PDA

View Full Version : Start sitting players

texasdave
04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
From Dusty Baker:

“We’re playing just good enough to lose. We’ve got to execute. We practice and practice and talk about things. It’s just not happening now.

Maybe the time for talking and talking is over. If a player doesn't execute then maybe he needs to sit a game. It is pretty obvious that the method they are trying now isn't working. Try something different for a change. Shake things up a little. What could it possibly hurt? No, I think there will probably just be more talking. And more failed execution.

brm7675
04-18-2012, 01:41 PM
From Dusty Baker:

Maybe the time for talking and talking is over. If a player doesn't execute then maybe he needs to sit a game. It is pretty obvious that the method they are trying now isn't working. Try something different for a change. Shake things up a little. What could it possibly hurt? No, I think there will probably just be more talking. And more failed execution.

Sit players...what are you MAD?:laugh:

What's next..shake up the batting order?

Stray
04-18-2012, 01:57 PM
If we sat the guys who are struggling I'm not sure we could field a complete team.

OGB
04-18-2012, 02:05 PM
I want to see Frazier start tonight, and if he hits, I want to see him stay in the lineup until he stops.

texasdave
04-18-2012, 02:09 PM
If we sat the guys who are struggling I'm not sure we could field a complete team.

I am not really talking about players who are struggling. I am talking about players that fail in getting the fundamentals done, such as not getting a bunt down, etc. I read the quote as Baker saying that the player's were not executing plays they were asked to execute. Plays that they have practiced over and over. Maybe I read it wrong.

uteroasis
04-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I want to see Frazier start tonight, and if he hits, I want to see him stay in the lineup until he stops.

Completely agree. We brought the kid up when he was starting to heat up in Lousiville. At least his bat isn't certifiably cold at this point.

smixsell
04-18-2012, 03:52 PM
I agree wholeheartedly but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Crusty doesn't sit players for poor performances, he moves them into key areas of the batting order in order to "get them going."

The creme de la creme was when he didn't sit Brandon for getting picked off second base with no one out in the 11th inning of our 14 inning game against the Phils BECAUSE HE WAS BUSY JOKING WITH ROLLINS AND NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE GAME.

If you don't sit a guy for that you don't sit a guy EVER, and that's the message he has ben sending out his entire tenure with the Reds, that there simply IS NO ACCOUINTABILITY. It's a message our players have received loud and clear

malcontent
04-18-2012, 04:09 PM
I'll second that.

Though I see now that uteroasis already did.

malcontent
04-18-2012, 04:10 PM
I agree wholeheartedly but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Crusty doesn't sit players for poor performances, he moves them into key areas of the batting order in order to "get them going."

The creme de la creme was when he didn't sit Brandon for getting picked off second base with no one out in the 11th inning of our 14 inning game against the Phils BECAUSE HE WAS BUSY JOKING WITH ROLLINS AND NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO THE GAME.

If you don't sit a guy for that you don't sit a guy EVER, and that's the message he has ben sending out his entire tenure with the Reds, that there simply IS NO ACCOUINTABILITY. It's a message our players have received loud and clear
I couldn't agree more.