to 30...but not good

brm7675
03-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Reds send more down, have roster down to 30 which means 6 more cuts, but with Nick Massett now on the DL and Bill Bray iffy to come north...a trade may have to be made for bullpen depth..

texasdave
03-28-2012, 03:50 PM
You think anyone would bite if the Reds' dangle Arroyo? Yeah, me either.

herbdizzle
03-28-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't see any real reason to panic right now. The Reds can open up the season with a still solid pitching staff consisting of guys they either already had penciled in going into the year or with off-season acquisitions that were in direct competition for a spot. My take on the staff right now would be:

SP Latos
SP Cueto
SP Leake
SP Arroyo
SP Chapman

RP Bailey (long man/6th starter)
RP Arredondo
RP Bray
RP Ondrusek
RP Lecure
RP Francis
RP Marshall (closer)

I think it is even more important to keep Bailey, Chapman, & Francis around right now as they have the ability to pitch several innings and I would give Chapman the early season nod for starting.

TheBigLebowski
03-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Word is we worked out Mike Gonzalez today...he'd be a great addition even without all these bullpen injuries...now he's basically a necessity.

brm7675
03-28-2012, 06:32 PM
I don't see any real reason to panic right now. The Reds can open up the season with a still solid pitching staff consisting of guys they either already had penciled in going into the year or with off-season acquisitions that were in direct competition for a spot. My take on the staff right now would be:

SP Latos
SP Cueto
SP Leake
SP Arroyo
SP Chapman

RP Bailey (long man/6th starter)
RP Arredondo
RP Bray
RP Ondrusek
RP Lecure
RP Francis
RP Marshall (closer)

I think it is even more important to keep Bailey, Chapman, & Francis around right now as they have the ability to pitch several innings and I would give Chapman the early season nod for starting.

Bailey is not going to the Pen, not going to happen, he has already said he doens't like it and given a majority of his issues pitching wise is mental, putting him down there won't work. Go with Chapman in pen who has shown he can pitch out of there...