PDA

View Full Version : Good News Bad News

ShaySongz
04-15-2012, 01:01 PM
first I will start with the Bad News the Reds aren't hitting it early in the season. Bullpen is getting overused and Pitchers aren't getting deep into the games.

Good News Its Early!!! and if the Losing continues to happen Dusty will be relieved of his Duty. Which we all would enjoy. Major changes will happen in the Lineup( No Stubbs, Rolen batting 4th) Starting Rotation( No Bailey) with a new coach. Plus there will be at least 4 months to make a run at the division.

Goose
04-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Good News, Heisey is getting a chance to start in CF for Stubbs.
Bad News, Reds are facing a lefthander.

ShaySongz
04-15-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't see why Votto has to be cemented in the three spot...I would flip him with Rolen..he walks alot and Rolen is not a 90+ RBI guy anymore

Ironman92
04-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Scott Rolen has to move down....not up.

I want Votto hitting every single 1st inning this year.

RedsBrick
04-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Scott Rolen has to move down....not up.

I want Votto hitting every single 1st inning this year.

Yes, you have to give Votto a chance to produce in the first inning.

malcontent
04-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Good News, Heisey is getting a chance to start in CF for Stubbs.
Bad News, Reds are facing a lefthander.
It's really incredible.

Baker manages as if he has no bleeping idea what a guy's splits are.

Soooo glad when he's gone.

improbus
04-15-2012, 09:20 PM
It could be worse. Here are some fun and sad Pirates numbers through 8 games:
1.75 Runs Per Game
8 K's for every BB
85 AB's per HR
4.4% of their PA's result in an Extra Base hit.
19% of their Fly Balls stay in the infield
3% of their fly balls go for HR's
21.3 AB per RBI.

Poor Andrew McCutchen....

UPRedsFan
04-16-2012, 02:37 PM
More good news:

Latos won't continue to struggle
Bruce and Votto will heat up
Masset is on the way
Chapman will go into the rotation for the 2nd half push

Ohioballplayer
04-16-2012, 03:20 PM
when I look at the stats, it seems the pitching has struggled more than the hitting, but I am sure someone will disagree.

swaisuc
04-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes, you have to give Votto a chance to produce in the first inning.

Even if most of those AB's are with 2 outs and nobody on? Seems like a terrible time for your best OBP hitter to be up.

swaisuc
04-16-2012, 03:32 PM
when I look at the stats, it seems the pitching has struggled more than the hitting, but I am sure someone will disagree.

Ok, I'll bite.

We rank 8th in ERA and 13th in runs scored despite playing over half our games in GABP. Tell me what stats you're looking at.

texasdave
04-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Even if most of those AB's are with 2 outs and nobody on? Seems like a terrible time for your best OBP hitter to be up.

I see your point. I would just counter by saying that there is never a bad time for Joey Votto to be coming to the plate.

ShaySongz
04-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Rolen is terrible in that 4th spot!!! either move Ludwick up or move Rolen ahead of Votto. Votto led the league in walks last year. But did the Reds take advantage of it?? NO so why put him on base with a .200 hitter batting behind him. He never gets a chance to swing. If I was the opposing manager. I would Make Rolen beat me the whole series..Pretty good chance I win 2 of 3 or 3 of 4. Washington Nats didn't let Votto hurt them at all this series untill the fourth game only because TWO base runners were on base. How often does that happen????? Move Votto down!!! One spot

ShaySongz
04-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Votto had more Walks than RBI's last year...