PDA

View Full Version : Todays Lineup 05/03/12

ptownred
05-03-2012, 10:42 AM
#Reds Lineup Heisey 8, Harris 5, Votto 3, Phillips 4, Bruce 9, Ludwick 7, Mesoraco 2, Valdez 6, Bailey 1

My question is do you think Baker is trying to get fired or is he really just an idiot. Frazier gets screwed again!!:thumbdown:

smixsell
05-03-2012, 10:46 AM
#Reds Lineup Heisey 8, Harris 5, Votto 3, Phillips 4, Bruce 9, Ludwick 7, Mesoraco 2, Valdez 6, Bailey 1

My question is do you think Baker is trying to get fired or is he really just an idiot. Frazier gets screwed again!!:thumbdown:

He really is just an idiot. A nice idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

Big Red Hoss
05-03-2012, 10:59 AM
This will help even the series for sure. Its Just brilliant.

malcontent
05-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Cairo will be back shortly, so I'm afraid Frazier will then have to be sent down.

In July, when Rolen is OPSing 0.600 (currently humming along at a crisp 0.556), the Reds (Baker) will have no choice but to do the formerly unthinkable...start Cairo every third game.

R_Webb18
05-03-2012, 11:09 AM
the funny thing is dusty thinks willie h is good

malcontent
05-03-2012, 11:19 AM
I've gotta say, after watching the Reds' RHHs flail away pathetically at Samardzija, that the onus to save this season is now fully on Jocketty.

He took an offense that was extremely vulnerable to RHP, and made matters even worse by trading Alonso, Francisco, and Grandal. Even Laynce Nix would look better than Heisey these days.

Jocketty has to do something. Baker is, and always has been, clueless. So him saying that it wasn't "us", but all Samardzija, should be expected.

And please. Just declare Rolen deceased and move on. He's a dead man at the plate, and has the range of one in the field.

texasdave
05-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Maybe there are no ex-Cardinals out there that swing from the left side. That's a distinct possibility.

alett12
05-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I'll give the reds till the end of the month if they keep droping games (espeacily at home).

bmwreds31
05-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Dear god. Valdez and harris both in. Unbelievable. The reds make me wanna puke.

brm7675
05-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I've gotta say, after watching the Reds' RHHs flail away pathetically at Samardzija, that the onus to save this season is now fully on Jocketty.

He took an offense that was extremely vulnerable to RHP, and made matters even worse by trading Alonso, Francisco, and Grandal. Even Laynce Nix would look better than Heisey these days.

Jocketty has to do something. Baker is, and always has been, clueless. So him saying that it wasn't "us", but all Samardzija, should be expected.

And please. Just declare Rolen deceased and move on. He's a dead man at the plate, and has the range of one in the field.

Even if Alonso was on the team, he wouldn't be playing much because he is a first basemen and we have one. Francisco is fat, out of shape player with no real drive and Grandal is at least a year plus away. Nix is an average player at best. Where Walt screwed up was not signing Beltran. Put Beltran in this lineup and it's an entire different lineup.

As for Rolen he is going no where, I love his glove and leadership but his bat is gone and we are stuck with him till season end.

alett12
05-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Dear god. Valdez and harris both in. Unbelievable. The reds make me wanna puke.

Valdez isn't as bad. Just wait till Cairo comes back dusty will send all three in at once

New York Red
05-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Scary.

Big Red Hoss
05-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Good news is FSN isn't carrying the game. I don't have to watch it. Just listen and follow online.

texasdave
05-03-2012, 12:12 PM
I can envision a Sunday Special lineup like this somewhere down the road:

C- Mesoraco
1B - Cairo
2B - Harris
SS - Cozart
3B - Valdez
LF - Ludwick
RF - Heisey
CF - Cardboard cutout of T-Virus

Bob Sheed
05-03-2012, 12:17 PM
the funny thing is dusty thinks willie h is good

Dusty thought Corey P and Willy T were good too.

:thumbup:

malcontent
05-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Even if Alonso was on the team, he wouldn't be playing much because he is a first basemen and we have one. Francisco is fat, out of shape player with no real drive and Grandal is at least a year plus away. Nix is an average player at best. Where Walt screwed up was not signing Beltran. Put Beltran in this lineup and it's an entire different lineup.

As for Rolen he is going no where, I love his glove and leadership but his bat is gone and we are stuck with him till season end.
I completely agree with you about Beltran.

The Cardinals make the right moves. Two years ago, Berkman. Now, Beltran. They finessed the Albertross dilemma.

I have to disagree about the other players. Alonso, OK, he's not a LF. He's the one guy I had no problems with trading so long as they were going to keep Votto.

But find me a legitimate LHH LF, for Chrissakes.

And I'd rather see Francisco than Rolen out there against RHP. Rolen could have started against LHP and been a late-inning defensive replacement.

And even if Grandal is a year or more away, you have to consider the future roster.

Which is another reason why I don't like the Phillips extension. You can shift Hamilton to the OF, but where does Gregorius play?

brm7675
05-03-2012, 12:24 PM

The Cardinals make the right moves. Two years ago, Berkman. Now, Beltran. They finessed the Albertross dilemma.

I have to disagree about the other players. Alonso, OK, he's not a LF. He's the one guy I had no problems with trading so long as they were going to keep Votto.

I'd rather see Francisco than Rolen out there against RHP. Rolen could have started against LHP and been a late-inning defensive replacement.

And Grandal is closer than you think, IMO.

Francisco is young and didn't come to camp hungry so to speak and pissed Dusty off and well he is now in Atlanta. Even had he come to camp ready to go, Dusty is going to play Rolen 75-85% of the time as long as he is healthy because he has "earned" it over the years.

Grandal is where Meso was last year, so he needs a full year at AAA, then would have come up next year and as Meso will this year would struggle his first year or so, thus no real impact till the 2014 season.

malcontent
05-03-2012, 12:42 PM
13 straight fastballs to start the game.

Yeah, that works.

malcontent
05-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Francisco is young and didn't come to camp hungry so to speak and pissed Dusty off and well he is now in Atlanta. Even had he come to camp ready to go, Dusty is going to play Rolen 75-85% of the time as long as he is healthy because he has "earned" it over the years.
Absolutely. Started the season hitting cleanup, but these days Respect bats 6th.

alett12
05-03-2012, 01:38 PM

And I'd rather see Francisco than Rolen out there against RHP. Rolen could have started against LHP and been a late-inning defensive replacement.

And even if Grandal is a year or more away, you have to consider the future roster.

Which is another reason why I don't like the Phillips extension. You can shift Hamilton to the OF, but where does Gregorius play?

Here is my idea of a line up in about three years

1. Hamilton CF
2. Cozart 3B
3. Votto 1B
4. Bruce RF
5. Mesoraco C
6. Phillips 2B
7. Gregorius SS
8. Neftali Soto LF

with a rotation of
1. Cueto
2. Chapman
3. Latos
4. Leake
5. Who ever the 5th man is

malcontent
05-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Here is my idea of a line up in about three years

1. Hamilton CF
2. Cozart 3B
3. Votto 1B
4. Bruce RF
5. Mesoraco C
6. Phillips 2B
7. Gregorius SS
8. Neftali Soto LF

with a rotation of
1. Cueto
2. Chapman
3. Latos
4. Leake
5. Who ever the 5th man is
That's an interesting lineup.

I certainly wouldn't mind Cozart at 3B, if it meant Gregorius at SS.

Ironman92
05-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Here's my hope:

1. Willie Taveras
2. Royce Clayton
3. Joey Votto
4. Brandon Phillips
5. Jay Bruce
6. Corey Patterson
7. Willie Harris
8. Corky Miller

SP....Brett Tomko
RP....David Weathers/Daniel Ray
Closer....Danny Graves

Bench Rey Olmedo, Gookie Dawkins, Jon Nunnley, Corky Miller

Big Red Hoss
05-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Here's my hope:

1. Willie Taveras
2. Royce Clayton
3. Joey Votto
4. Brandon Phillips
5. Jay Bruce
6. Corey Patterson
7. Willie Harris
8. Corky Miller

SP....Brett Tomko
RP....David Weathers/Daniel Ray
Closer....Danny Graves

Bench Rey Olmedo, Gookie Dawkins, Jon Nunnley, Corky Miller

I believe Corky miller is so good there is two of him too!!! If they brought corky up now he could bat 4th and the thought of pitching to millers stash would cause pitchers to take themselve out a game.

redsfanmia
05-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I believe Corky miller is so good there is two of him too!!! If they brought corky up now he could bat 4th and the thought of pitching to millers stash would cause pitchers to take themselve out a game.

All joking aside if the Reds brought up Corky the team ERA would drop and the pitching would improve.

markymark69
05-03-2012, 09:13 PM
I have to admit that the lineup today was a head scratcher and i know it doesnt matter but they did win the game.

read favorite
05-04-2012, 12:20 AM
heres my line up

CF CecilEspy
RF Greg Tubbs
LF Gary Varsho
3B Craig Worthington
SS Neil Fiala
2B Jake Wood
1B Terry Lee or Tim Costo
C Steve Christmas

SP Mike McQueen, Pete Smith, Larry leubbers Tim Pugh, KevinJarvis