PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Devin M?

brm7675
04-17-2012, 05:15 PM
We are 10 games in and our young rookie catcher has something like 12 plate appearances? I like Hannigan and think he is a good player, but we need to get Devin in there more or send him down to AAA and bring up Corky to ride the bench...

Stray
04-17-2012, 06:00 PM
He's started in 4 out of 10 games, no? That's about what I expected going into the year.

brm7675
04-17-2012, 06:10 PM
He's started in 4 out of 10 games, no? That's about what I expected going into the year.

Sorry but that is just not good enough. He needs to be playing in a minimum of 60% of the games, a young player like that needs to play to improve.

Stray
04-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Sorry but that is just not good enough. He needs to be playing in a minimum of 60% of the games, a young player like that needs to play to improve.

Well he's not really helping himself either. He gets himself out on first pitches way too often and he hasn't exactly been calling great games or anything. You also have to consider that some of our pitchers are more comfortable working with Hanigan at this point, and that's the most important thing.

Assembly Hall
04-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm......maybe he can be like Johnny Bench. Play him at third.:D

arkimadee
04-17-2012, 08:37 PM
We should have never let Razor go. Huge mistake

Ironman92
04-17-2012, 09:27 PM
We are 10 games in and our young rookie catcher has something like 12 plate appearances? I like Hannigan and think he is a good player, but we need to get Devin in there more or send him down to AAA and bring up Corky to ride the bench...

Dusty is a touch.....a touch loyal to veteran players....except for Stubbs of course.

Ironman92
04-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Well he's not really helping himself either. He gets himself out on first pitches way too often and he hasn't exactly been calling great games or anything. You also have to consider that some of our pitchers are more comfortable working with Hanigan at this point, and that's the most important thing.

The post does make good sense....but Dustyball loves the early swinging and if a MLB pitcher can't pitch to any MLB catcher.....not sure he has the mental makeup to be very successful.