PDA

View Full Version : Pineda out for the season...

texasdave
04-25-2012, 06:33 PM
This might explain the drop in velocity.

Yankees right-hander Michael Pineda has been diagnosed with an anterior labral tear of his right shoulder and is scheduled to undergo season-ending arthroscopic surgery on Tuesday.

TheBigLebowski
04-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Looks like the Yanks were Madsoned.

brm7675
04-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Looks like the Yanks were Madsoned.

Even worse, we didn't give up anything to get Madson...the Yanks did give up some talent to get that kid...

DGullett35
04-26-2012, 02:07 AM
Pineda could be the next Carl Pavano in New York. Guy was making like 9 mil a year and had something like 20 starts in 4 years. ouch!!

The DARK
04-26-2012, 02:18 AM
So much for that incredible, revamped rotation they were supposed to have. The Red Sox are unexpectedly bad, and Tampa Bay's lineup is going to run dry soon enough. Seems to me like this is Toronto's year to strike.

DGullett35
04-26-2012, 04:04 AM
Toronto doesn't have the pitching to stay in it all year. Tampa will win the division. They have the best pitching and they always have just enough offense to win. Joe Maddon is my fav. manager in all of baseball. The guy must be awesome to play for. As for the Yankees. They have the deepest lineup in all of baseball, and even without Pineda they still have a pretty good rotation. CC, Kuroda, Nova(whos been solid for a year in a half now. He won 15 games last year as a rookie), Freddy Garcia, and Phil Hughes. Hughes can be really good or really bad, and Andy Pettite is due back in may or june. I think that rotation is pretty solid and you know if they need something at the trade deadline that they will go out and get it. I say they take the WC..

And for the Reds. 9-9 doesn't look so bad since we've won 4 out of 5. This team will be just fine. Seriously the Reds may have the best bullpen in the majors. Arredondo has went back to the pitcher he was in LA, and Chapman and Ondrusek have been excellent in late inning relief. The pitching staff as a hole has to be this teams biggest bright spot early in the season. That right there will keep us in most every ballgame.