PDA

View Full Version : D. Meseraco Apprecitation Thread

bmwreds31
04-16-2012, 10:51 AM
I applaud the hell out of him. Really enjoy his intensity on and in the dug out. Reminds me their really are still ball players left and not a bunch of over-paid pre-madonnas.

I dont think his stats are really shining but he's putting the bat on the ball and a lot of times its good hard hit balls.

I think as long mesearcos bat comes around like i think it will him/hanigan duo will be one of the few spots this year offensively where i think we will have improved upon.

Who Dey Time
04-16-2012, 11:02 AM
I applaud the hell out of him. Really enjoy his intensity on and in the dug out. Reminds me their really are still ball players left and not a bunch of over-paid pre-madonnas.

I dont think his stats are really shining but he's putting the bat on the ball and a lot of times its good hard hit balls.

I think as long mesearcos bat comes around like i think it will him/hanigan duo will be one of the few spots this year offensively where i think we will have improved upon.

Mesoraco will basically be a disaster this year offensively but that is to be expected. In the long run, he should turn into a very good offensive player.

Defensively he is already solid and will continue to improve.

In 2012 though, I expect to see more Hanigan as Mesoraco will have his struggles.

malcontent
04-16-2012, 11:16 AM
I would have definitely kept Grandal over Mesoraco.

Better OBP, and a SH which the Reds need.

But I do hope the scouts were right and Mesoraco starts to hit.

joshua
04-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah, choosing between Mes and Grandal was tough. I would've tried to keep him and see if he could switch to a position that's not C or 1B...but it is what it is. Its basically a crapshoot when trying to predict which one would be better. If forced, I would have to pick Grandal. We still have Tucker down there in case Mes doesn't work out after a few seasons.

Mesoraco's going to take awhile before he starts hitting well in the majors, which is fine by me. I'd ratger he focus on defense. I see him topping out as a Ramon Hernandez more than I do a Johnny Bench or Mike Piazza. Of course I hope I'm wrong about his hitting, but I just don't see it.

bmwreds31
04-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Well i doubt he ever becomes a mike Piazza. But at least as good offensively as a Yodier Turdlina.