PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Today...

Red in Atl
05-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Willie Harris needed to go. I assume they had already sent him through waivers, as I thought he was out of options.

Frazier needs to get some starts in LF when he doesn't spell Rolen. That 6 and 7 spot in the order is a mess.

The top 5 spots are set when Stubbs plays. I'd throw Heisey or Lubwick there when he doesn't. The #2 slump dump is definitely real, but Stubbs gets the lucky spot most days because of his speed.

When Frazier and Stubbs start the top 6 spots are set with Frazier in the 6 hole.

Hanigan is just solid. And Mes is coming around.

That just leaves #7 and LF...too bad that 8.5 mil wasn't available now. Hind sight is 20/20, but I think Marshall can get the job done as the closer.

Starters are doing a good job keeping us in games. Bronson looked great. Just need some consistency out of Latos. Leake will be losing his spot once Bray is ready.

And how about that BP...niiiiicccceeeeee!

Other thoughts?

bigredmechanism
05-07-2012, 11:26 PM
The last few games have me feeling much better about this team that I did a few weeks ago. Pitching has been getting it done big time, and the hitting seems to have turned a corner.

Really though, if Bruce and Stubbs start playing like 2011 we are in trouble again really quickly.

chuck6660
05-08-2012, 12:18 AM
I think Stubbs is benefiting from hitting ahead of Votto, he's seeing some good pitches to hit. The lineup i would to see is:

1-BP 2b
2-Cozart ss
3-Votto 1b
4-Bruuuce rf
5-Frazier 3b
6-Stubbs cf
7-Heisey/Ludwick lf
8-Hanigan/Mesoraco c

:thumbup::thumbdown:

Alpha Zero
05-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I've said for a while now that Stubbs should be hitting second. His speed and power are not wasted there. He very rarely gets doubled up, which leads to fewer runners erased ahead of Votto. I know he doesn't have good contact skills like the traditional prototypical number two hitter, but I really don't see that as too much of a problem.

bounty37h
05-08-2012, 12:57 PM
SS has looked good for us this year, but still need to find some production out of 3'rd and LF. Starters have looked much better as of late, and BP is doing great!

brm7675
05-08-2012, 01:19 PM
How about this for a crazy lineup..

Hannigan - C
Stubbs - CF
Votto - 1st
Bruce - RF
Frazier - 3rd
Phillips - 2nd
Cozart - SS
Heiz/Lud - LF
Pitcher

smixsell
05-08-2012, 02:39 PM
1. Cozart ss
2. Stubbs cf
3. Votto 1b
4. Bruce rf
5. Phillips 2b
6. Frazier 3b
7. Heisey/Ludwick lf
8. Hannigan/Mes c

Rolen needs to be a backup until he proves he can still hit.

malcontent
05-08-2012, 02:45 PM
1.Cozart ss
2. Stubbs cf
3. Votto 1b
4. Bruce rf
5. Phillips 2b
6. Frazier 3b
7. Heisey/Ludwick lf
8. Hannigan/Mes c

Rolen needs to be a backup until he proves he can still hit.

I'd agree but I think he should simply retire.

So long as he's on the team, Baker will start him and bat him high enough to kill the offense. We've seen this movie before.

Rolen should stop embarrassing himself and retire. He's done.

alett12
05-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Here is what I would like to see but I won't happen
1. Phillips 2B
2. Stubbs/HieseyCF (they would definitely get pitches once bp heats up)
3. Votto 1B
4. Frazier LF (just to split the lefties)
5. Bruce RF
6. Cozart SS
7. Mesoraco/Hanagin C
8. Rolen

brm7675
05-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I'd agree but I think he should simply retire.

So long as he's on the team, Baker will start him and bat him high enough to kill the offense. We've seen this movie before.

Rolen should stop embarrassing himself and retire. He's done.

How many top flight athletes "know" when their time has passed...you can count on one hand the names who steped away at the right time...

phlbilly
05-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I would love to see Frazier get some run in left. Has he played any left at Louisville this year? I would also like to see Bruce bat 4th against righties. I understand wanting to split up the left handed hitters but when they are not producing it does no good. Bruce would give Votto potection in the lineup. It just baffles me that Phillips continues to bat cleanup.