PDA

View Full Version : Doom Merchants

bcmachine
04-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Well, I've gone from one feeling to the other after that game. At first, I was intensely annoyed at how we had lost another extra-inning affair, and for the life of me could not understand why Chapman or Marshall weren't even involved. Why not have your two best relief pitchers available in a 1-1 game against your most bitter division rivals in extra innings?

After I calmed down a bit, I realized that we were one hit away from winning the game before extra innings, and maybe a bit unlucky against, it must be said, the World Series champs.

Now I don't know what to think. I do know that we can't keep giving away games like that to the Cards, or the division is over before it began. The funny thing is that other than Votto, Cozart, Mesoraco and Valdez seem to be the only ones who care. The others seems to be going through the motions a bit, not necessarily out of lack of motivation but perhaps lack of a real motivator.

I like Dusty as a person, but I am starting to feel that the team needs a managerial shakeup. We need a change of approach. I can't help but think that the players may be starting to feel the same way.

None of us want to be a doom merchant, but things are not looking very good at the moment. A marathon a baseball season may be, but you can't keep up with your competitors, let alone complete it, if you can't keep your footing from the start.

DocRed
04-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Even if you are a Dusty supporter I think its hard not to see that this team needs a shakeup.

will5979
04-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Terry Francona.