PDA

View Full Version : Reds Future Showcase

RedsFan_26
04-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Was anyone else able to make it to this game? I thought it was very fun and an idea that should be carried on for years to come.

I was able to snag a Billy Hamilton, David Vidal, Tucker Barnhart, Nick O'Shea, and Mark Fluery signature on a baseball.

It was a great time and very fun to watch..

Thoughts from anyone else who attended?

swaisuc
04-04-2012, 08:00 AM
This was really well done. I thought the level of play and intensity was better than I expected. Chapman was electric.

It was really cool seeing some of these kids up close and personal after reading about them on this forum. Billy Hamilton is going to be a fun player up here. He's already got the swagger.

justincredible
04-04-2012, 09:53 AM
We had a blast. I'm really hoping they plan on doing it every year, it was a fantastic way to start the season.

bounty37h
04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Wish I could have gone, I went to the one in Zebulon a few years back when they had the first year with Carolina. Futures won that game too. Good score on those autographs-they seemed to work as hard as possible to avoid signing at the game in Carolina-at least most of the major league squad. Was fun concept though to see the kids play against the big boys and have some success. Hate the Reds left Zebulon already, was a close chance for me to see the next round of Reds, and L-ville only comes through Durham once a season.
Oh yeah, did Fleury play any, whats the thought on hm-I enjoyed hm at UNC but wonder if he will ever relaly have chance to make it to MLB level, hope so as he is a good guy.

64red
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Sat in the scout seats. Much different view than our season tickets. Wow, Marshall has a huge breaking curve. I think Mez was a little jacked up, nearly threw one to the warning track in center after taking warm up tosses from Leake. Ballpark looked great! Glad the boys of summer are back.