PDA

View Full Version : Why was Rolen playing on the grass

malcontent
04-14-2012, 12:47 AM
against Espinosa?

That would have been a routine out if he's playing back.

Cost the Reds the game.

R_Webb18
04-14-2012, 12:48 AM
bunt?

redram
04-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Na The game was lost by not using Chapman in the 8th instead of Bray, You know the guy Dusty says is still having his spring training. Makes perfect sense to use him in a one run game with Chapman ready to go. sigh!!!!!

Who Dey Time
04-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Na The game was lost by not using Chapman in the 8th instead of Bray, You know the guy Dusty says is still having his spring training. Makes perfect sense to use him in a one run game with Chapman ready to go. sigh!!!!!

Wrong. The game was lost due to the inability of the offense to generate anything productive.

Revering4Blue
04-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Wrong. The game was lost due to the inability of the offense to generate anything productive.

This.

The concerns of Redzoners--lack of left-handed bats, inconsistent offense--appear to be, at least for now, manifesting themselves.

The question:

Will the concerns be addressed from within the organization or from seeking outside help?

Ironman92
04-14-2012, 01:12 PM
against Espinosa?

That would have been a routine out if he's playing back.

Cost the Reds the game.

In my 25+ years of actively watching baseball Scott Rolen is one of the very last players I would ever question on defense.

redram
04-14-2012, 06:35 PM

The offense stinks I agree however THIS game could still have been won had we used Chapman in the 8th. Sure more runs is what we need every game, but THIS game was lost by not using Chapman when he should have been used.

Maldez
04-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Why not? I aced a physics exam on grass once.

Who Dey Time
04-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Why not? I aced a physics exam on grass once.

Did you take the exam on grass or did you take the exam "on" grass? :D

KySteveH
04-15-2012, 08:50 PM
In my 25+ years of actively watching baseball Scott Rolen is one of the very last players I would ever question on defense.

Agreed.

Reds lost this game by not scoring.