PDA

View Full Version : Other managers say stupid stuff, too

redssince75
04-30-2012, 11:17 AM
So he was pitching so good that you wanted to get him out of there...can you imagine how Dusty would be skewered if he had said this?

"Houston starter Jordan Lyles was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City before the game. He lasted six innings, allowing four hits and three runs with three walks and four strikeouts.
"He threw the ball well," Mills said. "He threw the ball so well that we wanted to get him out of there with a lead."

Jr's Boy
04-30-2012, 11:54 AM
Jordy wasn't really dealin,my I could see him coming up big for the team in the future.;)

redssince75
05-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Really? No Dusty bashers -- and there are plenty of them on this board -- can confirm or deny that this would have gotten him crucified? I think I know why there is one big "no comment".

DirtyBaker
05-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Then their manager does stupid things too. Houston's message board was probably as frustrated with that comment as we can be with Dusty's on occasion. Stupid is stupid.

And I still haven't heard a comment by a manager as dumb as Dusty's 'bases clogging' quote.

texasdave
05-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Really? No Dusty bashers -- and there are plenty of them on this board -- can confirm or deny that this would have gotten him crucified? I think I know why there is one big "no comment".

I find it difficult to believe that people want to try to justify something by pointing out that someone else did the same thing. You wanna know why there was no reaction on this board? Because nobody on this board cares what the Astros manager does or says. This is RedsZone, not NLCentralZone or NLManagersZone. Furthermore, when do two wrongs make a right? Another manager says something dumb and this somehow is justification for Dusty saying dumb things?

EMAW
05-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Ned Yost recently "We are not playing poorly at home, we just haven't won any games"
0-10, may qualify as playing poorly?

R_Webb18
05-02-2012, 01:30 AM
every manger does dumb things but some do worse than others

The DARK
05-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Taking a rookie out with that stat line is perfectly reasonable and probably the best option, but that's a pretty bad choice of words. There are two things that fans never want to hear out of managers: reliance on outdated statistical ideas and making a management decision based on anything other than trying to win the World Series.