PDA

View Full Version : MLB Blackout

stevekun
04-05-2012, 05:07 PM
So the reds game in Louisville is blacked out. Its not on ESPN2 or on FoxSports Ohio.

Thanks Selig. Awful that folks cant watch opening day.

Joesh
04-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah my game is blacked out in Champaign. I don't even get Fox Sports Ohio here, and yet Sportscenter is on ESPN2.

swaisuc
04-06-2012, 09:01 AM
What is the point of blacking out a sold out game that isn't on any other channel? I always hate blackouts, but at least there is usually some logic behind them.

Moosie52
04-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Whenever a Reds game is on Fox Sports Ohio, any other broadcast (ESPN, MLB, etc.) is blacked out. It's not right. It seems like the networks could figure out where Fox Sports is actually showing the game.

Captain13
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
So the reds game in Louisville is blacked out. Its not on ESPN2 or on FoxSports Ohio.

Thanks Selig. Awful that folks cant watch opening day.

I don't know what Cable/Satellite provider you use, but the game was on Insight 930 (Fox Sports HD) in Louisville yesterday.

Eric from NC
04-07-2012, 03:52 PM
I hate these blackouts. It's hard to believe they make espn and mlb network blackout games even if they are not available on local cable. Direct tv does seem to offer foxsports cincinnatti to most of the Reds broadcast territory. Even in Charlotte ( we are at the edge of the Reds territory) you can get the games with direct tv's premier package. The channel is 661 in NC. I live in condo where we time warner cable is included in our dues, but my neighborhood pizza joint is good about putting on the Reds even if I am the only who cares about the game.