PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me with directions??

mikdavrut
04-27-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm coming up to the game tomorrow and I have read on here in the past about a parking lot on the KY side in which parking is free on weekends and you park there and walk across the bridge to the park.

I'm coming up from Somerset, so I'll be coming up N75, so my question is how do I get to this parking lot? What Exit? Where do I go once I take the exit?

Thanks in advance.

Also, anyone else going tomm. that would like to meet up, let me know....we'll have a beer or 2 together and shoot the crap :thumbup:

brm7675
04-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Not aware of free but cheap at Newport on the levee for between 3-5 dollars then come over the bridge.

jwmann2
04-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Park at Tower Place Parking, right behind Saks Fifth Avenue. $5 after 5pm on weeknights and $5 all day on weekends.

KYRedLeg
04-28-2012, 10:56 PM
From I-75, you will head towards Florence, on past the 71/75 merger.

Take exit 185 on to 275-E (if you see signs for the airport, that is 275-W....go the other way.)

Take exit 74B on to 471-N.

Exit 3 on to Grand Avenue (though any of the Newport exits will eventually lead to the Levee, this is the one we always use).

Merge on to North Grand Avenue. You'll see a Target and Kroger on your right.

Go up the hill to a stop light at Monmouth Street. K*Mart will be on your right. Turn right.

This road dead-ends at the Levee entertainment district. Be sure to watch for lane shifts, as you'll be driving right through "downtown" Newport. The parking garage is under the aquarium and shopping mall.

I'm sure there are other entrances to the garage, but we turn right at the end of Monmouth, turn left at the end of the next street, and turn right again to get under the complex.

Gameday parking is $5, with a walk across the bridge.

Ironman92
04-28-2012, 11:02 PM
From I-75, you will head towards Florence, on past the 71/75 merger.

Take exit 185 on to 275-E (if you see signs for the airport, that is 275-W....go the other way.)

Take exit 74B on to 471-N.

Exit 3 on to Grand Avenue (though any of the Newport exits will eventually lead to the Levee, this is the one we always use).

Merge on to North Grand Avenue. You'll see a Target and Kroger on your right.

Go up the hill to a stop light at Monmouth Street. K*Mart will be on your right. Turn right.

This road dead-ends at the Levee entertainment district. Be sure to watch for lane shifts, as you'll be driving right through "downtown" Newport. The parking garage is under the aquarium and shopping mall.

I'm sure there are other entrances to the garage, but we turn right at the end of Monmouth, turn left at the end of the next street, and turn right again to get under the complex.

Gameday parking is $5, with a walk across the bridge.

Need detail....too vague

KYRedLeg
04-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Need detail....too vague

Remind me never to ask you for directions.

OGB
04-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Remind me never to ask you for directions.

Awesome directions, but the last line should say "turn left again".

Also, there is street parking within a few blocks of the Levee that is free. You can take the three bucks you saved and put it towards one third of a beer.

cooperlamar
06-02-2012, 07:40 PM
There are garages in downtown Cincinnati which are considerably closer (than the Levee) for the same price. Plus, you can find meters and park for free most of the time.

texasdave
06-03-2012, 11:47 AM
There are garages in downtown Cincinnati which are considerably closer (than the Levee) for the same price. Plus, you can find meters and park for free most of the time.

True enough. But I have always enjoyed that walk across the bridge. And if they are having fireworks the bridge is a pretty sweet place to watch them from.