PDA

View Full Version : This makes no damned sense what-so-ever

will5979
05-02-2012, 01:13 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=320501117

In that article it said last night's game would not be made up until August...WHY? Has any of the officials ever heard of a Twi-Night doubleheader that could been played today, or tomorrow? WTH?

:confused:

Big Red Hoss
05-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Yep the cubs series in august is in the middle of 16 straight games. So it will have to be a double header anyway. Im not sure about you but I would rather take my chance on getting a good crowd there today vs the middle of august when it might hit 100. Just not smart on someones part.

Im still one who thinks sunday should be scheduled double headers followed by a day off for travel.

Big Red Hoss
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Also on a side note. Anyone know why the reds play 10 in chicago this year and only 6 in Cinci vs the cubs? Is this something that flips back and forth every year? I have never noticed it.

bmwreds31
05-02-2012, 03:04 PM
seemed like today would have been just fine. I have no idea why they dont reschedule them faster. It never made any sense to me. Does arroyo skip a start now or does everyone get pushed back

Big Red Hoss
05-02-2012, 03:17 PM
seemed like today would have been just fine. I have no idea why they dont reschedule them faster. It never made any sense to me. Does arroyo skip a start now or does everyone get pushed back

Sounds like leake will get skipped.

R_Webb18
05-02-2012, 03:21 PM
makes perfect sense. 100 or not they will get more ppl then than now if there in the race.

brm7675
05-02-2012, 05:19 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=320501117

In that article it said last night's game would not be made up until August...WHY? Has any of the officials ever heard of a Twi-Night doubleheader that could been played today, or tomorrow? WTH?

:confused:

According to John Fay it is in Aug because school is out and weather is better and chance for bigger crowd, it's all about the money/tickets sold...

DirtyBaker
05-02-2012, 06:48 PM
According to John Fay it is in Aug because school is out and weather is better and chance for bigger crowd, it's all about the money/tickets sold...

Best reason I've heard so far, but the weather would have been fine today, and to play it in the middle of a 16 game stretch doesn't thrill me.

Not only that, but it's 4 games in 3 days then Reds are @PHI for a 4 game series and back home for STL weekend series - with no days off for travel. That's going to be a tough week and a half.

mlh1981
05-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Also on a side note. Anyone know why the reds play 10 in chicago this year and only 6 in Cinci vs the cubs? Is this something that flips back and forth every year? I have never noticed it.

I think every year, given the number of teams in our division, there is one NL central team per year that we host one fewer time than normal/make only two visits to.

I remember a few years ago, the Reds only made two appearances to PNC Park to play the Pirates.