PDA

View Full Version : this game is why Dusty Baker is not getting signed for next year!!!

ShaySongz
04-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Cairo should not be playing Third base late in the game, and not having a pitcher warmed up in the bullpen just in case..

Ironman92
04-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Dusty being Dusty....he'll make amends by giving ridiculous reasonings that don't make any sense.

KOBasinger
04-08-2012, 03:08 PM
I'd love to see Barry Larkin managing this team..Just sayin

jhu1321
04-08-2012, 03:11 PM
One inning too long for Arroyo. Thought he looked pretty good through six at least.

DGullett35
04-08-2012, 03:23 PM
The bullpen was used for 5.1 last night, maybe he was trying to save them we have a few games until our next off day..Who knows Arroyo may have said he was good for 1 more inning..I agree that Chapman should have pitched the 7th and 8th.(heck maybe even the 9th)..Dusty will always get the blame but before I totally give him the blame I would like to know what is said in the dugout..Also that throw by Hannigan is what started the inning in the wrong direction and I blame most of that on the fielder because he could have been able to get that..just sayin

redcat
04-08-2012, 03:40 PM
If you're sending Chapman out for two innings today, there was no reason not to get Andrusek into the game much sooner in the 7th inning. Marshall could pitch the ninth with a lead. Instead you "waste" the bullpen after getting behind.

It was obvious after the first two batters of the seventh, that Arroyo needed to be taken out.

cReds1
04-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I'd love to see Barry Larkin managing this team..Just sayin

Just because you were a very good player does not mean you will be a very good manager. See Dusty. but I want Dusty gone too.

DocRed
04-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Why is Cairo in the game to begin with? Does Rolen have in his contract to get every Sunday off? He has played 2 game in 3 days so he needs a day off?

bshall2105
04-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Why is Cairo in the game to begin with? Does Rolen have in his contract to get every Sunday off? He has played 2 game in 3 days so he needs a day off?

Hey give Rolen a break, the schedule has been rough so far.

DGullett35
04-08-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't mind letting Rolen have some days off. Id rather him playing good in August/September than burnt out or hurt. Lets face it the guy is old and needs days off almost like an aging catcher.

Ironman92
04-08-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't mind letting Rolen have some days off. Id rather him playing good in August/September than burnt out or hurt. Lets face it the guy is old and needs days off almost like an aging catcher.

But giving him days off so often doesn't guarantee anything. I'd rather they use Rolen and give him breaks when Rolen says he needs em....or is obvious. Silly to sit him today.

ShaySongz
04-08-2012, 08:59 PM
giving Rolen a break the third game of the season???!! they just had a day off two days ago..thats ridiculous pay the man play the man Cairo is insurance in case someone goes down.

Krawhitham
04-08-2012, 10:01 PM
The bullpen was used for 5.1 last night, maybe he was trying to save them we have a few games until our next off day..Who knows Arroyo may have said he was good for 1 more inning..I agree that Chapman should have pitched the 7th and 8th.(heck maybe even the 9th)..Dusty will always get the blame but before I totally give him the blame I would like to know what is said in the dugout..Also that throw by Hannigan is what started the inning in the wrong direction and I blame most of that on the fielder because he could have been able to get that..just sayin

4.1 not 5.1 bullpen innings last night

Arroyo's ERA in the 7th inning last season was 8.79. Innings 1-6 his ERA was 4.89.

Arroyo should never have come out in the 7th. 1st start of the season with the troubles he had last year in the 7th while he had already gave up 7 hits and was facing the lineup for a 4th time (Reyes was due up in the 7th).

Arroyo wants his innings, he prides himself on being an innings eater. Dusty likes to make his players happy and that is why Arroyo come out in the 7th.

But one of two things needs to happen, either Dusty realizes he is not here to make friends but to win games or at the very least have a reliever warming up when a batter reaches base on Arroyo after the 6th inning

DGullett35
04-08-2012, 10:39 PM
In one of my earlier post' I said Dusty should have had Chapman or someone else starting to get warmed up in case someone reached base..However I dont understand what you're saying Krawhitham..He had an 8.79 era in the 7th inning in 2011 but you say that he should have never came out in the 7th today???So you agree with the move that Dusty made? The only reason I can see why Dusty kept him in was because we had the pitcher spot coming up in the bottom of the inning and he didnt want to waste Chapman for only a couple batters but thats basically what he did by bringing in Ondrusek..Im no manager and i'm not trying to be but I still have no reason other than Arroyo didnt want to come out and Dusty let him make the decision. If that was the case then I do agree with you in that Dusty doesn't need to make friends. He needs to win ballgames and if in the process he's pissing the guys off then so be it..

And I dont understand the big deal of giving Rolen the day off..Its a day game after a night game, and Rolen is broke down like an aging catcher..Also most of these bench guys haven't played in a almost a week so letting them get some at-bats in won't hurt anything. actually I'm ok with it.. I actually agree with Dusty this time. Annnnd it ended up getting this team a win. Rolen did get the game-winning pinch hit. Rolen isn't going to play 150 games..maybe 100-115 if healthy

dubc47834
04-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Cairo made an outstanding play in the field also!!! It has been common practice that Rolen gets the day game after a night game off. I just don't get the hatred!!!!

Magdal
04-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Cairo made an outstanding play in the field also!!! It has been common practice that Rolen gets the day game after a night game off. I just don't get the hatred!!!!I don't see any hatred. If Cairo was better that Rolen, 3rd would be his job every day. He is not. Nobody needs an off day 3 games into the season, not even Sachel Paige.

Dusty is set in his ways, besides being an idiot.

dubc47834
04-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Its not hatred toward Cairo, its toward Dusty I was talking about. The man has been in the game forever, he has to know something!!!! Just because he doesn't call the game the way you would doesn't mean he is an idiot!!!!

texasdave
04-09-2012, 10:07 AM
I believe Krawitham meant to say that Arroyo should never have come out for the 7th. Definitely, after he coughed up the lead, he should have come out.

bmwreds31
04-09-2012, 10:10 AM
I dont mind dusty playing cairo at all. He's clutch a lot. And if this is what it takes to keep rolen healthy were lucky to have a guy like cairo to fill in and play hard. So we should utilize him.

As for dustys decisions i have no real complaints thus far.

Only thing i may have done was tie ball game go ahead run on third. And not bringing in chapman then. We needed a guy to strike somebody out in that situation to keep the game tied. Chapman is really our only guy for that case.

Who Dey Time
04-09-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't see any hatred. If Cairo was better that Rolen, 3rd would be his job every day. He is not. Nobody needs an off day 3 games into the season, not even Sachel Paige.

Dusty is set in his ways, besides being an idiot.

Typical short term thinking here with no foresight into the bigger picture. True, nobody would need a day off on game three, but the Reds need Rolen in September just as much as they do in April. If you keep running him out there with no rest he will break down. There is no reason to over use him when you have a capable backup in Cairo.

It's obvious that no matter what Dusty does, the usual suspects will come here and bash him. The same people that clamor for Chapman to go 2-3 inning in a relief appearance, for example, will be the same people that bash him for ruining his arm if he ends up on the DL. I even saw another thread that was killing him for his alleged CF-SS 1-2 in every lineup. Funny, I thought BP was leading off and Cozart off to a great start in the 2 hole.

Sorry, but I just can't stand the bashing of the manager with little to no logic supporting their continued, ridiculous claims. Same with those who want to trash Stubbs, Arroyo, etc.

malcontent
04-09-2012, 10:52 AM
I've been a Baker-basher for some time, but for some reason a strange peace has descended upon me.

I suspect it's because part of me senses a big year ahead.

DGullett35
04-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Typical short term thinking here with no foresight into the bigger picture. True, nobody would need a day off on game three, but the Reds need Rolen in September just as much as they do in April. If you keep running him out there with no rest he will break down. There is no reason to over use him when you have a capable backup in Cairo.

It's obvious that no matter what Dusty does, the usual suspects will come here and bash him. The same people that clamor for Chapman to go 2-3 inning in a relief appearance, for example, will be the same people that bash him for ruining his arm if he ends up on the DL. I even saw another thread that was killing him for his alleged CF-SS 1-2 in every lineup. Funny, I thought BP was leading off and Cozart off to a great start in the 2 hole.

Sorry, but I just can't stand the bashing of the manager with little to no logic supporting their continued, ridiculous claims. Same with those who want to trash Stubbs, Arroyo, etc.

This^ is what I meant. Thank you who dey

Ironman92
04-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Dusty seems to be a great guy. I believe he is far from a great manager. His teams approaches at the plate just don't get it done. His catering stubbornness to certain players the past few years is not something that can even be argued.

Again, I think he would be tremendous with grand kids.....but I'm beyond tired of him managing the Reds.