PDA

View Full Version : Baker says he is tired

nux fan
03-30-2012, 06:19 AM
of people asking about Chapman, about stubbs, about Heisey about his lineups

well most people are TIRED of listening to his inarticulate drivel and homespun non wisdom, if he is so tired why doesnot he retire to the old age home for uselss cliches

MBZags
03-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Dusty should really just put a sock in it. He has managed in two major markets - Chicago and SF - and the Cincinnati media isn't even close to as bad.

brm7675
03-30-2012, 12:43 PM
I agree...I am so tired of Dusty..

texasdave
03-30-2012, 12:47 PM
I think Spring Training can probably get a little tedious after six or seven weeks. That being said, if Reds' management didn't handle every little decision like it was Top Secret classified, then maybe the same questions wouldn't have to be asked over and over. Fans want to know what is going on with their favorite team. It was a long winter. Expectations are high. I see nothing wrong with that.

smixsell
03-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I can't even listen to him, see his face, or read one of his quotes without coming to the verge of throwing up. :(

He is holding back this team big time. When it comes to BS, he's really deal'n out there. He's huge.......for our opponent's winning chances that is. :eek:

Old NDN
03-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Dusty seems a little more sensitive for it being this early in the (pre)season. Maybe if he didn't make so many head-scratching decisions over the course of the season, he wouldn't be questioned as much. Maybe the pressure/expectations of must-win is already getting to him? Sometimes, he needs to just shut up and coach, and quit bantering with the reporters.

dubc47834
03-30-2012, 01:30 PM
I kinda feel for ol'Krusty....the best manager is always the last one or the next one. I think he has done a decent job. I wouldn't say he is holding this team back. As far as the questions...it comes with the job.

Grouse
03-30-2012, 02:38 PM
The best way to get people to stop asking a question, is to answer it.

DirtyBaker
03-30-2012, 03:27 PM
With the season now less than 1 week away, the media wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't ask. After the spring that Chapman's having, I'd imagine national media is asking about him as well as local.

Kevin1476
03-31-2012, 10:44 PM
The media should start asking him more important questions about his wrist bands and toothpicks! Give me the Skipper at AA over Dusty, heck I would take Rick Sweet over Dusty.

joshua
04-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Just read on the ORG that Dusty was hinting that Leake might end up being the odd man out. If Dusty is tired of hearing roster questions, this was the wrong move to make to avoid being asked.

http://t.co/vlDbx33U

Assembly Hall
04-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Where is my "I Trusty in Dusty" t-shirt? lol

xavr1
04-01-2012, 08:54 AM
The fact that he was genuinely questioning reporters' need/desire to know who will close games for the Reds this season shows how out of touch he has become. Either that, or how little he cares about media perception and relations.

Old NDN
04-01-2012, 09:14 AM
The media should start asking him more important questions about his wrist bands and toothpicks! Give me the Skipper at AA over Dusty, heck I would take Rick Sweet over Dusty.

.....or about his foriegn legion-style hat/towel combo. I don't think I've seen any other MLB person with that look. He just might be on to a marketing idea.
I imagine the delay of a final roster indicates a "help wanted" sign, waiting to see who's been released by other clubs, that could help the Reds. Nothing wrong with that.

Magdal
04-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Chin up Boys....if the Reds are failing @ the ASB I expect for LaRussa to step in. You will be free of Baker and you will get to see a psychotic geezer operate on a daily basis. :D

Assembly Hall
04-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Chin up Boys....if the Reds are failing @ the ASB I expect for LaRussa to step in. You will be free of Baker and you will get to see a psychotic geezer operate on a daily basis. :D

Now that is the best post I have seen on here in a long time!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

OfficerRodFarva
04-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I can't exactly say much here, because I feel like in his position, I would be acting the very same way. No way would I ever be able to control myself from becoming highly annoyed with the media.

jwmann2
04-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Who wouldn't mind seeing Heisey in center and Ludwick in left? Chapman should be our closer with Madson out and Marshall as his setup man. Fans and the media in general are always willing to give you their two cents.