PDA

View Full Version : One way to bolster attendance.....

jhu1321
04-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Start Chapman. I know theres more to fielding a winning club than attendance but I think Chapman would sell out the park every time he pitched. This would hopefully allow us to increase payroll and put some other pieces in place around our nucleus of singed guys........ and a lot of the increased revenue could presumably go to Chapman when he hits arbitration / FA years.:beerme:

bmwreds31
04-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Thats an easy one. WIN....WIN......and win again. Its just as simple as that.

brm7675
04-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Start Chapman. I know theres more to fielding a winning club than attendance but I think Chapman would sell out the park every time he pitched. This would hopefully allow us to increase payroll and put some other pieces in place around our nucleus of singed guys........ and a lot of the increased revenue could presumably go to Chapman when he hits arbitration / FA years.:beerme:

But starting him means he only pitches every fifth day...in the pen he can pitch every other day....:thumbup:

jhu1321
04-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Yes but from an attendance standpoint he won't be a draw in this role bc you never know if he's going to pitch. In the rotation you can count on every fifth day and fans can expect it and come to the park. Not saying he's the only reason to come out but man, if I make the drive from Columbus I'd try to plan to see one of the big three (preferably Chapman).

brm7675
04-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes but from an attendance standpoint he won't be a draw in this role bc you never know if he's going to pitch. In the rotation you can count on every fifth day and fans can expect it and come to the park. Not saying he's the only reason to come out but man, if I make the drive from Columbus I'd try to plan to see one of the big three (preferably Chapman).

Given how Dusty is using him it's not to hard to know the chances of seeing him out of the pen. Plus out of the pen the potential for more game impact is there...