PDA

View Full Version : Gave up...

brm7675
04-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I keep hearing, reading and such that the team has either given up or gave up last night. I would love someone to prove this. We are playing bad ball right now, nothing more, nothing less...this idea they gave up or have given up is just plain foolish and insulting to the players.

jhu1321
04-19-2012, 12:45 PM
I keep hearing, reading and such that the team has either given up or gave up last night. I would love someone to prove this. We are playing bad ball right now, nothing more, nothing less...this idea they gave up or have given up is just plain foolish and insulting to the players.

Uhhmmm yeah, teams don't give up 12 games into a season. I will say this: Votto looks pissed, as he should be. Would love to see Votto step up into a leadership roll during this rough stretch.

smixsell
04-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Uhhmmm yeah, teams don't give up 12 games into a season. I will say this: Votto looks pissed, as he should be. Would love to see Votto step up into a leadership roll during this rough stretch.

I'd be pissed too if I had just signed a long term contract with this team and an "anti-manager" had almost finished his work of turning this team into the sloppiest bunch in the majors.

Falcon7
04-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Mr. $20,000,000+ a year man is not exactly tearing the cover off the ball. When is the last time he turned on an inside fastball and hit it 20 rows deep in the right field seats?

They are pitching him inside all the time, it's time to turn on one Joey.

dubc47834
04-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Mr. $20,000,000+ a year man is not exactly tearing the cover off the ball. When is the last time he turned on an inside fastball and hit it 20 rows deep in the right field seats?

It's not that easy brotha....That's why your at home watching the Reds and he is at the ballpark playing for the Reds!!!!!! he is doing just fine.

:beerme:

Maker_84
04-19-2012, 05:36 PM
They haven't given up.....they just suck that bad which is almost worse

R_Webb18
04-19-2012, 05:38 PM

its not like he ever did this that much.

Falcon7
04-19-2012, 07:27 PM
It's not that easy brotha....That's why your at home watching the Reds and he is at the ballpark playing for the Reds!!!!!! he is doing just fine.

No, not easy at all.
Carlos Beltran did it twice this series. Pretty common for elite hitters to pull one out of the yard every now and then. Don't ya think?
I think he's on pace to hit about 12 hr's this year.

joshua
04-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Joey is a slow starter. He's a player that 29 other teams would kill to have. And he's never going to win a home run derby, but he is going to make great contact, hit .300, OBP above .400, hit around 30 dingers drive in 100+ RBIs and play gold glove first base. If you to completely focus on the amount of home runs someone hits and completely disregard the rest of their game then go root for the Rangers and get out of here.

Falcon7
04-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Joey is a slow starter. He's a player that 29 other teams would kill to have. And he's never going to win a home run derby, but he is going to make great contact, hit .300, OBP above .400, hit around 30 dingers drive in 100+ RBIs and play gold glove first base. If you to completely focus on the amount of home runs someone hits and completely disregard the rest of their game then go root for the Rangers and get out of here.

Just expressing my opinion, is that ok with you?