PDA

View Full Version : It's time to trade Chapman

brm7675
04-19-2012, 06:15 PM
For whatever reason the Reds just have no real "plan" for this kid and with how well he is looking right now, I would look into seeing what kind of return they can get and move this kid NOW. Paired up with maybe a young player we might be able to add some bench depth or even maybe a quality LF with a bat...but keeping Chapman on the roster is just a waste...

TheBigLebowski
04-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Ok...what?

dubc47834
04-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Dude is kidding.....right!!!

Ohayou
04-19-2012, 06:59 PM
It's time for all of you to stop flooding this forum with useless threads.

brm7675
04-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Dude is kidding.....right!!!

Not at all. You have 30 million tied up into a player that pitched something like 60 innings last year in a set up role and has what like 6 or so innings pitched so far this year. That is just not worth the monies. If he is not going to start and be used, then use him to get you something that will be used. I would much rather see him in the rotation, but that is never going to happen as there will always be someone missing from the pen requiring Chapman to sit down there and pitch every 3rd day at best for an inning maybe two. Waste and we could be better suited by trading him.

brm7675
04-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Giants need a closer, lets see what they might be willing to part with to get chapman...

ShaySongz
04-19-2012, 07:03 PM
this is a moronic post!!!

brm7675
04-19-2012, 07:05 PM
this is a moronic post!!!

Why? Exaclty "how" is Chapman helping this team by sitting in the bullpen?

ShaySongz
04-19-2012, 07:08 PM
GM's are selling their soul for a Lefthanded pitcher with the potential of Chapman and you wanna trade him for Bench warmers????!!!

ShaySongz
04-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Chapman is in the Bullpen because they don't wanna part ways with Bailey Period!!! You don't trade a bonifide pitcher for Bench warmers if you wanna win a world series..hold tight until Bailey blows it

brm7675
04-19-2012, 07:16 PM
GM's are selling their soul for a Lefthanded pitcher with the potential of Chapman and you wanna trade him for Bench warmers????!!!

Didn't say bench warmers, I would expect a starting player of quality. I wouldn't give him away but I would be shopping him.

brm7675
04-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Chapman is in the Bullpen because they don't wanna part ways with Bailey Period!!! You don't trade a bonifide pitcher for Bench warmers if you wanna win a world series..hold tight until Bailey blows it

So Bailey blows it, they won't put Chapman in his spot, they will call up Francis. Dusty has shown he doesn't feel Chapman is starter materail.

Todd Gack
04-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Please stop with the overreactions. Aroldis can only give us 5 innings right now anyway. Be patient. He'll be in the rotation soon enough.

ShaySongz
04-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Dusty won't be around for long anyway to make that call!!

brm7675
04-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Please stop with the overreactions.

What overreaction? Chapman has been with the Reds now since 2010, and he has pitched how much? We just played the defending champs and he got into how many of those games and pitched? Exactly what is the point of having that talent if you are just going to let it throw 8 pitches here, 12 pitches there and then nothing for days? You don't see it as a waste?

I mean come on if Dusty isn't going to use him, then why not get a player who dusty would use and help the team?

brm7675
04-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Dusty won't be around for long anyway to make that call!!

Bob loves Dusty...he aint going anywhere..

Mutaman
04-19-2012, 07:36 PM
It's time for all of you to stop flooding this forum with useless threads.

Agreed ! Make it stop.

brm7675
04-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Agreed ! Make it stop.

So you are okay with Chapman's minimal usage last year and so far this year?

UPRedsFan
04-19-2012, 08:04 PM
I think you're being provocative to make a point. I don't think you really want to trade Chapman. I think you want him in the rotation. Here's the thing. Put him in rotation now and he runs out of innings and wears down by September. And what do you do with Bailey or Leake to make room? And worse, what do you do in the 7th/8th inning of tight games to protect a 1 run lead? There's no Masset and no Bray.

Be patient. He'll be in there eventually. Maybe in June when he'll still have lots of innings left to finish the season and post season. And when Masset and Bray are hopefully back.

Votto4MVP
04-19-2012, 08:33 PM
BRM is the reason this forum sucks.

Moderators, if you want more people to come here and make this board better, you would ban this troll.

AintlifeGrande
04-19-2012, 09:01 PM
30 mill is a lot to pay for a set up man.Lets hope sooner rather than later he is in the rotation.Imagine the swagger he would bring to this team,going out on the road and dominating.

joshua
04-19-2012, 09:05 PM
I'd trade Chapman for Pablo Sandoval and top five prospect.

improbus
04-19-2012, 09:16 PM
30 mill is a lot to pay for a set up man.Lets hope sooner rather than later he is in the rotation.Imagine the swagger he would bring to this team,going out on the road and dominating.
Mariano Rivera was John Wetteland's setup guy for a few years. That was a nice investment by the Yanks.

Mutaman
04-19-2012, 09:18 PM

the Reds have played 13 games and Chapman has appeared in 5. I know some of you guys want him to pitch in every game, and I know you'll be the first to complain and second guesss when he hurts himself.

improbus
04-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Also, trading him now would be like trading A.J. Green because he only had 1 catch vs. the Browns in week 1.

Mutaman
04-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Mariano Rivera was John Wetteland's setup guy for a few years. That was a nice investment by the Yanks.

:thumbup: In 1996 when Mariano was set up man, the Yankees won the world Campionship and many felt Rivera was a main reason why. As a set up man, Rivera finished third in Cy Young voting that year. Commentator and former player Tim McCarver wrote that the Yankees "revolutionized baseball" that year with Rivera, "a middle reliever who should have been on the All-Star team and who was a legitimate MVP candidate."

Its amazing how Reds fans downplay the importance of middle relief pitching. I assume most are too young to remember the importance of Charlton and Dibble back in 1990.

bengalsown
04-19-2012, 09:51 PM
This is about as pathetic as all the posters here last year saying they were ready to trade Chapman, and that they were tired of the "spectacle"

:lol::lol::laugh::laugh::laugh:

dubc47834
04-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Can we trade some of the people that post on here for say........a bag of popcorn!!!

RedsFan_26
04-19-2012, 10:07 PM
This is the highlight of my day:D

I'm sorry, but this post flabbergasted me... it makes no sense

Your suggesting trading chapman for bench depth and that we have all this money tied up with him??? We owe the guy 2 million the next 2 years, 3 million the year after that then 5 million... Not exactly big time money.

Chapman has the best stuff and the most potential on this team, this post is naive and moronic.

All i have to say is i'm glad Walt's in that high chair and not you good sir

Sir Luke
04-19-2012, 10:14 PM
For whatever reason the Reds just have no real "plan" for this kid and with how well he is looking right now, I would look into seeing what kind of return they can get and move this kid NOW. Paired up with maybe a young player we might be able to add some bench depth or even maybe a quality LF with a bat...but keeping Chapman on the roster is just a waste...

Hey, that's a Łucking terrible idea!

New York Red
04-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Not at all. You have 30 million tied up into a player that pitched something like 60 innings last year in a set up role and has what like 6 or so innings pitched so far this year. That is just not worth the monies. If he is not going to start and be used, then use him to get you something that will be used. I would much rather see him in the rotation, but that is never going to happen as there will always be someone missing from the pen requiring Chapman to sit down there and pitch every 3rd day at best for an inning maybe two. Waste and we could be better suited by trading him.
When we're in the heat of a playoff spot five months from now and we have a fresh Chapman making hitters look like fools, you'll regret posts like this. I see in today's game thread you have already given up on this team and will no longer support them, so why even start this thread?

New York Red
04-19-2012, 10:31 PM
No need to waste the kid's arm early in his career. The Reds are thinking longterm with him, as they should. You need to have some patience. Chapman isn't pitching more because we lost 8 of our first 12 games. Other pitchers need work too, like Marshall today. Relax, bro, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

:beerme:

AintlifeGrande
04-19-2012, 10:36 PM

Yeah and the Yanks could afford to pay them a ton to be set up men.

AintlifeGrande
04-19-2012, 10:39 PM

Moderators, if you want more people to come here and make this board better, you would ban this troll.

BRM can be a bit of a lightening rod at times,but no way should he be removed.

drowg14
04-19-2012, 10:41 PM
I agree whole-heartedly with the OP. I have actually had this discussion many times with my friends. Either use him properly, or try to get a big haul with him. They have had 2 years to stretch him out as a starter in AAA. Using him as a setup man during the 2010 pennant run is understandable. Doing the same with him last year as we fell further and further back in the standings is another. If management refuses to do what's right with him, than why not try to acquire a LF or 3B who can hit in the middle of the order.

Edit... I should add that my choice would be to keep him and start him.

Who Dey Time
04-19-2012, 10:59 PM
In no way is trading Chapman a legitimate thought for anyone who has a clue of what they are talking about.

Redsnake
04-19-2012, 11:15 PM
BRM and I have not seen eye to eye on most topics. However, his points have merit. It's time to stoke the fire before the rain of dispare floods our hopes.

brm7675
04-19-2012, 11:20 PM

So since I want to trade a player whom is hardly used for some talent Dusty might use I am a troll? Sorry but I see no reason to carry someone with the trade value he has if u are not going to use him. Why keep him?

brm7675
04-19-2012, 11:22 PM
When we're in the heat of a playoff spot five months from now and we have a fresh Chapman making hitters look like fools, you'll regret posts like this. I see in today's game thread you have already given up on this team and will no longer support them, so why even start this thread?

What in Dustys history leads u to believe he willusehim correctly?

R_Webb18
04-19-2012, 11:24 PM
u do realize ppl spend 30 mil on bullpen ppl?

brm7675
04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
In no way is trading Chapman a legitimate thought for anyone who has a clue of what they are talking about.

Why? Please explain how with Dusty this kids talent will be maximized? How do u go through the entire Cards series and not use once your best pitcher?

brm7675
04-19-2012, 11:28 PM
u do realize ppl spend 30 mil on bullpen ppl?

And they use them. Right now after 12 games why has he been used less then a bullpen pitcher that Dusty said was not ready to pitch in big situtations.

brm7675
04-19-2012, 11:33 PM
This is the highlight of my day:D

I'm sorry, but this post flabbergasted me... it makes no sense

Your suggesting trading chapman for bench depth and that we have all this money tied up with him??? We owe the guy 2 million the next 2 years, 3 million the year after that then 5 million... Not exactly big time money.

Chapman has the best stuff and the most potential on this team, this post is naive and moronic.

All i have to say is i'm glad Walt's in that high chair and not you good sir

Chapman may be the best pitcher on this team...so what if he hardly ever gets into the game. Do u really believe the Reds are maximizing his abilities?

Who Dey Time
04-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Why? Please explain how with Dusty this kids talent will be maximized? How do u go through the entire Cards series and not use once your best pitcher?

You just answered your own question....on what planet does anyone trade their best pitcher unless they are in a contract year with no hope of returning?

You want to try and over analyze what is happening and there are those that answer any question about the pitching staff with the words Aroldis Chapman. The facts are that Chapman and the team are in a tough spot with Bailey being out of options, Masset being out, and Bray struggling.

Eventually, once all this is sorted out Chapman will be in the rotation. The idea that his talents will not be utilized is silly. They already have been this season (5 apps in 13 games). As usual, though, you over react to something that happened or in this case did not happen within a very short window.

texasdave
04-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Chapman did not have the opportunity to come into a game in the Cardinal series. He pitched two innings in the last game against Washington so that meant he was out for game one. The Reds got their butts kicked in game 2 so why use him there? No reason. And the Reds won game 3 (Yes, I was surprised too.) so what is the point of using him there? Again, no reason. No need to have his arm falling off by the ASG. Rest him when you can.

RedsFan_26
04-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Chapman may be the best pitcher on this team...so what if he hardly ever gets into the game. Do u really believe the Reds are maximizing his abilities?

No i don't believe that. That doesn't mean you trade him for bench depth? I think further along he will become a starter, he is so young right now, there is no reason to rush him into the starting role, if anything else this is good experience and will help him in the long run when he becomes a starter.

By the way on your "he never gets in" point, he leads the team in innings pitched for relievers with 8.0

RedsFan_26
04-19-2012, 11:58 PM
So since I want to trade a player whom is hardly used for some talent Dusty might use I am a troll? Sorry but I see no reason to carry someone with the trade value he has if u are not going to use him. Why keep him?

Your argument makes no sense!? CHAPMAN LEADS THE REDS RELIEVERS IN INNINGS PITCHED. We are not spending that much money at all on him what so ever?

brm7675
04-19-2012, 11:59 PM
Chapman did not have the opportunity to come into a game in the Cardinal series. He pitched two innings in the last game against Washington so that meant he was out for game one. The Reds got their butts kicked in game 2 so why use him there? No reason. And the Reds won game 3 (Yes, I was surprised too.) so what is the point of using him there? Again, no reason. No need to have his arm falling off by the ASG. Rest him when you can.

They had Monday off and if he can't go on a days rest with how pitches he threw on Sunday then what happens when we need him in back to back games or in the playoffs?

brm7675
04-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Your argument makes no sense!? CHAPMAN LEADS THE REDS RELIEVERS IN INNINGS PITCHED. We are not spending that much money at all on him what so ever?

30 million isn't that much? How many games has Logan or Bray pitched in?

texasdave
They had Monday off and if he can't go on a days rest with how pitches he threw on Sunday then what happens when we need him in back to back games or in the playoffs?

This is the second week of April. The way you want to abuse him he won't be available in the playoffs. There is a big difference in could he go and should he go. Maybe one day you will understand that difference.

Who Dey Time

It's not a matter of can or can't. It's a matter of should or should not at this point. I'll venture to say that going back to back days in the playoffs is more viable than doing so in mid-April.

texasdave
04-20-2012, 12:02 AM
It's not a matter of can or can't. It's a matter of should or should not at this point. I'll venture to say that going back to back days in the playoffs is more viable than doing so in mid-April.

I believe I just posted that. :)

Who Dey Time
I believe I just posted that. :)

Great minds think alike....and apparently at the exact same time. :thumbup:

brm7675
No i don't believe that. That doesn't mean you trade him for bench depth? I think further along he will become a starter, he is so young right now, there is no reason to rush him into the starting role, if anything else this is good experience and will help him in the long run when he becomes a starter.

By the way on your "he never gets in" point, he leads the team in innings pitched for relievers with 8.0

I trade him for talent that makes us an overall better team and players Dusty will actually use.

Stray
04-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Haha this is such a typical brm thread. He's our best pitcher in the bullpen, has been lights out when he's in, and he's eventually headed to our rotation. But of course it makes sense to trade him. Right.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 12:04 AM
This is the second week of April. The way you want to abuse him he won't be available in the playoffs. There is a big difference in could he go and should he go. Maybe one day you will understand that difference.

What abuse...I want him in the rotation not setting in the pen wasting away.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Haha this is such a typical brm thread. He's our best pitcher in the bullpen, has been lights out when he's in, and he's eventually headed to our rotation. But of course it makes sense to trade him. Right.

What proof do you have he will ever be in the rotation?

Who Dey Time
04-20-2012, 12:07 AM
What proof do you have he will ever be in the rotation?

Jocketty and Baker have both stated that he is going to end up there. But for the time being with the roster and injury situation he best fits in the pen.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 12:07 AM

Pitchers pitch..having them sit and do nothing is not good...ask any major league pitcher.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Jocketty and Baker have both stated that he is going to end up there. But for the time being with the roster and injury situation he best fits in the pen.

And u believe them? What in anything either have said lends u to buy what they say?

Who Dey Time
04-20-2012, 12:11 AM
And u believe them? What in anything either have said lends u to buy what they say?

Really? So the fact that he started most of the spring and went long and has gone multiple innings in his relief appearances doesn't ring a bell with you?

Apparently not. According to you they are just lying I guess.

texasdave
04-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Pitchers pitch..having them sit and do nothing is not good...ask any major league pitcher.

Let's ask Logan Ondrusek what good all that pitching he did in early 2011 did for him. When his arm was hanging by a thread. Pitchers pitch. Priceless.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Really? So the fact that he started most of the spring and went long and has gone multiple innings in his relief appearances doesn't ring a bell with you?

Apparently not. According to you they are just lying I guess.

Yep..where is he pitching now? Where did he pitch last season? You can not trust either of them.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Let's ask Logan Ondrusek what good all that pitching he did in early 2011 did for him. When his arm was hanging by a thread. Pitchers pitch. Priceless.

Jeff Brantley and Chris Welchs words..and I think they may know a bit more then either of us.

Stray
04-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Yep..where is he pitching now? Where did he pitch last season? You can not trust either of them.

Do you just choose to see what you want to see? Looking at the events that have lead to Chapman in the bullpen this year kind of explains itself. It's not rocket science or anything. Bunch of injuries in the pen so he's there to help, and help is exactly what he's done. 2 wins and absolutely dominant performances when called.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Do you just choose to see what you want to see? Looking at the events that have lead to Chapman in the bullpen this year kind of explains itself. It's not rocket science or anything. Bunch of injuries in the pen so he's there to help, and help is exactly what he's done. 2 wins and absolutely dominant performances when called.

Bunch? Nick and whom else? Also r u saying we have zero other options in our system to pitch an inning here or there?

Who Dey Time
04-20-2012, 12:17 AM

There really is no point in debating this with you if you are going to actually try to claim this. The premise of the thread was ridiculous and has been shot down completely. I'll leave it at that or at least wait until you start a thread with your next completely irrational premise.

texasdave
04-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Bunch? Nick and whom else? Also r u saying we have zero other options in our system to pitch an inning here or there?

Oh, I don't know. Some scrub named Madson. Maybe you have heard of him? If not ask Brantley or Welch. They can set you straight. Maybe. Okay, doubtful.

RedsFan_26
04-20-2012, 12:21 AM
30 million isn't that much? How many games has Logan or Bray pitched in?

To us it is, but spread out over a 6 year deal when he is going to get paid 2 million the next 2 years then 3 million then 5 million is not alot conisdering a 90 or so million dollar payroll..

Chapman has pitched more innings than bray or logan

joshua
04-20-2012, 12:27 AM
So. Now that I half-assed mentioned it...who could we trade to the Giants for Pablo Sandoval? Janish + Stubbs + Frazier? I'd do it.

I think that idea is much more interesting than watching this cat fight.

texasdave
04-20-2012, 12:36 AM
So. Now that I half-assed mentioned it...who could we trade to the Giants for Pablo Sandoval? Janish + Stubbs + Frazier? I'd do it.

I think that idea is much more interesting than watching this cat fight.

Of course you would do it. Which is exactly why the Giants wouldn't. First, why would the Giants want to get rid of Sandoval. Second, do you really think that is a fair offer?

Mutaman
04-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Wow can you imagine rooting for a team with an actual switch hitter? All those years with Pete spoiled me.

joshua
04-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Of course you would do it. Which is exactly why the Giants wouldn't. First, why would the Giants want to get rid of Sandoval. Second, do you really think that is a fair offer?

No. I just like typing Pablo Sandoval. Try it.

texasdave
04-20-2012, 07:17 AM
No. I just like typing Pablo Sandoval. Try it.

Would you take Janish, Frazier and Stubbs for Sandoval if you were the Giants GM?

will5979
04-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Ok I've chimed in a little late here, but since it is 4/20 and there are people saying trade Chapman, all I can say is DON'T DRINK THE BONG WATER!

brm7675
04-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Ok I've chimed in a little late here, but since it is 4/20 and there are people saying trade Chapman, all I can say is DON'T DRINK THE BONG WATER!

What if say the Sox were willing to offer up their OF who right now is hurt for Chapman straight up?

realistic
04-20-2012, 05:15 PM
id actually agree. if hes not going to be a starting pitcher before the break trade him to an AL team that will pay well for a #1 starter

brm7675
04-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Well he threw 14 pitches today, 10 for strikes and now probably won't be able to go either Sat or sunday...glad we needed him today...

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Oh, I don't know. Some scrub named Madson. Maybe you have heard of him? If not ask Brantley or Welch. They can set you straight. Maybe. Okay, doubtful.

Lol....nice try, Madson is on the DL and done for the year.

Stray
04-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Well he threw 14 pitches today, 10 for strikes and now probably won't be able to go either Sat or sunday...glad we needed him today...

You complain when we use him and you complain when we don't.

Votto4MVP
04-20-2012, 05:38 PM

Trollolololol.

I come on here every now and then to read the ORG forum and on occasion come here to post. This guy is the reason I dont, and I know a few others who have the same opinion. Get rid of him or you will lose good posters.

CU2morrownite
04-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Reds need to look for a right handed power bat between Votto and Bruce. Chapman might bring that sort of value. Rolen and and Luddy (tho' better than Rolen) are killing this team at clean up.

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 05:51 PM
You don't trade Chappy.... Won't happen!!! And if you did listen to offers, you make it know that we want a kings ransom. My opinion is don't trade him, he will get his chance to start. He is just a victim of circumstance with injury to Madson.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 05:58 PM
You complain when we use him and you complain when we don't.

I complain when I see a pitcher of his quality being misused...

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 05:59 PM
I complain when I see a pitcher of his quality being misused...

No, you just complain!

brm7675
04-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Trollolololol.

I come on here every now and then to read the ORG forum and on occasion come here to post. This guy is the reason I dont, and I know a few others who have the same opinion. Get rid of him or you will lose good posters.

Hey if you are okay with the abuse/misuse of an extreme talent like Chapman by Dusty and the Reds then that is your right, I refuse to sit back and not say something. I feel sorry that you can't see the issue here.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 06:03 PM
No, you just complain!

Again not true. I believe I was the only one here this past offseason supporting both Stubbs and Bronson while everyone was bashing them as horrible and players that needed to be removed from the team. I support good quality decision making and doing whatever it takes to make this team better.

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Again not true. I believe I was the only one here this past offseason supporting both Stubbs and Bronson while everyone was bashing them as horrible and players that needed to be removed from the team. I support good quality decision making and doing whatever it takes to make this team better.

If you go back and look at your past post, you will see more complaining than defending.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 06:10 PM
If you go back and look at your past post, you will see more complaining than defending.

Lets see I complained about Dusty....which everyone here has. What "player" have I complained about? In this case I am not complaining about the player, but the misuse of him by this franchise. Is it NOT the objective of any sports team to field the best possible lineup? If and I am not saying to do it, but, if you are not going to use Chapman to maximize his talent and abilities, why not see what you can get for him in teh trade market. It's not like big name quality pitchers are not traded, it happens and if the right offer was there and the players we got actually helped this team, what is wrong with trading Chapman?

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 06:17 PM
It's not "player", it's everything. Every decision made is not good enough. I'm sorry the front office and Dusty doesn't consult you. It seams you just like to argue with other posters. It gets old man. I've been on here a about a year and you're the only one I have noticed that is that way constantly. You seem to not be able to agree to disagree.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 06:43 PM
It's not "player", it's everything. Every decision made is not good enough. I'm sorry the front office and Dusty doesn't consult you. It seams you just like to argue with other posters. It gets old man. I've been on here a about a year and you're the only one I have noticed that is that way constantly. You seem to not be able to agree to disagree.

I have high standards, I believe there is the talent there for this team to do better then finish under .500 last year and start off so bad this year. I continually see poor decision making by both Walt and Dusty. If you are okay with sub .500 ball and wasteful use of talent and continual poor decision making then that is your right. I guess as a Colts fan and seeing how well a sports franchise can be ran over and over and over for a decade plus has spoiled me and I want the same for my Reds.

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 06:54 PM
I have high standards, I believe there is the talent there for this team to do better then finish under .500 last year and start off so bad this year. I continually see poor decision making by both Walt and Dusty. If you are okay with sub .500 ball and wasteful use of talent and continual poor decision making then that is your right. I guess as a Colts fan and seeing how well a sports franchise can be ran over and over and over for a decade plus has spoiled me and I want the same for my Reds.

I am a Colts fan also, you could argue that they weren't ran very well as they didn't have a serviceable backup QB, but that's a topic for a different message board. You think the rest of us don't want to see a winner also? We just chose to not constantly piss and moan about every single little thing. Listen, I'm done with this, there is no changing people like you who feel they are always right. In the end we both want the same thing....lots of Reds W's.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 07:00 PM
I am a Colts fan also, you could argue that they weren't ran very well as they didn't have a serviceable backup QB, but that's a topic for a different message board. You think the rest of us don't want to see a winner also? We just chose to not constantly piss and moan about every single little thing. Listen, I'm done with this, there is no changing people like you who feel they are always right. In the end we both want the same thing....lots of Reds W's.

I voice my view, I would hope others would also, and would understand that by sitting back and not, you are willing to accept shotty play and such. I wished we had the type of press they have in NYC in Cincy and would hammer both Dusty and Walt daily like they do in NYC, maybe then some change would happen...

RedsFan_26
04-20-2012, 07:29 PM
brm you are being a troll. nobody wants to hear you complain about your insane opinions

CaliBuck
04-20-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm a veteran poster of many sports boards for years now, login everyday to numerous sites and read 50+ threads a day and this is easily the worst thread I have ever seen started.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 07:48 PM
brm you are being a troll. nobody wants to hear you complain about your insane opinions

How is it insane? You don't agree with it, but how is it insane? I see a player who has incredible trade value being wasted, why is it insane to see if you can get some quality players in return that will be used and help the team.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm a veteran poster of many sports boards for years now, login everyday to numerous sites and read 50+ threads a day and this is easily the worst thread I have ever seen started.

Because why? You think trading Chapman won't bring anything in return?

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Because why? You think trading Chapman won't bring anything in return?

I don't think it's that, it's probably the very thought that Chappy should be traded. A lot of our guys have value, doesn't mean we should trade them.

RedsFan_26
04-20-2012, 08:07 PM
How is it insane? You don't agree with it, but how is it insane? I see a player who has incredible trade value being wasted, why is it insane to see if you can get some quality players in return that will be used and help the team.

i'm tired of telling you this, he is not being wasted! he has the most relief innings on the team and is a powerful set up man right now. He will settle into a starting role sooner or later and when he does his potential will be fully used. There is no reason to trade him now?? it makes no sense to? we could also trade bruce, stubbs, phillips, mesoraco, cozart, cueto, and latos and get something in return that could help the team... but are we going to just because 14 games into the season Jocketty is not doing what brm675 wants him to do? no.

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 08:10 PM
i'm tired of telling you this, he is not being wasted! he has the most relief innings on the team and is a powerful set up man right now. He will settle into a starting role sooner or later and when he does his potential will be fully used. There is no reason to trade him now?? it makes no sense to? we could also trade bruce, stubbs, phillips, mesoraco, cozart, cueto, and latos and get something in return that could help the team... but are we going to just because 14 games into the season Jocketty is not doing what brm675 wants him to do? no.

2nd this post!!!

RedsFan_26
04-20-2012, 08:21 PM
2nd this post!!!

Hahaha just saw a post on twitter where a guy named brm7576 asked a question complaining to john fay, his response was "you'd get a date with kate upton and complain about her outfit" :D Classic

NeilHamburger
04-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Would you trade Chapman straight up for Mike Trout?

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Hahaha just saw a post on twitter where a guy named brm7576 asked a question complaining to john fay, his response was "you'd get a date with kate upton and complain about her outfit" :D Classic

Wonder if it's him, if so how ironic!

CaliBuck
04-20-2012, 08:36 PM

Its him, i saw it too and laughed.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 09:16 PM

So you equate quanity with importance? I don't...

brm7675
04-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Yep me...as I continue to point out to Mr. Fay his job is not to be just a plain bland reporter but call both Dusty and Walt on continual dumb moves...you know like a good repoter does.

brm7675
04-20-2012, 09:21 PM
I don't think it's that, it's probably the very thought that Chappy should be traded. A lot of our guys have value, doesn't mean we should trade them.

How else do u improve your team?

brm7675
04-20-2012, 09:25 PM

Depending on the return it makes perfect sense especially if it addresses a larger need.

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 09:27 PM
How else do u improve your team?

The draft and free agency. Also at the trade deadline you take a strength(excess) and trade to fill a weakness.

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Yep me...as I continue to point out to Mr. Fay his job is not to be just a plain bland reporter but call both Dusty and Walt on continual dumb moves...you know like a good repoter does.

From what I understand Fay is 1 of the most respected reports that cover the Reds. What gives you the gall to tell the man how to do his job. This just pushed me over the edge with you, you have lost all credibility with me. Nothing you post from here on out has no credence with me. I know it doesn't mean much to you, nor should it I guess, but oh well.

R_Webb18
04-20-2012, 09:37 PM
brm7675 dont you spam johnfay with a lot dumb questions also? calm down a little. kinda annoying

brm7675
04-20-2012, 09:56 PM
From what I understand Fay is 1 of the most respected reports that cover the Reds. What gives you the gall to tell the man how to do his job. This just pushed me over the edge with you, you have lost all credibility with me. Nothing you post from here on out has no credence with me. I know it doesn't mean much to you, nor should it I guess, but oh well.

So let me guess you are not a fan of Kravitz and his style or Jason Whitlock or Skip Bayless?

brm7675
04-20-2012, 09:57 PM
brm7675 dont you spam johnfay with a lot dumb questions also? calm down a little. kinda annoying

No I ask him questions he should be asking Dusty and Walt and isn't.

OldRed1966
04-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Why? Exaclty "how" is Chapman helping this team by sitting in the bullpen?

Who leads the team in wins?

That being said, Chapman needs to be in the rotation.

dubc47834
04-20-2012, 10:38 PM
So let me guess you are not a fan of Kravitz and his style or Jason Whitlock or Skip Bayless?

I love Kravitz, don't listen to whitlock, and bayless is ok. I think he say a lot of stuff just to be provocative.

RedsFan_26
04-20-2012, 10:57 PM
No I ask him questions he should be asking Dusty and Walt and isn't.

No, i'm pretty sure John Fay shot you down basically saying you are a complainer who even if got a shot with the worlds hottest women would still complain

brm7675
04-20-2012, 11:06 PM
No, i'm pretty sure John Fay shot you down basically saying you are a complainer who even if got a shot with the worlds hottest women would still complain

Hottness does not always equal a good person...

Todd Gack
04-21-2012, 10:15 AM

I loved reading those tweets. Fay is basically calling out brm because he's one of 'those guys.' I'm assuming brm calls the Banana Phone too.

texasdave
04-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Lol....nice try, Madson is on the DL and done for the year.
Someone stated that Chapman was in the bullpen because of injuries. Madson was gonna be the Reds' closer. That is part of the bullpen. He is hurt. In fact he is hurt so badly he won't pitch all year. It is impossible to not see the connection between Madson and Masset being injured and
Chapman being in the bullpen.

bmwreds31
04-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Ehh to be honest aside from the initial Knee Jerk reaction that is are you watawded. If you think about it with the right return. i would trade him.

I would trade him right now for Josh Hamilton straight up.

I guarantee more wins this season If we had Josh Hamilton in the line-up and Masset got healthy to take up the 7th-8th inning fill spot.

Assembly Hall
04-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Ehh to be honest aside from the initial Knee Jerk reaction that is are you watawded. If you think about it with the right return. i would trade him.

I would trade him right now for Josh Hamilton straight up.

I guarantee more wins this season If we had Josh Hamilton in the line-up and Masset got healthy to take up the 7th-8th inning fill spot.

LOL.....there are a lot of guys out there I would trade him straight up for at the present. But tell me how Hamilton's salary would fit into our budget? C'mon man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UCBrownsfan
04-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Someone stated that Chapman was in the bullpen because of injuries. Madson was gonna be the Reds' closer. That is part of the bullpen. He is hurt. In fact he is hurt so badly he won't pitch all year. It is impossible to not see the connection between Madson and Masset being injured and
Chapman being in the bullpen.

As well, Chapman could start half of a year without having too many innings on his arm and still be effective if we go postseason. It also gives us time to see who he should replace from the current rotation. I think the perfect plan is Chapman starting after the all star break.

bmwreds31
04-21-2012, 11:55 AM
LOL.....there are a lot of guys out there I would trade him straight up for at the present. But tell me how Hamilton's salary would fit into our budget? C'mon man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously i dont know the ins and outs of how the trade would work out. Maybe they eat some of his salary. The texans wouldnt go for it obviously, anyhow. They wouldnt trade away one of the Best Hitters baseball has ever seen.

I mean geez who would in their right mind would do that......Oh wait. :thumbdown:

bmwreds31
04-21-2012, 11:56 AM
As well, Chapman could start half of a year without having too many innings on his arm and still be effective if we go postseason. It also gives us time to see who he should replace from the current rotation. I think the perfect plan is Chapman starting after the all star break.

I dont see him starting at all this season. Not without a triple A stint.

Assembly Hall
04-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Obviously i dont know the ins and outs of how the trade would work out. Maybe they eat some of his salary. The texans wouldnt go for it obviously, anyhow. They wouldnt trade away one of the Best Hitters baseball has ever seen.

I mean geez who would in their right mind would do that......Oh wait. :thumbdown:

LOL........Chappy would bring a ton of prospects, but no stud position player.

Krawhitham
04-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Unless you could get a MLB+ bat for Chapman you keep him

Todd Gack
04-21-2012, 01:48 PM
‏LOL

@jluckhaupt
Following

OMG Can we replace Leake with Chapman already!!!!
1:44 PM - 21 Apr 12 via Plume for Android · Embed this Tweet
Reply Retweet Favorite

bmwreds31
04-21-2012, 01:54 PM
LOL........Chappy would bring a ton of prospects, but no stud position player.
ummm okie dokie bro. I disagree.

DirtyBaker
04-21-2012, 09:05 PM
Anyone is worth trading for the right asking price. While Chapman's stock is high, teams still haven't seen him start in the major leagues yet. Packaged with Stubbs, Rolen, or Ludwick, if we can get LF or 3B cleanup hitter and some prospects I'd be willing to take a look.

I just doubt there's a lot of buyers willing to offer what the Reds need, given Chapman's lack of starts.

The question raised is a fair one. We have no proof there is a plan in place for Chapman and his stock is looking brighter every appearance he makes. Fay said on the radio during today's broadcast that Chapman may start to make the conversion and get stretched out as early as next months.

As close as I try to follow this team, I will remain skeptical and believe it when I see it. I hope Walt is listening to all offers because he is doing Chapman as well as the Reds a disservice not having started a game into his 3rd year in a Reds uniform.

markymark69
04-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Not to reiterrate a point by both Marty and Jeff Brantley but as they have both pointed out, Chapman is going to be limited on innings anyway if he starts - it would be better to use him the role he is in early in the season, where he is dominating - then begin to use him later in the season as a starter.

For those who claim it can't be done - do not remember 1990 or just simply don't know or care - but Norm Charlton did the same thing for the Reds that year. He was a part of the Nasty Boys - but later in the year in was starting - I see a scenario like that playing out this season with Chapman.

OGB
04-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Not to reiterrate a point by both Marty and Jeff Brantley but as they have both pointed out, Chapman is going to be limited on innings anyway if he starts - it would be better to use him the role he is in early in the season, where he is dominating - then begin to use him later in the season as a starter.

For those who claim it can't be done - do not remember 1990 or just simply don't know or care - but Norm Charlton did the same thing for the Reds that year. He was a part of the Nasty Boys - but later in the year in was starting - I see a scenario like that playing out this season with Chapman.

Exactly.
I initially was upset about Chapman's move to the 'pen, but once I took a minute to stop and consider it, you realize it's the right move, injuries or no. Unless you know absolutely f-all about baseball, you're aware that a pitcher can't just suddenly jump to throwing 150-200 innings a season after previously throwing in relief.
Heck, the benchmark for pitchers to potentially hurt themselves is increasing their IP total by 30 innings or more. Obviously that changes a bit for a RP moving to a starting role, but if you think the Reds are planning on pitching Chapman much more than 140 innings or so this year you're out of your mind.

dubc47834
04-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Exactly.
I initially was upset about Chapman's move to the 'pen, but once I took a minute to stop and consider it, you realize it's the right move, injuries or no. Unless you know absolutely f-all about baseball, you're aware that a pitcher can't just suddenly jump to throwing 150-200 innings a season after previously throwing in relief.
Heck, the benchmark for pitchers to potentially hurt themselves is increasing their IP total by 30 innings or more. Obviously that changes a bit for a RP moving to a starting role, but if you think the Reds are planning on pitching Chapman much more than 140 innings or so this year you're out of your mind.

Finally....a few other people who can see the light!!!! This isn't just a Dusty move in my opinion. I think there was some thought put into this once Madson went down. I think before that, the intent was to have him in the rotation and this gave them the oppurtunity to fix that situation and to also let the starting role work itself out. More than likely it will be Bailey or Leake losing the job, unless both of them pitch lights out, which I don't see happening. I think that it will be Leake losing the job, time will tell.

Assembly Hall
04-24-2012, 08:25 AM
ummm okie dokie bro. I disagree.

LOL....that is your right!:thumbup:

Going back to that 1990 year Charlton's move was a nescessity more than a thought out plan. But I agree with the last couple of posters.